It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spineless Nuke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I'm betting a neighbor 25 dollars that it all ends peacefully for Iran. No, don't want war as long as Iran ends it's nuclear ambitions.

Now Syria might be another thing. I think since there's an international presence and several requests for UN involvement, with Russia cowing out and throwing the ball to NATO, that there will be some trouble in Syria, but not terrible trouble.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

How can you call it a civilization when people who protest the government are killed or imprisoned and when women have absolutely no rights? How is it civil for a man to have multiple wives and then lawfully be able to marry another woman for as long as it takes him to have sex with her and then divorce her? Or how is it civil for them to sign an international treaty and then break it knowing that it would bring war or hardship?

I know well of Iran's long history, but it's a corrupt empire and has been all along.

Excuse me, some kid just grabbed a piece of candy out of my store. I need to run him down and chop his hand off.

That's how civil.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Magnificient because: Had to dot an I.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I think Iran will see the light and end things peacefully. While the leaders may be evil, they are not stupid.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

How can you call it a civilization when people who protest the government are killed or imprisoned and when women have absolutely no rights? How is it civil for a man to have multiple wives and then lawfully be able to marry another woman for as long as it takes him to have sex with her and then divorce her? Or how is it civil for them to sign an international treaty and then break it knowing that it would bring war or hardship?

What is civilised is relative. What about the banking crisis in which the rich have robbed the poor. Or nealry two million dead in illegal wars.

There are many countries that have broken internationals and treatys. Who is held to account is determined with has the biggest stick.

Iran is no saint but the reason the demonizing is on Iran is because the banking cartel wants to get a centralised bank installed. Just like it did in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya and what they want to do in Iran and North Korea. Own the money, own the country.

Iran is no threat to the world they have not started a war in over a hundred years. Nor do they want to wipe the Jews from the world. Jews live with no problems in Iran.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Demonizing Iran? Damn, isn't it them who have been calling US the great satan for fifty years or so? Iran doesn't need to be demonized. The Iranian government has demonized itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

looks at some of the US policy to Iran from 1953. That was the date US overthrew Iran's democracy with a military backed coup and installed a dictator. How happy with you be if someone done that in your country

Since that date there have been continous interference from the US towards Iran. People protest against US policy not the people of America,
Most Iranians dont like the government and they should be left to sort that out there own way. Its all about the central bank that is why they want bank in Iran. Its another peace of the bank that now dominated governments in most of the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I have good respect for true Muslims, equal to the respect I have for true Christians, but that ancient history stuff does not justify Iran going nuclear.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflops
What worries me is that your more worried about Iran than the fact that WE are bringing TREMENDOUS fire power to bare along the shores of their country.. THATS what you should be worried about.

And..

So should Iran.

They just released a statement that they will 'definitely' closing Strait of Hormuz

Place your bets....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Since when has the US behaved well abroad? Have they behaved well in the past decade? Certainly not. Not once, not on any issue. Hypocritically, deceptively, manipulatively, belligerently - yes. Satanic? I'm sure to the millions of people they've affected adversely for too long, yes. That characterization would be accurate. Imagine if some country like Russia or China came in to inflict their ways upon American citizens. How dare those insurgents not accept that America benevolently doles out to them!? It really is shocking, isn't it?

And why should anyone not have the right to be a nuclear nation if any other one is? Explain how that even makes sense. I don't trust any of the nuclear nations. I don't trust the undeclared nuclear nations. If Iran has nukes, it's really all the same, isn't it? It makes no difference because America is full of idiot leaders just as much as any other country. Iran, I'm quite sure, is no exception. I cannot think of a country with adept and benevolent leaders.

So maybe we can stop the stupidity that America is perpetrating here and get those ships out of the Strait. They have no business there. It's far from their waters. Can't be construed as anything but goading the Iranians, can it? That's all it is. Immature, irresponsible bullying. So, so sick of this ridiculous stuff. If anyone needs reining in, it's Anglo-America.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You're really full of it. Russia said recently that Iran's ability to refine their oil was so poor that they had to import most of their gas. Why doesn't Iran work on that rather than jump into the nuclear scene? The whole purpose of Iran's nuclear venture is to bring war to the world. And they're doing all they can do to make it go global. When the devil goes down, he will be sure to try and drag everybody down with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ummm yeah thats how it works in "typical" countries but the Mullahs will probably have the button fibre optically wired to their own person control center somewhere LOL.

Keys turned and codes entered are something more like the US and Russia use...dont think that all countries follow same said protocol.

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

remember...one of the "leaders" doesnt LITERALLY have a nuclear weapon at their disposal...there are steps to actually launch a nuclear missle.. example:

*order must be given
*order must be approved by a group of leaders of certain branches
*several different keys must be turned
*several codes must be entered
*longittude and latittude must be logged in
*finally button must be pressed in different sequences by different people at a certain time

think about it...going through all that proccess and so many different people in charge to launch a nuke...SOMEONE...must not agree with launching it..it could be the guy who turns the key, or the guy who enters the codes...

the "president" or "leader" of a country DOESNT have a nuclear launch button at their disposal..
edit on 22-1-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Show me your source. Sounds like you've been eating from the propaganda stew, buddy.

And if your sources look anything like Fox News, USA Today, the NY Post, the Daily Mail or any of the other rubbish the media has to offer, I will laugh at you. I warn you now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Iran starting wars? That's really not their way, is it? Their way is to sponsor international terrorism. I've already said that Iran had a cowardly leadership, but thanks for making my point for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

Iran starting wars? That's really not their way, is it? Their way is to sponsor international terrorism. I've already said that Iran had a cowardly leadership, but thanks for making my point for me.

If you really want to see who funds international terrorism look at organisations like the CIA... Or work out why the Iran is on the hit list. Its on the hitlist because the banks want if for the banking cartel. Think what you want idm. If you want to learn do some research...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by superman2012

When I was growing up, kids would challenge me from a distance, then run. I'd eventually catch them out and throttle them, but they still got on my nerves doing that. Maybe it's just me. If Iran want's to behave like infantiles, that's one thing, but when they cause a multi-billion dollar expense by causing us to turn around and look at them, that's another. They should be held accountable.

Question this: Why is the US getting involved!? It would cost you nothing to NOT fight Israel's wars for them. Wouldn't that make more sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join