It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unemployment Corruption

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I know here in Oz that if they (gubment) visit your home and you claim you are single etc etc, and they find "evidence" of you being in a relationship you can lose your benefits, be prosecuted for fraud, and made to pay back money, or if you share a home with people that work and are deemed as "supporting you" you get the same treatment.

It's funny really, they say I'm allowed to earn a maximum of $800 a fortnight before my partners benefits are reduced. Yet if I earn more than $180 for the fortnight my benefits would be reduced from $426 to $230 lol. So it's either work an absolute minimum and get a minimum, or
Not work at all and get the maximum of $426. And even though I earn a lot now they still wanted me to report my earnings!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

1 Big scam from start to finish as all benefits are. We take 25 percent of your wages, if you then become unemployed you will have to come and grovel to us to pay you back some of your money. Makes perfect sense to me.

All these training things are also complete and utter bs.

I heard an ad the other day on the radio for security gaurds for the 2012 olympics , it stated "if you can think on your feet" and i thought , well if you can think on your feet, why would you do that job!. This is not to knock security gaurds, but on the whole i think most of us will agree that security gaurds like police officers GENERALLY fit a certain criteria.

Alot more people are starting to see through the illusion of government, this planet needs a big change , but 1 that is better for all human beings, not just the select few.

When are we all going to do something about it?

edit on 23-1-2012 by brommas because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

It's unfortunate and sad, that the mentality directed toward security as a profession be deemed lesser than any other occupation, granted some individuals believe they have "power" and let it go to there heads!

Would you believe I'm a security guard?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

shes fat because i see her stuff her face all the time and i can see her rubbish in the garden.. i cant afford luxarys such as ribena i had standard juice.. my quarrel was the fact i work to get the same if not less.. not because she is poor i am poor too FFS!

i never said nothing of the sort... look at you jumping on your high and mighty horse trying to give knowledge.... i was simply stating the fact that i work 5 days a week so she can afford BETTER food... she has M&S carry bags FFS!
edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

also just want to add that im skinny! so all this about "diet linking to poverty" is BS. i have never earned enough money for FRESH fruit and veg all the time i just dont stuff my face with 10 packets of crisps instead of 1 like everyone else

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I have to agree, Australia is now run by a bunch of slimy grubs, who are often in denial and or incompetent, its become so much like America it is sickening.

Employment has largely become a fraud and or some type of club membership. I had one of the slimy Centerlink employment agencies try the same trick on me, I told them to get stuffed.

You should file some type of breach of privacy case against them with your employers help, you already know they will deny but phone calls can be proved. These scum need to be stopped and truly I don't know how we can do it, I guess its by one hit at a time.

This once great land is now run by insurance companies, banks, shareholders and largely an incompetent and corrupt government all owned by someone else. I have a saying and that is land land every where but not a place to live, what a joke.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
reply to post by PW229

shes fat because i see her stuff her face all the time and i can see her rubbish in the garden.. i cant afford luxarys such as ribena i had standard juice.. my quarrel was the fact i work to get the same if not less.. not because she is poor i am poor too FFS!

i never said nothing of the sort... look at you jumping on your high and mighty horse trying to give knowledge.... i was simply stating the fact that i work 5 days a week so she can afford BETTER food... she has M&S carry bags FFS!

also just want to add that im skinny! so all this about "diet linking to poverty" is BS. i have never earned enough money for FRESH fruit and veg all the time i just dont stuff my face with 10 packets of crisps instead of 1 like everyone else
ha ha,what she said.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsend
This once great land is now run by insurance companies, banks, shareholders and largely an incompetent and corrupt government all owned by someone else.

That is the cause of more problems than I can count

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The same thing happened to me regards the demand for current employment details from one of the private companies called Wise ability, founded in your country which I think is just called WISE employment services.

I'm not on benefits now, but this did not stop them requiring details of employer - I didn't know why they required it. I asked they said ' we would like to up date your profile, Not sure what that profile contained because she even told me that they receive limited information from the jobcentre. She said we have your CV and that all up to date...They did not have it, I didn't give them it and neither did the Jobcente because I asked. Anyway they insisted on having the current employer details- I gave them details of a company I worked for long time ago just to try and get rid of them. But that didn't work-

Their websites even say they are professional cold callers- let me tell you know, I can definitely vouch for them on that claim! Constantly harassing me- I'd get 30 calls on some days from the same numbers- They get sneeky and use private mobile numbers :S

They stopped after a while, now another company as taken its place !

Doing my head in....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

I agree, unfortunately the privacy avenue is void because I had previously entered my employers details into my online form, as well earnings etc so they were able to cross reference the information, but you are right about the whole lot, when I went back to tassie I found I was "over qualified" for even mundane jobs! And because I think, and question most things I was deemed as HOSTILE!!!! I have just started my own business and being self employed is freedom enough for me, and hopefully soon I can give some jobs to people!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

I've been skinny all my life. In the past it didnt matter how much I ate I always remained at exactly eleven an a half stone. However!! Since being unemployed my weight has increased and as pw229 said, I have to consider whether to eat or heat. There is truth in what he says.
You mention crisps. I've notice that for many people they are ADDICTIVE. If you were susceptible to this addiction I think you would be doing the same as the lady next door.
I dont think he was getting at you for what you said, he was just showing you there are reasons why people end up like that lady. Her M&S shopping bags may be the only thing she's got left that allow her a little bit of dignity(if thats the right word) after all she lives lives next door to a woman with a figure she can only dream about.
Please dont get upset.

Originally posted by lukeUK
Constantly harassing me- I'd get 30 calls on some days from the same numbers- They get sneeky and use private mobile numbers :S
Doing my head in....

Your/Our phones and phone numbers are our own private property. Luckily I told them when I first signed on that I dont have a phone.
Thats a little bit of ammo should you have to sign on in the future.
edit on 23-1-2012 by VoidHawk because: edit

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

You need to find out who the director of this company is and take it home to him, at least then, they might then leave you alone they dont like it when you make it personal.

What they are doing is harassment, they are all about as low as used car salesmen. It is ashame that the ameba's run the world while real people get used, abused and screwed most every day.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Simplest solution is to change your mobile number, never give them your home phone, always use
An alternate email address, and like I said use an alternate
Mobile number.

I found that's te best way, I have completely dropped off the radar. It's great!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I've just this minute received a phone call from the job centre - they wish to arrange a home visit (because I've just changed addresses) - Any idea why they want to visit me at home?

I'm wondering if it's because i'm living with two other people in a house share - are they checking to see if i'm still entitled to my benefits?

Very odd.

Are you claiming child or disability benefits?
If not, there's no reason to visit you at home... they can get any spec of your house through council records etc.... in fact I'm not sure there's ANY reason they need to visit you at home?

That is odd indeed.
edit on 23/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Lets be honest, why should one have to change their identity, when this lot are grubs. It is so easy to take out an AVO these days.

I have seen slimy operators do this once they have ripped someone off, it makes it so much harder to get your money back, remember Aussie now runs the get in first system, so the corrupt lot who run it all, can circulate the cash amongst themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Good advice !
Never ever under any circumstances give your home or mobile number to any
government or government run departments EVER !
Why on the census form did they want my mobile number ?
No way Pedro !

Your phone numbers are for your friends and relatives ! Simples !

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Dear VoidHawk,

The system is rigged. Short story, wife cheated on me and we got divorced. The court garnished my wages to pay her alimony and I couldn't make my house payment. I spent two years trying to give the house back to the bank and they refused to take it. Turns out my loan was with the government (Fannie Mae) and the bank (CitiMortgage) was paid for processing the loan whether I paid or not. They got paid a few hundred dollars a month whether I paid the mortgage or not therefore there was no reason for the bank to take the house back and sell it when they could have made a profit. It was two years with no payments before the bank finally took the house back and sold it and it required all the effort to be on my part.

I do hope you see the similarities, the government pays companies to process loans or people, the money is not in helping them, it is in having them in limbo where the money is made. The longer you are in limbo, the more the companies are paid for "taking care" of you. By the way, unlike others, I had a fully documented loan and was more than capable of paying it prior to the divorce, the housing bubble had nothing to do with the loss of my house and I had a 30 year 4% fixed rate loan, in fact I bought prior to the bubble so I wasn't even upside down until the very end and I still would have been able to pay it if it were not for the divorce. I was the perfect candidate for them to take the house back immediately and resell it, without a loss for Fannie Mae.

If the companies were paid only for getting you a job rather than processing you and if companies were paid only for processing loans where there were payments being made then you would see more success; but, they are paid for doing nothing other than some lame classes or sending letters. Here is the punchline to my house, when they were finally forced to take it back (something called a deed in lieu - it means that they recognize that I cannot pay them and I voluntarily give them the house), they sent me a letter saying they were going to foreclose (go to court to get the house back). The difference is that by going to court they got paid even more. There was no need to go to court because I offered them the house. If I had wanted, I could still be in the house and not have paid a dime for another year, the loan processor would have preferred it and made even more money while the government (Fannie Mae) would be paying the company for nothing.

Sorry for your problem, I have been unemployed in the past and it is unpleasant. My prayers go out to you that you find a good job. If you do, it wont be because these companies were paid to help you, it will be because you did it on your own. I didn't understand "tickets" and some of what you wrote; but, I got the idea of what it meant, hoops to jump through to prove you can do your job. Anyways, got to take my dog to the doctor, peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The way it seems to me is that the UK deliberately made JobSeekers Benefit (+ everything else that comes with it) so good compared to the minimum wage, with a view to eventually saying "Oh well, you unemployed people are being paid more than the workers in McDonalds, so we need to get you working in return for the benefit"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

lol..actually made me lol.

i only called her fat though and got ranted about how people with low income tend to be fatter? its not alwasys true and some poeople need educating that its definetly not the case... i have always had a low income.. i watch my figure. Im not a greedy person either so il stop after a second bag of crisps.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In the process of doing all these things. My mobile number has been changed.

They have our home number which is X -direct anyway Its not my number its my parents, Which makes it even worse. We considered barring the numbers- but like I said before they use mobiles- and other land line numbers, must have multiple lines.

That won't work so we will have to change the number we've had since having a phone line.
Also Im getting 2 letters a week from them

The latest these guys have been phoning recently is 7pm at night.

I get the feeling when I answered them and asked them to stop, they kept talking crap ' you have to attend' I have to give details' etc...It gotten to the point now that I think they are phoning just for the fun of it.

Luke
edit on 23-1-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Do my favourite trick when getting unwanted calls ?
Answer the phone then open draw, put phone in draw, close draw !

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join