It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You heard of SOPA and PIPA.Now ACTA! Must read.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So I decided to make a thread about this whole new ACTA thing...It might sound good but I tell you something. It is not.

So to explain what ACTA is-

ACTA - The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement is a proposed plurilateral agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards on intellectual property rights enforcement in Europe.
ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that would create its "own governing body outside existing international institutions" such as - the World Trade Organization (WTO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) or the United Nations.
An open letter signed by many organizations, including Consumers International, EDRi (27 European civil rights and privacy NGOs), the Free Software Foundation (FSF), the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), ASIC (French trade association for web 2.0 companies), and the Free Knowledge Institute (FKI), states that "the current draft of ACTA would profoundly restrict the fundamental rights and freedoms of European citizens, most notably the freedom of expression and communication privacy."

The following video should explain more.
But before I post it I would like to ask you. How would you feel if I could not provide a source of my information, because of copyright..All you would have got is 'this website is blocked' or' this video does not work in this country'. Now that would be dreadful. I would be sent to prison for sharing information.
As the video explains this counterfeit system is not exactly the best.

This is the following video-

Furthermore, before I finish this thread.
I think it’s the time to end this. Companies are going crazy and mad with power. When I say companies. Yes I consider most of the modern governments run by corporations and others. They require this because they are scare of our freedom to enjoy videos and other things. Please watch the video and do share it along with others. It is important just like SOPA itself.

I want freedom and so do you.

It’s time to change this.

It’s time to ACTAgainst it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You know, I've been rather irritable about how much time Congress and the President have been playing Golf and vacationing for the last 3 years. However, I'm starting to think they can ALL just go on an extended vacation at Tax Payers expense right through Nov and we'd all be a very grateful nation for it.

I thought SOPA and PIPA were about the limit of the immediate threats along these lines. Just how many versions of the same general concept are they running right now, along different tracks?? I'm starting to feel like we're under siege by this garbage.

They can keep their filthy, corrupt paws off our internet! If anything on Earth can be said to belong to the people, this is that thing!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I feel exacly the same way.I have a feeling we will be running letters and sending pigeon texts soon to keep share information.
It is ashame what goverment is trying to do.Well I hope annon is going to sort this out just like they are currently doing with hacking the websites and so on.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When they take your internet, and your free speech
Its time to end this bull#.

The global elite have overstepped their bounds for the last 150+ years. We are good slaves.
And we will just accept this censoring of the internet,
Because we feel powerless to do anything.

And we are! The problem lies outside of politics! The government is bought and paid for! The corporatocracy is in control, the elites are in control. I wonder how much buddy got paid to draft this bill. Probably a nice hefty sum of money. I wonder how far they can push before the whole of the world wakeup to them. And realize "This isn't the way thing are supposed to be", There will be no peaceful resolution. It will come down to how many people are aware enough to fight the coming war.
edit on 22/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Yeah, sometimes i feel like we are rats tested in a lab.To see what we can do,like or dislike.We have no option to speak up and say something because we are no one. It is time to change this. But at the moment people are not taking it serious.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
@house of white

what part of 'not if hell froze over and pig flew on the same day' do you not understand?

a concerned citizen of your special friends allied country (england..)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms

Yeah, sometimes i feel like we are rats tested in a lab.To see what we can do,like or dislike.We have no option to speak up and say something because we are no one. It is time to change this. But at the moment people are not taking it serious.

Its frustrating to me, Im not even American. (Canadian),
But im worried for the entire world at this point. The truth is, the sorry state of some countries is completely due to our corporatocracy, We live a decent life here in the west at the expense of many other countries. A good slave is one who thinks he is free. We are not free. Far from it. Most of us have mental shackles keeping us in the system, we HAVE to be in it. There is no other option other than completely off grid. What is the point in going off grid when there's nowhere to run to get away from the bull#.

Like rats trapped in a maze. i hope they just do something stupid. I really hope they are stupid enough to expose themselves, even though they have, and people don't care. the bailouts are the perfect example. I would be snapping hardcore. But you know, its perfectly fine, none of the bad stuff happens here.

They want to inhibit your free speech, they want to throw the free thinkers in jail as 'terrorists', the internet and the free thinkers are the last line of defense against the global elite. I'm hoping for some exterior forces at play, helping us overcome these evils. I doubt it. We have to change ourselves. We have to change the world. Sadly 'we' is mostly still dumb and unaware of whats going on, completely engulfed in the belief that government matters, when it does not. All of the power lies outside of government, as i've said. The government and everything associated with it is bought and paid for. The federal reserve is one problem in a myriad of problems. Just know that all your countries debt is mostly compound interest (theft) to a private institution that bails out all their friends (that don't need them).

If they start pushing at the internet, the internet is going to push back. The internet is a giant global community. And therefor, can be called to the battle when their rights are threatened. Just look at the blackouts, look at Anonymous, people are flocking to them in HERDS now. I bet Anon is just daring the united states to shut down the internet, because if they do. There will be millions of unhappy people. "Oh we're doing it to protect you" LOL! funniest thing i've ever heard.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Orwell 1984 2.0 ..there I did it and now I am on their list somewhere somehow .....Who thinks this stuff up anyway ...peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I bet Anon is just daring the united states to shut down the internet, because if they do. There will be millions of unhappy people. "Oh we're doing it to protect you" LOL! funniest thing i've ever heard.

Yeah,I think we better get ready for internet war.Better put on our foil hats and so on

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Special interest groups thik this stuff up.

Obviously, government are more interested in pleasing special interest groups than solving problems.

I know preaching to the choir, most of us are here because we have some knowledge of this and know the ways in which government actually use these kinds of laws.

Well I think that perhas in the future we will all have to move to the deepweb for information, that is not censored by governments.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I don't think this one matters as much as sopa and pipa for americans...having read closely

ACTA - The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement is a proposed plurilateral agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards on intellectual property rights enforcement in Europe.

-_- someone wants the public distracted much. this whole thing is stupid anyway, if they ban the internet 5 million people will turn to ham radio, ignoring frequency regulations. and who can blame them.

ed: exactly its 1984, someone nuke my exact location cause I just won't **** do it.
edit on 22/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Special interest groups thik this stuff up.

Obviously, government are more interested in pleasing special interest groups than solving problems.

I know preaching to the choir, most of us are here because we have some knowledge of this and know the ways in which government actually use these kinds of laws.

Well I think that perhas in the future we will all have to move to the deepweb for information, that is not censored by governments.

Thats my plan anyways, going underground. Screw this clearweb crap full of lies and bull#, there's lots of stuff on the clearweb, but even more in the deep. More information about the global elite, and lots of stuff that we couldn't even imagine.

Special interest groups need to die. Who are the people complaining about money right now. Is it the musicians or the actors in question? or is it the people who actually take a hit from downloads, aka, the RIAA, MDAA (i think?), Lol. They are the ones losing revenue, not the actors/artists etc.

They already made their dues. The RIAA/MDAA only rob money from the entertainment industry, thats kind of the point. Here is how i rationalize it for myself.

I downloaded a copy of AVATAR
Avatar is the top grossing movie of all time, pulling in over 2 billion in the box office.
They does not include merch, dvds, blu ray, etc.
The way i see it, they dont need my 30 bucks. And i've already paid to watch the movie in theatres. Meaning i already paid for the right to watch the movie as many times as i so please (it was decently priced to watch in 3d as well, i think it was 30 dollars or more). Call me a thief, i dont care. We are robbed on a daily basis from the global elite, i can steal back tyvm.

Note: Sorry i kinda rant on about this sometimes, makes me less insane in real life.
edit on 22/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I have a idea for a savior ..hear me out and consider what might just work . The KJ bible has within the body of text a structure un seen with the eye that when run threw a series of computation that contains so much information that staggers the human mind ...I watched Chuck Missler explain this code ...Hepatic structure from outside our time domain that contains more information than what is written with words ...The KJ bible is not and cannot be copyrighted ...I think that a few smart people could use the data to produce any information one would care to communicate ...I know this sounds wayt out there ,and it is . Way above all principalities and power ,right to the throne of God ....just my 2 cents ...peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Apparently a lot of this is being done by secret trade agreements. One meeting was held in S Korea in total behind closed doors meetings. This isn't a US problem this is a UN problem. The elites and NWO crowd know they are losing the information battle and being set back if not totally losing control. They will shut down the communications at all cost. They know they have lost the power of their propaganda tools like the MSM. Documents are being uncovered and exposed. They created the net to spy, track and control the people. However we have been watching them to. It has been astounding the amount of information that has been acquired and spread in such a short time. Now is the time to put the pressure on.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Nobody ever will take this seriously until its too late. They are all too happy living their ignorant lives of slavery. They are fed, they are distracted. They don't care about the corporations and banks who are robbing us blind, they don't care about the politicians who lied to us to get elected then sold us all out to the highest bidder. Its basically tough crap now. They ignore those of us who are trying to warn them, so personally I believe they fully deserve it.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Yeah I know how you feel,I feel exacly the same.
But I do not see the reason people like us must suffer for the sake of people who are blinded by the government..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Time for a big a$$ Solar storm to wipe out every bit of electricity for years

To hell with all your laws then and your SOPA and PIPA and ACTA. The only thing left for them is then BEGA, because they'll be begging for a piece of bread
edit on 22-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Yeah I suppose that would be good.An emp that is created by the working man.
Its all to be seen in the future when the internet war starts.
It is going to get messy I assume.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's the internet remember? so technically it'll get "VIRTUALLY Messy",

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Time for a big a$$ Solar storm to wipe out every bit of electricity for years

To hell with all your laws then and your SOPA and PIPA and ACTA. The only thing left for them is then BEGA, because they'll be begging for a piece of bread
edit on 22-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

Hellas- quite an interesting point. I've read that is precisely what will happen with this 2012 craze. John Titor used to talk about how in the future our way of living will be much different and much more community oriented, perhaps this could be due to a catastrophic event like this happening??

But anyhow, David Icke has been talking about how the elite pushes this legislation with no remorse, simultaneously in seperate countries, as if we won't notice. The USA pushes SOPA and PIPA at the same time Europe pushes ACTA? C'mon, this aint a coincidence. It's an orchestrated totalitarian tiptoe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join