It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It is a shame that so many people are prepared to write off understanding of Genesis , the original and genuine text which is full of insight about man's beginnings here on earth.

What the Ex-Vatican person elucidates for us by his re-translation is given depth by its mirroring our initial or conventional concepts , an understanding exists which is far less basic than people think.

Having studied variable translations comparitively myself , then specifically what he highlights in vid1 about Elohim being of plural aspect , IS actually reasonably clearly translated in plural where 'God'? says ,

"Let US make man in OUR image / likeness" .

It has always bothered me that in 3 years studying Christian Theology I couldnt get a teacher , minister or adherent of any biblical denomination to explain to me exactly why , there is a plural there in Genesis which sticks out like a sore thumb , without repetition or further literal explanation .

I mean , not even Jesus has some recorded words which might explain it : who are the 'we' that created 'us' and 'them' , in this (very well known) quote ?

In Quranic studies , 'We' is used liberally in the quran, no hiding it . I was again met with 'no answer' response
to the question , "who are this 'we' ? "

By clear clear statements then , in bible and quran we (mankind) were created and sustained by 'being_S' in a very plural sense . There are no good answers in mankinds conventional theologies , the plural factor , 'the elevated/shining ones' as someone else put it , are the proverbial elephants in the room here .
I dont find there is a problem with me speaking of 'them' because 'they' promise (by clear written warning aka the texts) to protect the innocent and to put evil men to disaster and hell. However , maybe those who ought to know better than behave as they do , have a problem with clarification about the 'angels' , if that is what they are .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by SaturnFX

did he suggest space smells like burnt meat?
___
nevermind, started 4 and he explains (sort of) the smell in a pod. ok..no barbecue space smell...pity really, space would make me hungry.

According to the astronauts, the Moon smells like spent gunpowder, if you can imagine that. Not burnt meat, but not a particularly pleasant smell, either.

Excuse me? The Moon? How can they smell the Moon? They are breathing canned air?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Moondust would get on the suits and cling to the boots. They smelled it and said it was similar to gunpowder.
edit on 20-1-2012 by DarkSideOfTheSpoon because: sp

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raffaella

i am what i am! ha ha ha!
does anyone else know what the tetrsgrammaton is? (my typing is really bad!)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

This is exactly what the bible is, or at least genesis. It's the Sumerian tablets, after about 3000 years of telephone game. For me the clincher is the story of Noah, except 3000 years earlier, and with all the names changed.

Originally written by Sumerians, who were told about it by their gods who walked among them, ruled them, and they were in fear of. I think it's safe to assume they weren't really gods, only people with superior technology that came from the sky.

I for one believe there's more truth in what this guy is saying than fiction. It doesn't mean there's no god. It just means that these guys weren't him, or her.

Exactly.
And what is surprising is that many findings of Biglino in the Bible are coincident with the story of the Anunnaki you find in the Sumerian tablets.

1.- Elohim = Anunnaki = Extraterrestrials
2.- Origin of man = DNA manipulation from the Elohim/Anunnaki
3.- Technology devices described, spaceships, weapons, etc.

The works of Sitchin and Biglino's point to the same end results.
And this is key.

Of course the Sumerian tablets are the originals, and the Bible just a copy, made 1000's of years later.

The Gesuits and the Vatican will not be so happy...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewtonDKC

I like your thinking on this material! At least someone is doing it! Thanks for you spin on this.

I was raised Jehovah Witness, studied some catholic and christian faiths. I also read bits of other faiths. To me I always questioned a lot of what was going on. I was always answered with "well you just gotta have faith" and to me that is just a cop out for they didn't know, and or no one really knew!

It just surprises me that so many can hold to one religion, and never go digging for the truth. Then hold all other religions in contempt and judgements. In one of the bibles I read that a person should always search for the truth....even if you never find it. How many people that blindly follow their faiths ever truly do that, or ever truly read any bible from cover to cover. There is a reason that all pastors and ministers jump around and read quotes from here or from there. It's because if they read it to you from the beginning, then you would catch on to what they are doing. and that's convoluting everything they talk about.

Just cause daniel talked about one thing doesn't mean that luke was linking to it in any way shape or form. But they will always try to make those links for you. food for thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Seven days of the week ?

One very important thing to learn about the OT is that in those days there did not exist the seven days of the week cycle. In those pagan times the peoples of the world measured time according to a Lunar Calender, consisting of 13 Lunar Cycles per Solar Year. We now call the Lunar Cycle a "month", but back in those pagan times a Lunar Cycle was called an "Annum". Modernly the word "Annum" now refers to the Solar Year instead. Because of this confusion over measures we misinterpret the life spans of the ancient pre flood era patriarchs incorrectly. Example 900 "years", if taken to be "months" instead, works out at just a normal human life span. This is just one of the multitude of misunderstandings about the OT that we are programmed with as children and thus accept without question as the foundation of our world view. Whatever it is that we are reading in the Bible we do need to put it under the spotlight of scientific scrutiny. The OT only refers to the observation of the "Sabbath" after the time of King Solomon. Before his time the Hebrews did observe a sabbath ritual, but it was a monthly sabbath according to a pagan tradition, not a weekly sabbath like as we observe it nowadays. Pagans observe a "Sabbath" according to a Lunar Cycle once a month each Full Moon. As pagans we also gather in the open and throw a Star Party each New Moon.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 20/1/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scary

So far I have yet to hear him say something that was not already in any King James Bible around. However, I can understand the difference between the Catholics bible and the Hebrew text that the KJV uses.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Elohim is a plural and non plural, Which makes the word confusing, this is what the jews told me, i buy it. Honestly the person who told me was the rabbi confidant, highly educated, and the rabbi would ask him questions
edit on 20-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Elohim is either God, (The God) Or (referring to angels)
edit on 20-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

It has always bothered me that in 3 years studying Christian Theology I couldnt get a teacher , minister or adherent of any biblical denomination to explain to me exactly why , there is a plural there in Genesis which sticks out like a sore thumb , without repetition or further literal explanation .

How about this one. In renaissance and early modern England, when bible translations such as the King James were instigated, it was usual for royalty to speak in English as "we" rather than "I", i.e. the royal we, especially when making official declarations.

As in "we are not amused".

It would be unacceptable for the divine king to speak any other way had he been speaking 17th century English.

Hebrew is probably sufficiently different that this is an artifact of translation but I don't have specific knoweldge. Try asking a rabbi instead of a minister, as they read biblical Hebrew for a living.

edit on 20-1-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Watched the first 2 videos. I have to say they are very interesting so far. I am gonna try to finish the videos tonight and then return with a personal opinion on them. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

So I see you're big on Sitchin and a few other subjects that a lot of folk consider 'nutz' just as that same applies to my own beliefs.

I'm not *that* big on him. Let's just say that I'm aware of him and appreciate the nudge he gave everyone in a particular direction.

Someone has to at least suggest it, first, before someone can prove it - and, then have it finally accepted.
(I give you, Copernicus)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
The Vatican did right by firing him. He can now go preach his belief in demonic UFO's elsewhere.

UFOs are demonic?

Damn, that church has you really brainwashed doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I don't mean to butt in, but the guys interpretation matches Hindu, Egyptian, and Celtic texts that foreshadow the bible by hundreds and by thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This dudes a poor mans version of Dan Brown i wont be wasting any more posts or time on this diabolical thread his credibility is paper thin these mooks are a dime a dozen

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by scary
He translated the accepted MMS from all three Abrahamic religions using ONLY the consonants as it was written and without injecting punctuation (not written with it) and vowels,

What is/are "MMS?" How do you translate Hebrew without inserting vowels? The language had vowels, you know, they didn't go around clicking consonants and glottal stops at each other all day. You have to insert vowels into the written language to translate it. You said "all three Abrahamic religions" used only consonants in their writing ... but I've seen the Greek New Testament, and I'm pretty sure it has written vowels, too. I recall something about an Alpha and an Omega. What's up with that? Is Christianity no longer an Abrahamic religion?
edit on 19-1-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

How do you know that the language had vowels? Where you personally there to witness this? Is there are unwritten rule somewhere that states, "Tho must insert vowels into the written language in order to translate it."? What's up with that?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by benrl
You do realize the OT is apart of the Jewish Torah And that Jewish scholars had it and have read and translated it far longer than there has even been a "Catholic" church...

Just saying...
Thats what i'm saying. This guy in the video thinks he knows more than jewish priests who spend their entire lives studying this stuff. They don't just spend 4-6 years in college studying it they spend up to their entire lives starting at the age of 12.

If you actually watched the video, the guy states his position and where he came from. He never once states that he knows more that Jewish priests who spend their entire lives studying stuff. He actually says, " The only thing we know for sure, is that we don't know. " He says this a couple times. He then tells the audience to not change their beliefs but to have an open mind about what he was about to say to them. Ignorance is bliss...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

How about this one. In renaissance and early modern England, when bible translations such as the King James were instigated, it was usual for royalty to speak in English as "we" rather than "I", i.e. the royal we, especially when making official declarations.

As in "we are not amused".

It would be unacceptable for the divine king to speak any other way had he been speaking 17th century English.

Hebrew is probably sufficiently different that this is an artifact of translation but I don't have specific knoweldge. Try asking a rabbi instead of a minister, as they read biblical Hebrew for a living.

That type of talk by royalty didn't come along till Victoria's lot came along in the 1800s.
Nice try but it doesn't explain the 'us' bit

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scary

A family member of mine has done extensive research on the bible and comparing the Hebrew/Greek translations and from what I have heard, there are many, many discrepancies in single word translations. For example, the word "coming" apparently has six different meanings in Greek. See how that can make confusion. This family member of mine personally believes that from his own work and experience in this that the bible is an allegory for what is going on inside you. (Spiritually)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starting here I have the transcript, notes on the whole first video. In all following posts I made, and took them on the second.

Its real, he has impeccable credentials, and not only is it real, but it goes further, because the vowels change the meaning, and no one knows. Every one has to say, they don't know, so the bible is all a translational guess out of 70 possible meanings in some cases on basically info from Sumeria. And that is the thing, when you choosing and finding synchroniization in choices for meanings, the Sumar coordinates, its evidence the right choice is made, and this isn't Sitchin, this is the world academic authority on the Sumerian info.

I've watched them all now and have to say, truth has a really nice ring to it. The most freeing and decent thing going. So stop harming others or sacrificing bullochs to something that isn't god.

Who's your daddy? Slap slap slap. Master of Disguise.

I know mine doesnt slap me silly.

Also what is Love?

Because truth is in our souls and we can meditate, connect to Source and find this, thats the really the job in life.

They say turn off the TV, and I would add, close the bible and meditate.

Because there really is Spirit and Higher Frequency. Love really has definitions. Amongst what it means, Equality and Freedom rank high, along with kindness, forgiveness, humility, gratitude, sharing, caring, going the extra mile for someone, being a Good Person, in a Good Family and tending to those who need help.

Anything that is not like this, leave immediately. Love is a universal concept it doesnt play games. It doesnt exclude.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join