It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Isn't it curious that they can find you mandatory full-time employment where you earn only the sum of your JSA/Unemployment benefit, yet these jobs are not available to those who want to earn a proper wage and become gainfully employed?

My biggest regret now is not getting back into work sooner after having my son. Any job I've applied for has completely dismissed me, I've been out of work too long, and no-one is willing to help me get back in.
Even the Jobcentre admits I'm better off on benefits by a couple of pounds a month than getting a part time job, but I want to earn some proper money so I can move and not live in a flat for the rest of my life...

Sorry, another edit: I was even refused a job because I scored too highly on an aptitude test for a well known insurance company. They don't want smart people who can understand what they're being told and able to help people manage their insurance policies, they want people who are drones who aren't smart enough to get bored while doing their jobs.
Act dumb, but dress well, and I'm sure those of us who need jobs will find them within a month. Don't ask too many questions and agree with everything they say. That's what they want.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

perhaps if we all do this it might make a difference ...but then again..

unemployed graduate sues government for forced work in poundland
A graduate made to work for her jobless benefits as a shelf stacker in Poundland is taking legal action against the Government under the Human Rights Act.
Cait Reilly, who studied geology at university, had been unable to find a job in her subject area and was claiming unemployment benefit while volunteering in a museum in the hope it would lead to a job in that sector.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's about time more people get shaken from the brain washing.
Thankfully more and more people seem to be waking up to the vitriolic trashing of the most vulnerable in society. Op needs to shout his experiences from the rooftops.
Personally I would contact the Guardian, it's readers aren't as vile and apathetic as the average Daily Mail reader.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Im making a facebook account and makign a page called Question the "truth" lets see how long this stays up. Please join it. it will be up within the hour. u2u me on here for an andmin position so you can post the questions/answers you want.

Ill be making it so we can invite political parties there, or post on their walls asking questions and post the outcome on our page. i hope this goes huge.

Thanks for this thread

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Good on you mate, we here in Australia are also seeing the same sort of thing.
I now have the opinion that it is all rather corrupt. The same fake adds and fake money making education schemes are running here.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Hello,

first off WOW!
Im in the UK also, i have job atm but my BF is struggling and we are really really struggling for cash. (i earn a decent wage too but it dosnt make a difference with all the bills and tax) For the type of work he does (mostly construction) he has too yet to get one of these CSCS cards that so many employers want.. looking at this now looks like a big waster of time and tax payers money
so thanks for the heads up!

hes had years in the construction industry which seems to count for nothing.

(next bit is a rant you can skip this lol)

< start rant >

i was only saying this morning how things have changed so much.. back in the days one wage coming into the house was enough to feed the family, pay for home and have extras... now one of us is out of a job and only have one wage we barely make it through.. (i dont own a house or a car either)
too many greedy men got to the top of ladders and decided they wanted more...i couldnt live with myself if i earned stupid money and there are starving children in the world.
I keep getting a general feeling that nobody is happy in the 21st cent world and they are trying to be... but "the system" isnt fair or working properly and nobody is doing anything about it..

< end of rant >

im not sure what we can do other than sit and complain..
stop paying taxes? - should imagine thats nto even possible without consiquences..
we should be able to stop paying taxes if it means we cant even eat ourselfs and not to mention that the "tax money" isnt beign spent well..

look forward to reading other replys in this thread.. we need somehthings to change. i wish i knew the answer.
p.s(sorry about my terrible grammer and spelling ect in work typing fast and angry lol)

good luck finding something i really hope you do
x

try stay happy xxx

edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Only a matter of time before this 'mandatory/voluntary' work scheme turns into National Service. Come on, it's a Conservative government. Cameron creams himself at the mention of getting the unemployed shot over oil. It's a good trade off for the warmongers.

I'm currently on New Enterprise Allowance. I had an idea for a business and began work on setting up a website, with zero experience. My mentor is not voluntary, as should be, he's being paid - and has helped not a damned bit. Just happy to collect his government funds. I'm one of the first on this scheme. Most DWP employees STILL DON'T KNOW that this scheme exists. In fact, there's not an advisor I've met where I didn't know more about the rules and regs than they did.

Here's a real kicker though. My local job centre had redundancies last year, but recently 3 new advisors and a new security guard are working there. NONE of these jobs were advertised through the job centre!! It seems DWP have no interest in hiring the unemployed so if they're not willing to how do they expect employers to look seriously. Which they don't. 1 year JSA + c. 300 applications + 2 letters in response + 1 (false) interviews = 1 very pissed off bitter angry jobseeker.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Isn't it curious that they can find you mandatory full-time employment where you earn only the sum of your JSA/Unemployment benefit, yet these jobs are not available to those who want to earn a proper wage and become gainfully employed?

I wonder what would happen if every person on this criminal work for benefits scheme were to down tools and not play the game?? Its time we all got organised!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

"The fat lady next door"
I dont know the history but I do know thats the view they try to project for ALL of us.
Could it be that she too has been down this road and has simply given up?

Your at work!!! Dont get caught on this weby they'll probably phone the police and say your a terrorist

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
we should all get together and hire a lawyer. get some answers.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

LOL! i just removed that small part ..slightly ranted a little. does really annoy me tho.. whats the message to me? give up work and have a couple of kids .. il be on the same money. :/

true tho althought i doubt it very much.. the fat lady next door CBA to put out her rubbish instead she just puts it in the fornt yard to look and smell nice for me as i come home.
x

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

There is a reason the lady is "fat" and it's not what you might think. As one travels down the earnings scale and begins the decline into poverty one of the first victims is diet. At the higher end one can afford fresh ingredients and daily shopping trips, the diet tends to be balanced and hence the individual is healthier. Now let's travel to the lower rungs of the scale, the almost criminal amount the unemployed are given weekly can barely keep them warm (leading to the saying, "Heat or eat") let alone afford them the luxury of fresh healthy food. They have to depend on food that can keep for weeks or even months (no daily shopping trips on benefits!) which inevitably leads to tinned vegetables, frozen foods and processed garbage. With energy costs at crippling levels they require food that can be prepared quickly to limit usage of expensive fuel (electricity and gas for cookers). The result is the diet is high in fats, salts and other nasties that aren't in the diet of the more affluent, at least not in such high amounts anyway. In a bizarre twist, as your income goes down your weight goes up. This is of course, up to a certain point of poverty.

Now I could have simply said, "She's fat because her diet is poor as a result of her poverty," but that doesn't make you think. Sometimes what you see with your eyes is not the whole picture.

OP, great post and I will be responding presently.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ive seen quite a few posts in this thread referring to 'Broken Britain' and the 'System' being broken !

I have to tell you that it is'nt 'broken' it's working exactly how they planned it !

When you realise this and it look's like many are then we may be half way to getting somewhere ?

Peace

Oh and another point 'THE SYSTEM' was the word the Romans gave to the way they dealt with they're bodily waste !
As in sewer..........sy'

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's like that here in Australia too, I recently moved interstate and back to my old job and as I was receiving "benefits" they said I had to go to a job agency etc, short story, when I missed the appointment I received a phone call which practically went like " hi, just reminding you that you had an appointment with us at 10 am today" I gleefully replied "sorry I've been flat out working all week and forgot, can you remove me from your list?"

I received a very short NO.. Basically they wanted me to give them all the info regarding who I work for etc, I know these agencies get bonuses and so forth, and I refused to give them any info do they took it upon them selves to go through my previous records and found my employer, they called my boss (who I'm friends with lol) and DEMANDED that he fill out paperwork which would say that they secured me the position, even though I had previously worked for this company.. My boss politely told this person that attempting to profiteer off any individual is wrong and that there moral compass is busted and to never again call him.

I did however previously go to one appointment, in which I was made to feel sub human and looked upon as a bottom feeder.. They didn't like my resume (cv) because it pointed out my qualifications exceeded there own, and I also got some lovely blank stares when I told them that there practices and people skills are draconian and bordering Orwellian, I even told one guy he would have a fair chance at winning a Darwin award, he seemed excited!

Tl;DR

The unemployed are merely meat for the grinder when it comes to filling quotas and gaining bonuses.

I apologize for any grammar errors lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've just this minute received a phone call from the job centre - they wish to arrange a home visit (because I've just changed addresses) - Any idea why they want to visit me at home?

I'm wondering if it's because i'm living with two other people in a house share - are they checking to see if i'm still entitled to my benefits?

Very odd.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

There is a reason the lady is "fat" and it's not what you might think. As one travels down the earnings scale and begins the decline into poverty one of the first victims is diet. At the higher end one can afford fresh ingredients and daily shopping trips, the diet tends to be balanced and hence the individual is healthier. Now let's travel to the lower rungs of the scale, the almost criminal amount the unemployed are given weekly can barely keep them warm (leading to the saying, "Heat or eat") let alone afford them the luxury of fresh healthy food. They have to depend on food that can keep for weeks or even months (no daily shopping trips on benefits!) which inevitably leads to tinned vegetables, frozen foods and processed garbage. With energy costs at crippling levels they require food that can be prepared quickly to limit usage of expensive fuel (electricity and gas for cookers). The result is the diet is high in fats, salts and other nasties that aren't in the diet of the more affluent, at least not in such high amounts anyway. In a bizarre twist, as your income goes down your weight goes up. This is of course, up to a certain point of poverty.

Now I could have simply said, "She's fat because her diet is poor as a result of her poverty," but that doesn't make you think. Sometimes what you see with your eyes is not the whole picture.

OP, great post and I will be responding presently.

Spot on m8y. Look at my avatar. But I didnt want this thread going of topic.

Please people DONT FORGET TO HIT THE FLAG BUTTON. We may be a small minority but we ARE growing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I would tell them nope! Go see them in business hours in there office, and I'd they insist on coming to your home I would advise them that you are going to record the visit for personal protection and privacy purposes.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
Ive seen quite a few posts in this thread referring to 'Broken Britain' and the 'System' being broken !

I have to tell you that it is'nt 'broken' it's working exactly how they planned it !

Well put. I wish people would understand how serious this is. I had realised this was happening nationwide but since starting this thread I now realise its global!!!
edit on 23-1-2012 by VoidHawk because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
I even told one guy he would have a fair chance at winning a Darwin award, he seemed excited!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I would advise them that you are going to record the visit for personal protection and privacy purposes.

Thats good advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join