It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spineless Nuke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So Iranian officials threatened violence if one of our ships passed through the straight, but then said it's okay, but we dare you to come back. Then a second group of ships went through and their speedboats buzzed it, but turned and fled when a warning was relayed to them via an interpreter. More threats were made by various officials over the next few weeks about the Gulf. A day or two ago it was announced that the USS Enterprise, America's oldest aircraft carrier, would be part of another group to sail through. So now Iran says, no problem, that's normal. It worries me that one of those spineless leaders will someday have a nuclear bomb, or even a pea shooter.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

remember...one of the "leaders" doesnt LITERALLY have a nuclear weapon at their disposal...there are steps to actually launch a nuclear missle.. example:

*order must be given
*order must be approved by a group of leaders of certain branches
*several different keys must be turned
*several codes must be entered
*longittude and latittude must be logged in
*finally button must be pressed in different sequences by different people at a certain time

think about it...going through all that proccess and so many different people in charge to launch a nuke...SOMEONE...must not agree with launching it..it could be the guy who turns the key, or the guy who enters the codes...

the "president" or "leader" of a country DOESNT have a nuclear launch button at their disposal..
edit on 22-1-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They know what’s coming and it’s a matter of time. They are just trying to delay the inevitable.

They are doing all they can to avoid being seen as the instigator of any military action.

I feel the US is going to attack come hell or high water, and when it does we might just find out one way or another if they are as spineless as you say.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What worries me is that your more worried about Iran than the fact that WE are bringing TREMENDOUS fire power to bare along the shores of their country.. THATS what you should be worried about.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
So Iranian officials threatened violence if one of our ships passed through the straight, but then said it's okay, but we dare you to come back. Then a second group of ships went through and their speedboats buzzed it, but turned and fled when a warning was relayed to them via an interpreter. More threats were made by various officials over the next few weeks about the Gulf. A day or two ago it was announced that the USS Enterprise, America's oldest aircraft carrier, would be part of another group to sail through. So now Iran says, no problem, that's normal. It worries me that one of those spineless leaders will someday have a nuclear bomb, or even a pea shooter.

the answer can be quite easy since all iran has to do is release a press statement probably costing £10 and the entire US military has to go into overdrive just incase...if i was an iranian politician i'd be laughing that everytime they issue some sort of declaration the US seems to need to have to spend another 5-10 billion it doesn;t really have

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

remember...one of the "leaders" doesnt LITERALLY have a nuclear weapon at their disposal...there are steps to actually launch a nuclear missle.. example:

*order must be given
*finally button must be pressed in different sequences by different people at a certain time

think about it...going through all that proccess and so many different people in charge to launch a nuke...SOMEONE...must not agree with launching it..it could be the guy who turns the key, or the guy who enters the codes...

the "president" or "leader" of a country DOESNT have a nuclear launch button at their disposal..

That's mostly true but not completely, at least not in regards to the united states.. we have nuclear subs all over the place and they do have the power to operate independently which is scary in and of itself, but this is in place incase of worst case scenarios ... say someone decides to bomb the US into oblivion and can't therefore give orders to respond to the threat.. these sub captains have power to launch a response.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

*order must be given

This may be true for an nuclear ICBM but for America the CO's have them on their Tomahawks and the Iranians could very well have them on say an SS-N-22 or C-801. Codes can be entered almost instantaneously and missiles could be EO/TV Guided.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

No, they actually don't. There are protocols that must be followed, regardless of whatever perceptions people may have. Captains are not omnipotent at any time.

You know, for all North Korea's posturing and threats, not to mention the fact that they actually do have nukes, they never garnered this sort of response. Anyone care to venture a guess as to the real agenda here? Hint: Nuclear Iran is not it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So not starting a war is spineless? I see it as letting the bully piss on your yard, but, if they try to in your house, then you would kick them out. So when are you signing up? Or are you "spineless"?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

In civilized nations, that's true...We're talking about Iran.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

the answer can be quite easy since all iran has to do is release a press statement probably costing £10 and the entire US military has to go into overdrive just incase...if i was an iranian politician i'd be laughing that everytime they issue some sort of declaration the US seems to need to have to spend another 5-10 billion it doesn;t really have

Hahaha, that is actually funny. I never thought of that. Put economic sanctions on Iran and they cost you billions.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

When I was growing up, kids would challenge me from a distance, then run. I'd eventually catch them out and throttle them, but they still got on my nerves doing that. Maybe it's just me. If Iran want's to behave like infantiles, that's one thing, but when they cause a multi-billion dollar expense by causing us to turn around and look at them, that's another. They should be held accountable.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

^ This ^ is the same way your government thinks , and is a prime example of idiocracy . America is playing out a plan they knocked up 50+ years ago , and Iran just happens to be in their way....and more importantly , in Israel`s way.

Why arent we seeing Iranians crying out for war ? It saddens me to think that the only way for America to learn , is for your allies to walk away and cut all ties, possibly creating an even bigger war and playing straight into " their " plan B -> depopulation.

You see , there`s honestly no turning back now , and have you forgotton about Russia`s position in the world ? even China has interest in Iran and China alone would give the U.S a war theyre not ready for , a war with a rich country that knows how to fight, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan .......... so ..... plan A looks alot like plan B .

And look at it this way ...... America is the only country looking for war in all corners of this planet, theyre invading other countries and destroying people`s lifes , people like you and me just doing their day to day , but they wont show you the reality of it on your television , no , its all about "the war on terror".

Ever wondered why , in the past decade alone, these small countries that are rich in drugs and natural resources, and low in man power and militry might, seem to be "threatening" the one man band known as the USA ? I think its time some-one taughht America some manners . The only way to prevent WWWIII is to get American troops out of all currently occupied territoies before NATO does it`s job and declares war with America .
edit on 22-1-2012 by RockLobster because: spelling ... uuuurgh , onscreen keyboard : /

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Young think its all Irans fault that America is spending crazy amounts of money sending warships and assets to the region.

Your thought process is scary mate.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That is a seriously mixed message you present.

You sound positively disappointed that the Iranians didn`t attack the U.S ships.

You should be grateful that cooler heads prevailed and there wasn`t any loss of life.

--------

Would you respect Ahmadinejad more if they had attacked ?

edit on 22-1-2012 by UmbraSumus because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by ooYODAoo

In civilized nations, that's true...We're talking about Iran.

Iran has a civilisation that spans back thousands of year. i doubt you come from somewhere with such a depth of culture

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So after we kill 5-6 million Iranians and dance around their corpses....who do you think will be next to slaughter?

We're not going to "war" with Iran. They have absolutely no Air Force, no Navy......we're going to slaughter them.

Holy Wars are kool!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by miniatus

You know, for all North Korea's posturing and threats, not to mention the fact that they actually do have nukes, they never garnered this sort of response. Anyone care to venture a guess as to the real agenda here? Hint: Nuclear Iran is not it.

A little hype always serves to gauge the mood of the population of a few countries re: escalation and intervention. This is the time to stand up and speak clearly for peace and against useless war. Who knows but that it might help another country see that it really stands alone in warmongering.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

They cried out for war when they started developing nuclear technology. Now they just might have what they want.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Magnificient because: Forgot to dot an I.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I'm not your mate, and Iran did cause it by threatening to close the waterway. The UN and NATO has a responsibility to keep that straight open. Your English is lacking something. There's online translators if you care to browse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join