It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
OP I couldn't star and flag this enough!!!!!

It appears there is a conspiracy in Britain to get us all working full time for 'unemployment benefit!

This is my experience also in North West of England.

Also most of the few jobs advertised do not exist, I have phoned the companies to be told that the position was filled months ago but they must advertise so many vacancies per month! The NHS jobs are also going to agencies, any full time positions are being filled by current employees who are being moved around but the position must still be advertised. Even part time employment is impossible to find because so many workers are being forced on to part time from full time, this way more people are taken on (part time) and off the unemployment register.

I have tried talking to people about this but they do not believe me or when they see it for themselves they just say "it's the economy, we are all suffering"!!! What?

This is how much unemployment is worth to them

They can make thousands passing you around then get you into part time employment, or just keep you working full time on benefits!!

IT'S INSANE!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Only your grave. Mind you they'll probably want you to pay rent for that too.

Even that is not safe...

Spies in the coffin

www.youtube.com...

big brother clocking while the world turns,
spies in the coffin watching the worms

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
this thread seems to be moving faster than mine did last year, perhaps this is a thread who's time has come.

I hope so, people should be screaming this kind of fraud and conspiracy from the rooftops so to speak.

This is a massive scandal that has been ignored for years!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Also there was a thread I participated in recently in which this very topic came up.
I was saying that for all the "dole" (slave) labour they use and don't pay, other staff are put out of a job and then they just keep getting the job centre staff and using them.

The thread was about a girl at poundland and we were talking about how wrong it was for a company to make profit off of people and not pay the people.

This is a joke and is clearly becoming worse.

Making money from companies... putting people on meaningless courses...

:shk:

Seriously.

A joke.

ETA

This was the other thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They moved the woman from one voluntary job (in a museum) to another (in poundland) to make money for a private company.

It's BS man.
edit on 22/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I got my CSCS card slightly different from how you got it. I did my apprenticeship in plumbing and heating and completed in 09' also like to say I did it the proper way- not the ' 1 month Im a plumber gas man' courses you see! . The course lasted 2 years also worked with an engineer throughout the training...the college course involved lots of practical and also theory exams related to the trade. I passed my health and safety exam which was the first exam I took- got something like 98% ( NERRD)

That pass mark made me eligible for the CSCS card- I have the Blue card

In the 2 plus years I've had it I've never used it once! I've never applied for a job that requires it up to now.

Another thing I can relate to us the unemployment- lack of work in my sector, really pee ing me off...And theres no change in sight! Longest I've been on the dole for is a year from Dec 2010- around November 2011... near to the end of me cutting the benefits they passed my details home address home phone number on to a number of private companies one called Wise ability- Australian owned ! and another one.

Apparently they receive around £4000-5000 from the government only when they find you a job! - Well I've being looking -applying for everything for the last year or so- Nothing not even an interview.

They wanted me to do part-time cleaning jobs- I need full time though but they were pushing these jobs on me just to get the money from the government they didnt care where I ended up !

Anyway I ignored their invitation for another meeting and I've had cold calling from them every day for the last 2 months now. I told them I wasn't interested in their services and I know how to create a professional CV etc- but they arent getting the picture.

I've had enough of this country I can see it isn't getting any better, lucky I have relatives in ontario canada who said that my trade should get me work out there- so next job I get I'll be saving to move out there in a year or 2. Im only 27 with no commitments at all. Pretty lucky to be fair no debt either

So glad I got my trade though- visa should be easily acquired

OP your not alone mate! A lot of people are being screwed!

Luke
edit on 22-1-2012 by lukeUK because: extra info

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

the whole system borders on indentured slavery, most of those people stuck on the dole would starve without that money. The system takes advantage of people when they are vulnerable and desperate.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Quick question though, how do you know company #1 made £400 when you walked through the door?

One of their employee's told me on my last visit with them. This was confirmed by an adviser in the jobcenter.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OP, why don't you send your findings off to some newspapers or send it to groups like www.ukuncut.org.uk... This sort of thing needs to be exposed. Too many will just go with the flow and be exploited without a wimper. Only a few will stand up and make a fuss.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for that. I'll see what they have to say.
I've never realy been a complainer so information on who and where to send this is very welcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Sounds as if Common Purpose is behind it all.

You may find this site interesting -

www.boycottworkfare.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks to all who've posted, it helps to know we're not alone.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Op, that was a fantastic post.
You hit the nail right on the head, and its not just unemployment, its health care, education, defence.
Every single state run organisation that has served the people has been raided by politicians and forced to spend huge sums on private suppliers so that the mp's, their families and friends and paymasters can get richer off the tax payers.
This is why spending goes up while services go down. Cos the money is syphoned off all the time.

Good luck with everything and well done for a great post.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Thanks for that link, heading there now.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Yup.. internships are all the rage nowadays .. college kids fighting each other to be used and abused as a slave for the "experience"

Now it's college grads fighting each other for the same slave positions .. a new phenomenon as so many are graduating without job prospects.. employers are finding they don't even have to pay for college educated work anymore.

It will be years before the system regains any semblance of "normalcy"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Don't worry, in the time between jobs and after college that I've been unemployed since 2003, the Jobcentre and Pertemps as well as other agencies I joined and got work through (for a week before firing me and others to recruit Polish immigrants for cheaper pay) never helped at all.

Then of course because of the chancers who play the system, real people such as myself get branded as lazy scroungers by those lucky enough to be earning thousands every month and who use the minority of idiots to tar everyone with the same brush.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Found something intresting.......

According to The Times, "A4e is a business consultancy that offers “ to make millions from the unemployed by treating them as a commodity ” to private and public companies."[9] They are advised by David Blunkett.[10]

Wikipedia

And a bit on the owner.

Emma Harrison [1] CBE is a British entrepreneur. She is the chairman, owner and founder of A4e (Action for employment). A graduate engineer (BSc Eng), she has received honorary doctorates from the University of Derby and the University of Bradford.

Emma Harrison

Ex-goverment MPs making money with a company they delt with when in power.

now there that fishy smell again.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Just clicked the link in your post.
Insane!!!! is the only way to put it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Fishy AND rotten.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It was the worst thing the government did privatising the 'back to work' services, all that these companies are interested in is making money from the government not getting people back into work... I've attended one it's a weekly appointment that lasts about 20mins where they basically do as little as possible to make it look as if they are doing something... and then it's "sign here please" so that they can claim their money from the government.

Look up A4e if you want to see a success story (as in success of a private company to rob the government blind), the lady who set it up lives in a mansion now whilst it has been proven by statistics that their success rate is less than 10% and most of them probably found work themselves with A4e claiming all of the glory.

There is even a mention of their 'fraudulent activities' in their wiki page, they blamed this on a few bad eggs but I can assure you it's normal practice by these companies.
edit on 22-1-2012 by mc1km because: correction

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km

There is even a mention of their 'fraudulent activities' in their wiki page, they blamed this on a few bad eggs but I can assure you it's normal practice by these companies.
edit on 22-1-2012 by mc1km because: correction

While I never had to deal with a4e I can tell you from personal experience that several of there competitors are quite happy to commit fraud too! of course its the tax pay paying for this fraud, and the jobseeker suffering for it.
edit on 22-1-2012 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join