It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

nice one Dude,

and to the OP, I feel you my brother in creation.

You know, you are not the only one suffering from such a #ed up system. Its the whole world.

So chin up dude, the world is full of # ups.

If you want the UK to get back to its root, first take out the #ing Queen and her Evil family. they are ones who have been eating away all your tax money for 100s of years and you know it.

moreover, the gov is just a face of the Queen to hide from you the people. So don't let them fool you.

try to look harder for work in different cities you may find somthing solid.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been unemployed for a year now, going to one of these scams on Friday, ohh these guys will help you get your C.V. in order (it already is) and help you search for work (that isn't there)

It'll be fun when I start grilling them on there success rate and how much they get for each person that's sent to them. The course is a little pointless for me as I'm working on go self-employed but a few things need to fall in place first so I still need to sign on. When I do sign-off I'll just tell them I won the lottery or something, see if this company still tries to get new employers details.

One more thing, to be far the staff at my local job centre they are actually nice people, they seem to understand how sh!t the job market is at the moment and some seem to be aware of the scams and false job adverts.

EDIT: I have always found it handy to be polite to the staff, never get angry and treat them like fellow humans.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Britman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi there, I have been lurking on here for some time,but following upon reading this forum post i decided to sign up in order to leave a message.
I am a male single parent to a 10yr old boy in the UK.I was made redundant around 18 months ago and have been running thru the meatgrinder that is the job seekers program ever since.....initially,because i have to go to and pick my son up from school every day i have been looking for part-time work.That will change in september when he goes to secondary school in september.
I had last monday,my first introduction meeting of the mandatory work scheme,in total there were about 16 of us attending (first thing i noticed was that it was all walks of life).We were given some paperwork to sign,mainly general details for the company database and consent forms of the appropriate use of this information.My back went up and alarm bells started to ring when i noticed that the company involved in this scheme is the G4 security company....the very same company that provides 'security' within the jobcentre itself......is this the same for others around the country?........continuing on...i was given finally a basic english language aptitude test,in which i was told "this is not an exam or a test,you won't be marked on"......yeah......right.......well if thats not the case....then why bother?.
Speaking from history.......the first thing that pol pot and hitler did to prevent rebellion was make the intelligent ones 'disappear'. now i'm not stating or trying to fearmonger,but if it was'nt for the fact that i lost my job,i would not have had the time to question and research or look at certain topics on the net and in books,let alone watch alternative news media.So is this more of a watered down scenario?......if you are inquisitive and intelligent enough to question the authority,would it not be better to have you back into work so your time is already spent doing the daily grind? thus making the intelligent ones 'disappear'.....i'm sure one would think twice about questioning the order of things once got back onto 'the ladder' too.

My next meeting is coming soon and i am going in with as Lt Riker would say "shields up,arm proton torpedoes!"
but fellow members in my position.....make it positive,this is an opportunity to gauge your group as a broad spectrum of the population,inform them,give them pause for thought on certain issues and put to rest certain myths or longheld beliefs about how things are supposed to be.....i mean hell,in short? make the establishment fund its own resistance,they have been doing it to the populace for years.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, you guys need to revolt. I thought it was just us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Keep EVERY scrap of paper they give you and hold them to it. especially the 'tailored to meet your needs' section. if you feel something isnt tailored to support or meet your needs and is even beneath you,say something.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Isn't it curious that they can find you mandatory full-time employment where you earn only the sum of your JSA/Unemployment benefit, yet these jobs are not available to those who want to earn a proper wage and become gainfully employed?

I wonder what would happen if every person on this criminal work for benefits scheme were to down tools and not play the game?? Its time we all got organised!!!

I agree 100% but were I on this scheme, dropping everything and boycotting would mean I'd be putting myself in a bad position while having a child to care for, as they would most likely stop all benefits. Talk about caught by the short and curlies!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

At some point people who are under stress and struggling are going to be losing their grip, so many people are right on the edge of what they can deal with.
I believe that in a short period of time there will be a number of unconnected events of people losing it and "Going postal" due to no longer being able to cope with the stress.
This stress is entirely artificial, and heaped on people by a system not fit for purpose.
Silent despair is becoming the english way for so many people, things need to start visibly getting better.
And yes the training centers are a massive con, remember the 15.000k pp payment to get people back to work under the labour government in the 90's, lasted about a year that did, massive fraud.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Good post VoidHawk..
you should send this to your MP and news papurs.
DONT use your name.

when I left work many years ago.
I did not GET a chance to find a job.
they put me on two goverment skeams.

you can guess the good it did me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow. This sounds very similiar to the merry go round that Australians have to endure when becoming unemployed.
The only difference is that our work for the dole scheme is restricted to non profit organisations at the moment rather than big corporations. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the big corps see $$$

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow. My condolences to the OP and others relating similar experiences in this thread. It must be extremely frustrating to be caught up in such an Orwellian nightmare.

I'm not familiar with the way unemployment and other government benefits work in the UK, but from what I read in this thread, it seems like "private companies" operate as intermediaries between the governmental department that supplies benefit funds and the citizens applying for the benefit...? Is that correct?

Where I live, there's tons of scamming and fraud associated with government benefits too. There isn't an intermediary system here; an application for a benefit goes directly to the government department in charge of managing that benefit fund, and the benefit payments go from that department directly to the beneficiary, etc. So the frauds and scams here are mostly perpetrated from the position of a beneficiary.
It seems to me that the same kinds of reprehensible people who scam the system here are also operating there in the UK...except there the scam artists have moved from the "beneficiary" position to the "administrative intermediary" position in the system. No surprise there; it puts them closer to the money, allows them to perpetrate fraud wholesale, and provides them a convenient cover as a "legitimate" 'private company.'
I'm only guessing of course, but I think it's a pretty good guess.

I wish I had advice to offer, or some kind of way to help out somehow, but I don't. I don't know enough about the way the system works over there, so I can offer no solutions.

I do want to make an observation however: Whenever I read or hear about stuff like this, it makes me wonder. On the one hand, people are generally distrustful of government, figuring its either full of elitists that lie to us about everything and are interested only in money and power, or full of willing pawns for corporate elitists that lie to us about everything and are interested only in money and power. And yet, on the other hand, those same people seem to expect a fair and effective system of various financial and medical benefits to emerge from that same government.

I don't get it.

So like I said, I can offer no solutions. All I can offer is my growing certainty that, when looking for solutions, "The Government" is the absolute 'effing last place to look. If it should ever appear that there is no other possible choice but to use the Government to solve a problem, then whatever plan the Government comes up with as a solution should, before being implemented on a national scale, be tested for at least six months in a small, designated area (preferably a residential area for government employees).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
protesting would never work without public support, it would be to easy for the protesters to be painted as lazy dole bums protesting at having to actually do a job or job hunt

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

I'm not familiar with the way unemployment and other government benefits work in the UK, but from what I read in this thread, it seems like "private companies" operate as intermediaries between the governmental department that supplies benefit funds and the citizens applying for the benefit...? Is that correct?

This is exactly what happens. Businesses are awarded a grant by the Government to take on unemployed people from the scheme, who are then set to work for a massive cut in wages. This isn't to be confused by those companies who are awarded to take on unemployed as fully paid employees, but these are still hard to come by.
Understandably, people aren't happy with earning so little. You could argue that they could find a normal job, but if it were that easy, people wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

On a slightly offside note, I heard something ridiculous on the radio the other day. The announcer was suggesting that kids who come straight from school and are expected to work straight away should look into running their own business. This is probably the stupidest advice I've ever heard.
At 16, most kids have no business experience. Adults more than twice their age are unable to keep their companies afloat, how is a teenager supposed to make that work?
Not to mention, most businesses need some kind of start up capital or a grant from a bank. With no money, and no previous work experience OR trade to sell, how are they supposed to set up their own business?
Sometimes I think those with cushty jobs within the BBC are living in a dream world.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm actually signing on just now, have been since December

I've been a self employed builder for 4 years, but the works dried up.

I've seen the other side of the coin I think, the people in the jobcentre are nice and helpful, can't complain about them at all.

Not once have I been asked to go and see any of these intermediary firms, hell they dont even look at my diary when i go sign on.

No problems at all

Although I can see that there is just no work out there at the moment so I'm in the process of putting together a business plan to get a loan from the bank to start another business that requires some capital to get off the ground. If that doesnt come through I'll be trying something else on my own to try and bring money in.

i've basically given up on finding employment with a firm, wages are too low, jobs are too menial. If I'm gonna be working for a pittance for a while, it will be on my terms, building for my future.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright

I've seen the other side of the coin I think, the people in the jobcentre are nice and helpful, can't complain about them at all.

Not once have I been asked to go and see any of these intermediary firms, hell they dont even look at my diary when i go sign on.

No problems at all

Although I can see that there is just no work out there at the moment so I'm in the process of putting together a business plan to get a loan from the bank to start another business that requires some capital to get off the ground. If that doesnt come through I'll be trying something else on my own to try and bring money in.

i've basically given up on finding employment with a firm, wages are too low, jobs are too menial. If I'm gonna be working for a pittance for a while, it will be on my terms, building for my future.

scratch that too menial sentance above, thats not really what i mean, i guess i just dont like jumping through a gazillion hoops during the application process etc to go flip burgers

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Excellent thread mate. It's absolutely disgusting and i'm glad more people are aware of how they are being treated by our government.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No problems at all

scratch that too menial sentance above, thats not really what i mean, i guess i just dont like jumping through a gazillion hoops during the application process etc to go flip burgers

I get where you're coming from. And menial is the right word. Not many people enjoy the thought of mindlessly working. We all want engaging and fantastic careers (well I do) but I think someone else said it. It's no longer about what you know, its about who you know. Which f#ks me right in the butt cuz I wanted to go to Uni and become a psychotherapist...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I dunno if menial is the right word though, it makes it sound like i'm looking down on these roles, theres nothing wrong with flipping burgers, or digging ditches, I've done labouring before, nothing wrong with it if your getting paid a wage your happy with.

It's all the bull# that company's want you to go through before offering a job that gets me, they want your life story, they wanna do all the competency based tests on you, they wanna do roleplays etc all so you can do an admin job earning 3p more than min wage.

ATS should have a board for jobhunting where people can post positions they need filled

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

No problems at all.

It seems that the games start when you're out of work for 6 months or so... maybe a year?
It seems at first they're all nice and sympathetic, then they start with the scams.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Finally finished reading through all of the thread....

I am in the same situation as many who have posted, I have been unemployed for 2 years and also held many agency jobs.

One thing I would like to add to this "scam", is that the job market is absoloutly saturated with agency jobs, in order to get into work where I live 90% of the jobs are through an agency, when you work for them you get less than other people in the same job not in the agency, due to the agency taking their cut.
My main gripe is the FACT that when your working for an agency you have NO workers rights, what has been fought for for over 100 years has been circumvented by work agencies, you can have a job one day and find out it's gone the next, this happened to me, I was working with Virgin Trains through an agency, it was the best job I've ever had and I came in on the monday at 6am only to find I had been sacked on the friday... the agency did not inform me or anything.

When your in a proper job, working for a company directly you have rights, they cannot fire you straight away with no warning etc, whilst this is not the case with agency jobs.

I would like to add I no longer apply for agency jobs, my original carreer was in the catering industry, I studied for 2 years at college and that work dried up about 3-4 years ago. I then went back to college, took evening classes which I had to pay for as I was over the age of 24, I retrained in IT... I have a diploma in systems support which quallifies me to work in a wide range of IT job roles. I originally thought I would be able to get work in this area easily, only I cannot get into an IT job even though I am more than qualified, why? because I do not have the relevent work experience, so I am trying to get into an office job and work my way into an IT role.

There are many people on here in the same situation and there is a major problem here that needs to be addressed. There is power in numbers, we all need to get organised and act as one... gain some publicity and support and make more people aware of this problem and make a change! We can change this, it just means we all need to get organised and work together to make a difference!
edit on 23-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by VoidHawk

So, to repeat what I wrote at the top. What do you think I should do about it. Where/whome should I write to cause as much fuss as possible?

Dont go to the government - Both labour/conservatives are self serving right wing socio-paths. They dont care about you, your life or any problems you may have. Its up to you - as an individual - to survive in the world they have moulded.

Dont go to the dole office - You are just a scrounger and therefore your thick, have no idea what your talking about and should be more concerned about getting a dead end job so you can continue to pay to live your dead end life.

Dont go to the papers, or any news retailer - The media is ran by the rich and tailored for middle-class people who believe that anyone who is working class is complete scum and deserve to jump through hoops and live in abject poverty until one day they've had enough of being poor and magically sort themselves out. Basicly, the media does not care about you either.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join