It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Military Hardware (Tanks etc.) train transported in Santa Cruz today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I just got a link to this in me email. Apparently it was taken today in Watsonville, south of Santa Cruz going south.

I realize our armed forces move a lot of things around ,like the national guard etc., but I was wondering if any of our Military members might have a clue of what this movement was for? It is certainly a lot of hardware from tanks plus. This is a pretty long train load to say the least considering he didnt start filming right away either.

I can't embed the video because it is on a facebook page so all I can do it provide a link.

Any ideas???

Just thought I would post it up, just in case.... well whatever. Hopefully a member knows were it is going or who is shipping it or yada yada.

Train Transporting Heavy Military Equipment

Im trying to see if they uploaded it to youtube as well so I can embed it here, but no luck so far. Hope you folks can see it.

I can say the tanks and vehicles are in camo colors (green) and not desert colors.
edit on 20/1/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
WOW, talk about some heavy artillery. Maybe that what was going on at 5AM this morning. with the noise and all. It seemed to go on forever. You need to jack the sound up real loud to hear the noise.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That is a jaw-droppingly large number of tanks. Must see video to comprehend.

Enough to enforce martial law in most any state or FEMA region.

edit on 1/20/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: added dramatic hyberbole

edit on 1/20/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: added video link

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OMG there loads of them where was the train going do you now

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was in Bluefield, West Virginia once (skip it) and on the train tracks must have been a mile long of nothing but Humvees. This was back in the summer of 2007. The color was tan so I think it is safe to assume they were going to the middle east.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

For a second there I thought you found the video I was trying to post. Do you live near there and that is what you heard? My video is showing daylight, so maybe they passed you through the night?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Those are bradley IFVs. Traditionally painted with sand camo..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Yeah Im hoping folks can see this, though Im sure some wont be able too without fb accounts. I dont know for sure. I can't even begin to guess how long that train is though. That IS a LOT of HARDWARE no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
its cheaper to do a job by the job lot so i'd imagine that they needed an upgrade or something on them so they decided to get it all done in one go and given that they probably drink about a gallon of fuel a mile at best its probably good value for money to ship them around in large quantities

link   
Look at the camouflage pattern, doesn't look like Iranian sand, more like rain forest or Afghan

link   

Originally posted by zanysami
Those are bradley IFVs. Traditionally painted with sand camo..

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder why they aren't painted sand camo anymore? Moving on to a different place with a need for different camo?

link   
Well, use to be a tanker in the army and this is at least a company size movement. I would speculate that if they are going south in Cali that they are being pre-positioned for Mr Hugo Chaves in case we attack Iran and he attempts a counter attack from the south in retaliation. Just a thought.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Either that or perhaps heading south to San Diego? Isnt that were the navy base is? To perhaps be shipped out?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dont want to steal but I am going to record and upload on youtube so it can be embedded here for those that cant see....

That looks pretty scary, like a few for each state? Sure hope not....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Thanks, that would be great as I know many wont be able to see it as it is now.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Dont want to steal but I am going to record and upload on youtube so it can be embedded here for those that cant see....

That looks pretty scary, like a few for each state? Sure hope not....

Already did, see third post. Great minds...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They all appear to be lacking cannons. I have no idea what that means.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I see things like this from time to time because I live smack dab in between Fort Hood, Texas and Fort Sill Oklahoma.

I have seen many military truck and humvee convoys making there way down the highway. I've seen military equipment being moved by train as well.

They have to get these things from base to base some how.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. If they were planning to implement martial law ( As one poster was seeming to suggest) they probably would not be preparing for it in such an open way.

It seems that they have nothing to hide with these tanks...Or is that what they want us to think?

Nah, it's just a cool show. Enjoy the rare glimpse at some of our Military's finest weapons.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by Manhater

For a second there I thought you found the video I was trying to post. Do you live near there and that is what you heard? My video is showing daylight, so maybe they passed you through the night?

I'm NC, so maybe they passed through. Who knows. I just know that sound lasted a good 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Not sure if it was from that, or another exercise.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

lol I read your post earlier, you must have popped that in later, Thanks! That is why I love ATS, we can be so on the ball when we want to be

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join