It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethiopians call on US Jews to fight racism in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

"American Jews have the power to put pressure on gov't here, help us to change situation,” social equality organization head says.

After two mass anti-racism rallies, a hearing in the Knesset and an intensive media-awareness campaign, young Ethiopian-Israelis are turning their focus to Diaspora Jews in the hope that those who helped facilitate their aliya will now also help in the fight against racism here.

“We believe that American Jews have the power to put pressure on the government here and help us to change the situation,” Gadi Yevarkan, director of the Center for Social Equality for the Ethiopian Jews, told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday.

Link

Israeli society is tainted by racism

Well after this week news about French parliament report accuses Israel of water 'apartheid' in West Bank
I guess it's not just "water" apartheid going on there

edit on 19-1-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think the U.S. has about helped all we're ever going to in Africa on behalf of Ethiopia. Anyone else recall 'We are the world' and all that nonsense? I swear I still know that song word for word and image for image on the video..by how many times my class in school had to rehearse and perform it.

No offense to other nations...but we aren't the 911, 411 OR 0 for operator when things go wrong anymore. We're broke. Go solve your own problems for a change, Africa. It'd be a first in modern times...but hey, it has to start somewhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Seems like Gods Chosen People are a little picky.
I always was told, by members here, that Judaism was a religion, not a Race.

I'm confused now, seems these Jewish people aren't the right Race.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Go solve your own problems for a change, Africa.

I don't think you get it... it's not about Africa, it's about people of "Ethiopian" origin Living in Israel.
Ethiopian Jews victim of racism Israel, in the Middle-East, not Africa.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Go solve your own problems for a change, Africa.

I don't think you get it... it's not about Africa, it's about people of "Ethiopian" origin Living in Israel.
Ethiopian Jews victim of racism Israel, in the Middle-East, not Africa.

Oh I got it 100%. The Ethiopians are whining because Israel isn't being nice to them...and they want Uncle to come spank Tel Aviv for them. Well.. Shucks.. We're all out of time, interest and money. They can fight their own battles when they learn to get along with each other just a LITTLE better. Ethiopia is expanding into peacekeeping with U.S. support and has been for years, as it is. The LAST thing we need is to be drawn into a fight against Israel in even a passing diplomatic way over THIS. If they don't like living there, MOVE! Israel is happy to move Jews into the nation...but they don't force anyone to stay.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't see why they should expect the US to be helping at all. You may have possibly seen these "comedy"
skits put out by a group in Israel called Latma.

(you'll want to skip forward to 5:51 for the relevant bit, it seems I am unable to apply the youtube timestamp here in ATS)

Racism at its finest. I wonder who funds these people?

...ohwait, it is the Washington-based think-tank and advocacy group, the Center for Security Policy. Never mind!
edit on 20-1-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I thought that Jews were 'Gods chosen people'. There must have been a 'white only' clause in there that was missed.

This is shocking! Blatent racism that we know has been happening towards Israeli arabs for a long time and now see the same tactics being used towards other Jews!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Not going to happen.. Israel and US are the same nation under different flags....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I thought that Jews were 'Gods chosen people'. There must have been a 'white only' clause in there that was missed.

Funny that.. Jesus was a black man.. Looks like he will be missing his own party....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yeah exactly

So to be chosen by YWYH you have to be Jewish of Russian, European or American descent and be white.

If this is what their 'God' thinks i'd rather be a Satan worshipper any day

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
in order to help their cause i would have to be labeled as a jew that they accept and since they dont accept black jews in israel i doubt they would accept help from a black american.

that video was highly racist; it would be a crime in a white mans world for a group of black people to try and come together and make a video like that for their religious faith.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Israel set to deport 2,000 Ivory Coast asylum-seekers

It's not only "Ethiopian Jews" who are not welcome in Israel...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ethiopian Jews find inspiration in MLK, Malcolm X

Thousands of members of the small Ethiopian-Israeli community demonstrated yesterday in Jerusalem against racism and discrimination. This was the last rally in a wave of protest that erupted after religious homeowners in Kiryat Malakhi, a town south of Tel Aviv, announced in a public letter that they will refuse to rent their apartment to Ethiopians.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Israel set to deport 2,000 Ivory Coast asylum-seekers

It's not only "Ethiopian Jews" who are not welcome in Israel...

Now if only the U.S. Immigration authorities would follow that lead and start deporting the HORDES of people than come to the U.S. seeking asylum from all over the planet. Yikes... a nation doesn't just let everyone on Earth barge in and trash the place..and people are pissed. I don't get it. When did nation's lose the right to handle their own immigration affairs as they see fit for dealing with people who would live there after coming from ELSEWHERE?

There is *NO RIGHT* in existence, anywhere on Earth that says you can live wherever someone pleases....and so, tough if the nation some choose to push their way into really decides it wasn't such a hot idea to have them there in the first place. Time to go home, perhaps.....smartly, as the British would say.

Oh well.... The world is a chaotic place like never before...this is more background noise to show how chaotic.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

There is *NO RIGHT* in existence, anywhere on Earth that says you can live wherever someone pleases....

Jews, whatever their country of origin can immigrant to Israel under the Law of Return and are then immediately entitled to citizenship.

Right of aliyah** 1. Every Jew has the right to come to this country as an oleh.**

source

edit on 20-1-2012 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join