It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Get Rid of Relatives You Don't Like!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
An unfortunate fact of life is that orphans grow up wishing for a family, while the rest of us grow up hating some of our relatives. The fact is that everyone has relatives, probably mostly distant that they hate, and yet they spend most of their time being nice to them. For these unfortunate souls I have a solution, be horrible to the relatives that you hate. I have done this and have rid myself of lost of awful relatives. I have thus solved a social problem. Act like an arsehole to people you don't like and they will go away, simple as this seems, it is beyond comprehension of lots of other poor souls. BE AN ARSEHOLE TO RELATIVES YOU HATE AND THEY WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE!!!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Gazrok because: edited all caps

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Theres a wise old expression , I dont know where it came from, but its bang on.

`You can choose your freinds, but you can`t choose your family`

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
An unfortunate fact of life is that orphans grow up wishing for a family, while the rest of us grow up hating some of our relatives. The fact is that everyone has relatives, probably mostly distant that they hate, and yet they spend most of their time being nice to them. For these unfortunate souls I have a solution, be horrible to the relatives that you hate. I have done this and have rid myself of lost of awful relatives. I have thus solved a social problem. Act like an arsehole to people you don't like and they will go away, simple as this seems, it is beyond comprehension of lots of other poor souls. BE AN ARSEHOLE TO RELATIVES YOU HATE AND THEY WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE!!!!

Or just be nice when you're around them, but ignore them as much as possible other times.
Live your life. Leave them to theirs.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Damn, I was hoping for some useful info on getting rid of an ex-wife

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

Or just be nice when you're around them, but ignore them as much as possible other times.
Live your life. Leave them to theirs.

hahaha
in my experience
these relative/s know you hate them
but will continue to be there like an itch you cant scratch
its wen you snap they then bugger off....for a while lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Then they may like you and there leads the road to forced friendship: where only 1 party wants to be friends but the other feels forced to be appear friends anyway. I think it is a wonderful solution: being horrible to them; I don't want to be a sycophantic baby kissing political type. Somewhere along the line politeness took away the right to be an arsehole to people you don't like: especially relatives.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
gonna give you a star for making me laugh - such a truism you stated though not exactly turn the other cheek or love thy neighbour blah blah which we can be indoctrinated with sometimes.

Seriously though we put up with each other relative wise out of some misguided family loyalty - blood is thicker than water cliche springs to mind - though in my experience it rarely is.

So, how many exactly have you kept at arms length by this method ?

(p.s. I actually thought your punch - line given the forum it's in might be 'just eat them when the shtf!)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Damn, I was hoping for some useful info on getting rid of an ex-wife

Thats gold.

Hope it works out for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Excellent advice. Don't expect any of them to mention you in their wills though.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have managed to keep practically all relatives at bay by this method.
Anyone want to test if blood is thicker than water with relatives. It's probably true I have some pretty thick relatives.I think the world would be a better place if people were honest to each other.
MANIFESTO FOR A BETTER WORLD
1. Be horrible to people you hate.
2.tell people you are attracted to that you would shag them OPTION1 IF SLIGHTLY DRUNK, OPTION IF SOBER.
(irrespective of who they are.)

edit on 20-1-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You got my attention with the ALL CAPS yelling in your title..To bad that just plain honesty as in "I don't like you and I don't like associating with you" would solve. Who cares about truth or honesty or manners and decorum, why not solve it with some hate??

Wrong..how about don't go to places you "hate" and associate with people you "hate" instead of spreading more "hate"??

This tactic of being mean and hateful to others is now the norm..even around here..I'm sure you won't like my response..but I opted for honesty instead of "hate"

Cheers Coco

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As the black sheep weirdo of an otherwise chavy thick large family, I've never really had much problem avoiding them since my dear old grandad died.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
II have a sister who constantly tries to belittle me. Personally, I think that she is just jealous. I use to respond calmly to het insults with even more biting ones in return. Example:

While the presence of other family members she would say things like, “I see you’ve gained weight and are getting grey hair, I never have to dye my hair.”

My response was, “I may have gained weight, but you’re ugly. I can lose weight, you can’t fix ugly.”

I finally realized that I was responding wrong.

Now I just look at her, roll my eyes and say, “Whatever.” And walk away.

I know that pisses her off more than anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Did you ever happen to think that, by following your own advice, YOU are becoming the relative that all the other relatives can't stand?

Just because you can't stand one relative doesn't mean that other relatives who you do like aren't friendly with that relative. Burning bridges with the ones you don't like may end up burning bridges with the rest, once they find out how you treat your own flesh and blood.

Learning to tolerate even your most annoying relatives is a course in patience that we all need to learn to get along with the rest of humanity. Imagine if everybody just gave up on the ones who annoy them; what kind of world would that be?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Completely agree.

....be horrible to the relatives that you hate.

Act like an arsehole to people you don't like and they will go away, simple as this seems, it is beyond comprehension of lots of other poor souls.
Speaking in general terms: A much better method would be to just be yourself, and be honest.

I wouldn't actually use those exact words though, if I am talking directly to you 's12345'. Based on your proposed "solution" in this OP, it is obvious that you being yourself, is the exact same as you being an asshole.

Try honesty. It really can exist, if you allow it to do so.

link   
Why live your life the way other people want you to. The most important thing to remember is that it is your life not the other people who would rather you behaved differently.You only go round once.

link   
Or you could do as I did -
move away from them and
don't give them your address
or phone number. By the
time they take the long route
to hunt you down they will
be mad at you - so be it

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't see what is wrong with being an arsehole to people you don't like. Is it better to be an arsehole to people you do like.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Some relatives are just toxic by nature. The best you can do to protect yourself and your family from them, is to go no contact with them. Have nothing to do with them. If the only way you can keep a relationship with a toxic family member is to walk on eggshells, and cave into their every whim, whether it makes sense or not, then go ahead and live your life in chaos.

Because that is what toxic people love...chaos to feed on. The will go out of their way to pit family member against family member just to keep the pot stirred. It doesn't matter if it's true or not...they'll create it out of thin air to keep themselves as the center of attention, and in control.

I cut off the toxic family in my life...it's the best decision I ever made. It was like taking a long hot bath after spending years wallowing in a crap pit.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I don't see what is wrong with being an arsehole to people you don't like. Is it better to be an arsehole to people you do like.

The solution is extremely simple: It is better to just be yourself.

Are you openly admitting that you are an asshole?
That is just who you are?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join