It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in human DNA is evolving? A chinese boy see in pitch black.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is the human species evolving? I'm really stunned of this news. A chinese boy brings havoc in medics and researchers for his incredible capability to see in pitch black, with his "blu eyes" that glow in the dark, like cats.

Doctors have studied Nong Youhui's amazing eyesight since his dad took him to hospital in Dahua, southern China, concerned over his bright blue eyes.

Dad Ling said: "They told me he would grow out of it and that his eyes would stop glowing and turn black like most Chinese people but they never did."

Medical tests conducted in complete darkness show Youhui can read perfectly without any light and sees as clearly as most people do during the day.

Could Nong Youhui be a Hybrid or Starchild? A new and growing generation of extraordinary and gifted children are springing up across our planet, is the human species evolving, or possibly our Extraterrestrial visitors tinkering with our DNA?

To mods: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't doubt his ability to see in the dark, or whether or not it's a product of the evolving human genome.

My question is do you have to be born with it or can it be unlocked? We all have "junk DNA" in our systems waiting to be activated, but I can't help but say I'm a tad jealous of his head-start into the next generation of "super"-human capabilities.

But my jealousy is only countered by the fear that he may be used and doctored, tested and suppressed, like a lab rat.

for the good of the human race, of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why didn't they show his eyes glowing in the dark? If they are like "cat's eyes" that would pick up on video?

I think it's cool he can see in the dark, but they need to get him some sunglasses for the day time!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't know about all this alien hybrid hubbub, but I know a few people who see really well in nigh pitch black and pouring down rain, so I don't doubt it.

And, yes, human DNA is still evolving. Evolution is a constant thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Someone is already engineering superhumans with genes that give them enhanced abilities.

Like...

-See in the dark like the OP posted
-Gills/Lungs like the mudskipper - the ability to breath dissolved O2 from sea water.
-low oxygen survival like a mountain goat
-vision like a eagle
-Camoflage like a squid/octopus
-smell as well as dingo
-Strength like a chimpanzee or gorilla(easier than the rest)
-Endurance like a cheetah(heart,lungs,circulatory system)
-genetic resistance to radiation

Where can this go?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Is the human species evolving? I'm really stunned of this news. A chinese boy brings havoc in medics and researchers for his incredible capability to see in pitch black, with his "blu eyes" that glow in the dark, like cats.

Doctors have studied Nong Youhui's amazing eyesight since his dad took him to hospital in Dahua, southern China, concerned over his bright blue eyes.

Dad Ling said: "They told me he would grow out of it and that his eyes would stop glowing and turn black like most Chinese people but they never did."

Medical tests conducted in complete darkness show Youhui can read perfectly without any light and sees as clearly as most people do during the day.

Could Nong Youhui be a Hybrid or Starchild? A new and growing generation of extraordinary and gifted children are springing up across our planet, is the human species evolving, or possibly our Extraterrestrial visitors tinkering with our DNA?

To mods: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Human beings are evolving! Evolution is working!

Nah bro aliens are tinkering with our DNA.

LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He could be in the third of the Riddick movies.

Quick, get that boy to Hollywood!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We are due for an upgrade to human xp.

Second.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

UhOh!!!
C.H.U.D!
Everyone run!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I want those eyes!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That immediately made me think of this thread!!! Awesome find OP!

ABOVE TOP SECRET

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A totally beliveable story, thats how evolution works, dont tell the dawrin haters though!

Im sure theres going to be more interesting and practical genetic mutations coming to a population near you!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not enough evidence for me to believe this. All I see is blue eyes, they didn't prove anything else. I won't take their word alone.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't think many of the members here quite understand the workings of DNA. Junk DNA is not "waiting to be activated". It is used mainly in regulation of transcription and translation, and there is substantial evidence that other noncoding sequences are "leftover genes" from our evolutionary heritage.

I'd wager this is caused by a mutation or expression of a latent gene.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Alushe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When I look at my toes I have to face the fact that some of our physical attributes are relics of a distant past. I mean really... especially the small ones on the side. The pinkies... mine are even sideways.
I also often think that alopecia or baldness is part of the evolution. Actually when I see a bald guy I think: "# this dude's more evolved than I am"... hehehe. Even though it proves that everything has to be earned. being discheveled is a real issue (and I know it is mostly due to hormonal unbalance) in our society but still.
I do often think evolution will produce taller, balder, skinnier versions of us. Specially with the advance of technology, medical care and stabilised temperature (air conditionning/heating systems) for the lucky part of Earth's population (occidentals).

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Unless he's got infrared vision he cant see in total darkness, there has to be SOME light for the eyes to tell his brain what he's seeing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Why didn't they show his eyes glowing in the dark? If they are like "cat's eyes" that would pick up on video?

I think it's cool he can see in the dark, but they need to get him some sunglasses for the day time!!!

I agree, some rich University should provide him with a good pair of light amber tinted glasses that block out UV rays. It might help preserve his gifted eyesight through his adolescence, and provide the poor boy with some relief.

Fascinating stuff. Be interesting to see what his eye physiology looks like under an electron microscope.

The supposed Nordics are said to have this kind of vision. Maybe this is a new step in physiological evolution.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
amazing....

and yes, human dna is constantly evolving. look at pictures from people 100 or even 50 or 20 years ago... people look nothing like they do now.

and the mere fact we have advanced medicine and technology is proof of human evolution. only thing is, we are the only race that learns and progresses; leaning me towards the alien-hybrid missing link theory and away from darwinism.

this is awesome nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Utter crap.
There has to be some sort of light reflecting off the page in order to see.
Or reflecting in general some sort of light.

This is nonsense.

Unless he's blasting out some rays from his eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

In the video they say they block out nearly all light.

What I noticed was if he does have a reflective layer (tapetum lucidum) in the back of his eyes like cats have making his eyes glow, his daytime visual acuity should be reduced. Which is exactly what the kid is experiencing in bright sunlight, having to squint his eyes and complaining about blurry vision.

So I dunno, it seems legitimate.

However, shouldn't this be impossible according to the theory of evolution? An organism can't just grow a new useful and complete structure like the tapetum lucidum in one generation right? Isn't that supposed to take millennia of freak mutations?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join