It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the United States un-defended?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
The gangs would be so happy to get together with the police to thwart an invasion ... not! They would be shooting the police and anyone else they could and laughing all the time while they smoke crack.

Most gun owning civilians would expect the Government to handle the situation, for those that actually fight combat fear and stress would reduce their ability to fire acurately (as they do at the range) to a minimum.

This is exactly what I thought to myself some time back when imagining such a scenario. You are living in fantasy land if you think that the whole country would suddenly bond together and join forces. We are talking 300 million people here...the gangs would have a field day. LA Riots on steroids.

And you are also probably pretty accurate about the gun owning civilians. You generally hear the statement "300 million pissed off Americans with guns" when people talk of repelling an invasion. I doubt every person in America has a gun, particularly little kids. More so, I doubt the majority have arms that would be adequate against a militarily outfitted enemy.

Really? You remember how united America was on 9/12 2001? That was a terrorist attack. An actual invason? Yeah gang members and police would be working together, they may start shooting at each other as soon as the invders are dead, but as long as there were foreign forces on our soil all dsputes wold be put aside. The true strength of America is that regardless of how much we may fight with each other, give us a common enemy and we turn into the most united naton on earth.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Scenario
... Multiple civilian aircraft that transport heavily armed soldiers (Red Dawn).

i could imagine the scene at the airport,

''Do you have any thing to declare?''

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Really? You remember how united America was on 9/12 2001?

Aside from the attack the major thing I remember about 9/11 is how every business shut their doors and everyone went home to watch television!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yeah united in isolation

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
America would unite in the face on a common enemy. If you have ever seen two brothers fighting, and the minute someone either tries to break it up or join in its that person who gets beat up. Thats the best way you can describe what would happen if the US were ever invaded.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Civilians would not have to fight. Most of Americans naval ships are in U.S. waters. Most of Americas army divisions aer in America. Most of Americans air force is in America.

www.jsonline.com...

www.cr.nps.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This topic is pointless. If the US were to be invaded then we get drafted, nuff said.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Cargo
More so, I doubt the majority have arms that would be adequate against a militarily outfitted enemy.

If ya have some money you could: Bulletproof your vehicle at Level 3 protection for around $150,000. You can buy a bulletproof vest on eBay or helmet. Soon we will be legaly able to own assault weapons, alot of people allready have guns, I myself have 2 shotguns, 1 rifle, 1 handgun, and plan to get a automatic weapon in the future. America could never be taken.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join