It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a Hero.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by absolutely

Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us.

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do." (while on the cross)

this is your beliefs allegations system to justify always acting as you want with everything and everyone

you hold a god there figure power name it your father as godfather mafia type protection
you exhibit another figure of living martyr calling it your sacrifice, as a dime you paid fully allowing you to feel free from any true obligation

and you force a sense of morality as the absolute justification of all your existence as always positive way right
with that forgiveness exchanges assuming an eternal life result from declaring that u forgive and are forgiven

individual free will mister is nothing objectively and more then nothing to any objective fact and unexisting to existence justifications in truth

you can focus as much as u want upon yourself wills and others, it doesnt change any to the fact that existence is smthg else while it is all what exist really, on the contrary it confirms it
so be through your ways but then u must join your father outside of existence first since u mean his life
it is not here mister

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My definition of a hero?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I wish you'd take it easy and not be so quick to judge. There is always a gap in communication, especially in textual form. If we were face to face, you never know, we might like each other! Anyway, I will withold any judgement of you, I just notice that almost every one of your posts and responses to others seems to be almost exclusively of the adversarial variety, that's all, but no worries as they say, it's all good, and that's my principal tenet, that in truth it's all good, and many of the distinctions we make in regards to religious sentiment, or about being right to another's wrong, are by their very nature false right out of the gate, since they are baised viewpoints and opinions only, without access to all information, which is available to God alone as the first/last cause or the alpha and omega of existence, who's awareness relative to ours, is as high as the stars of the heavens are above the earth, but just because we cannot know the mind of God, doesn't mean we cannot reasonably posit his existence, and then test our hypothesis in the light of experience, to see if it works and is workable, and that kind of work isn't easy. You don't know me or what I've been through, so please, please, have mercy and save the negative judgements, like calling me evil or whatever, thank you, we all deserve the benefit of the doubt as they say, because no one can take another person's personal inventory or pronounce judgement on them, and in truth this non-judgement and unconditional love is represented by Jesus' at-one-ment as an image of the height of the twin pillars of justice, and mercy, please don't assume that you know in absolute terms things which we are all of us still learning about, exploring and sharing with one another.

God Bless,

NAM aka Bob

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Stop looking for Heroes.

BE the Hero.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That is more down my alley.
The dark knight, Rorschach,The Punisher, Spawn, Riddick,

Clint Eastwood, anything Clint makes my day.

Han Solo, Darth Vader when he turned, and back again, etc

Samson after he is defeated, slowly grows his hair and then breaks his chains to free himself /smite his enemies /destroy himself.

edit on 23-1-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I wish you'd take it easy and not be so quick to judge. There is always a gap in communication, especially in textual form. If we were face to face, you never know, we might like each other! Anyway, I will withold any judgement of you, I just notice that almost every one of your posts and responses to others seems to be almost exclusively of the adversarial variety, that's all, but no worries as they say, it's all good, and that's my principal tenet, that in truth it's all good, and many of the distinctions we make in regards to religious sentiment, or about being right to another's wrong, are by their very nature false right out of the gate, since they are baised viewpoints and opinions only, without access to all information, which is available to God alone as the first/last cause or the alpha and omega of existence, who's awareness relative to ours, is as high as the stars of the heavens are above the earth, but just because we cannot know the mind of God, doesn't mean we cannot reasonably posit his existence, and then test our hypothesis in the light of experience, to see if it works and is workable, and that kind of work isn't easy. You don't know me or what I've been through, so please, please, have mercy and save the negative judgements, like calling me evil or whatever, thank you, we all deserve the benefit of the doubt as they say, because no one can take another person's personal inventory or pronounce judgement on them, and in truth this non-judgement and unconditional love is represented by Jesus' at-one-ment as an image of the height of the twin pillars of justice, and mercy, please don't assume that you know in absolute terms things which we are all of us still learning about, exploring and sharing with one another.

your ways to turn everything personnal is the living proof of the evil you are

evil is not a word for hate, it is an objective concept that define what is fundamentally and absolutely opposed to truth value

there is never any personnal relation from words exchange, what you cant handle any objective argument is all to your will in being from killing objective concept for absolute subjective life, this is a fact mister that im free to advocate objective through, while it should mean nothing to u since objects for u never exist

u see relation from free expressions without reality bc of your being way totally focus on subject powers ones as the source of things while things are the source of ones, it is just all the way a fact proven from u mister, you mean and do the opposite of right common sense

but it is ur way and since you have your god with u how another opinion matter there? while you clearly willingly attack everything and everyone

you dont want to stay relative this is your choice so assume meaning being of absolute existence one, how cant u handle one relative expression opposition reaction to your absolute claim

when you think that u can be against all for absolute one all then anyone can be against you in words of course, since you are denying its existence

you should the least be responsable of your own choices, choosing a super powerful god as one existence all reason could not result in feeling threatened by a modik individual judgement upon your expressions, on the contrary you should the least act in giving to your beliefs anything from ur convictions since you are taking all from as ur choice

this is all words world mister, so no powers nor any sense to fear, letters look all the same nothing
when u cant handle the freedom it offers to use you should think then to do smthg else then writing in forums

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
on a side note, the whole Mary thing,

The mother goddess is a unifying concept across many cultures and seems to find common ground in all people.

It's funny how the Qur'ān mentions Mary more than the Holy Bible.
There has been an active effort to eliminate her from the central story.

OUR LADY AND ISLAM: HEAVEN’S PEACE PLAN
Fr Ladis J. Cizik, Blue Army National Executive Director

Islam
Islam is an Arabic word that can be defined as "to make peace." Islam is the religion founded by Mohammed, which considers the Koran as its holy book. In addition, Islam accepts the New Testament of the Christians and the Old Testament of the Jews as Divinely inspired works. Followers of Islam are known as Muslims (also: Moors, Turks, and Moslems) and, just as Jews and Christians, believe in only one God. Yet, over the centuries, Muslims have engaged in tremendous wars with Christians and Jews. It would seem that there is little hope for peace. However, Heaven's Peace Plan, involving Our Lady, is evidenced at Fatima, Portugal as well as other places around the world.

Fatima

The Moors once occupied Portugal. The village of Fatima was given the Islamic name of the well-loved Princess of the nearby Castle of Ourem. She died at an early age after marrying the Count of Ourem and converting to Catholicism. Baptized with the Christian name of Oureana, she was named at birth "Fatima," like many other Moslem girls, in honor of the daughter of Mohammed. Of his daughter, Fatima, the founder of Islam, Mohammed, said: "She has the highest place in heaven after the Virgin Mary."
It is a fact that Moslems from various nations, especially from the Middle East, make so many pilgrimages to Our Lady of Fatima's Shrine in Portugal that Portuguese officials have expressed concern. The combination of an Islamic name and Islamic devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary is a great attraction to Moslems. God is writing straight with crooked lines, as we will see. Fatima is a part of Heaven's Peace Plan. It is hope for the world.

Mexico

In the fullness of time, we can be sure that Almighty God knew that the Islamic religion would pose a serious threat to Christianity. God also knew that the Spanish missionaries would face grave resistance in the "new world" from the mighty Aztec Indians. The Aztecs worshipped an evil stone "serpent god" that demanded human sacrifice. It was extremely difficult to win souls for Christ from these bloodthirsty savages. However, with God all things are possible. Our Lady appeared to a humble Aztec Indian convert by the name of Juan Diego in 1531. When asked her name by Juan Diego, at the request of the local bishop, Our Lady's response, in the Aztec language, included the words "te coatlaxopeuh" (pronounced: "te quatlasupe") and meant "one who crushes the head of the stone serpent."

To Juan Diego and his fellow Aztecs, this revelation had great meaning, coupled with the miraculous image of Our Lady standing on top of a "crescent," the symbol of this evil serpent god. A tidal wave of conversions to Catholicism ensued. However, Bishop Zumarraga, who was from Spain, made what was no doubt a "heavenly mistake" that one day may lead to the mass conversion of Moslems. To the Bishop's Spanish ears, Our Lady's Aztec name of "Te Quatlasupe" sounded just like the name of the revered Madonna from Spain with the Islamic name, "Guadalupe." Hence, the bishop named the Mexican Madonna "Our Lady of Guadalupe." It is interesting that the "crescent" is also the symbol for Islam and that America's Shrine to Our Lady has an Islamic name.

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Biliverdin

Without Mary's love, and Joseph's (also a hero), Jesus would not have been Jesus, but that said, who and what he became, wasn't born of the flesh, but of the spirit. Mary's deification by the RCC is problematic imho. 'nuff said.

There are subtle (and intentionally directed) nuances in this exchange for those with the eyes to see.

What is the wind, which blows where it pleases, and which we "know not from whence it comes or wither it goes"?

Unconstrained, and radically free is what it is.

From where does evil arise but from a failure in love, and mutual awareness and understanding, at all levels, from the family of origin as a bottom-up phenomenon, to the waging of war by nations, as a prime example of top-down evil often generated by design so as to consolidate "power" by certain corrupt "elitist" institutions, groups, or "houses" (super wealthy families)?

And would everyone run rampant in the streets like animals, if we were taught the ways of grace, virtue, and "the good" (quality) as the ancient sophists like Socrates taught? Sure we need to have a framework of laws to uphold law and order, but do "the masses" really need to be regulated and driven this way and that, often in opposition to one another, to maintain "order", or is the application of such "authority" nothing but an instrument of mere "convenience" (how pathetic) by which the "haves" retain their "dominion" over the have-nots?

Do we really need a "war on terror" so that Big Daddy Government can protect us from harm, while lining us up like cattle, poking and proding us and feeling us up, owning us..?

How many artistic and scientific geniuses have been discarded and thrown away by a "system" of "entertainment" which has us believe that the only real heros in the world are fictional characters on TV?

What the hell are "they" the so-called "elite" thinking? Perhaps there is nothing "elite" about them, at all?

Can the rich man of attachment ever enter the kingdom of God?

I am here to say ENOUGH! Enough with the dumbing down, enough with the herding of people as if they are a collective group of animals.

Like I said in an earlier post - it was the stone that was rejected by the builders (the individual) which, yet again, is the keystone in the royal archway to a new reality wherein humanity, both individually and collectively, might begin to enjoy life as it was meant to be lived and enjoyed.

So here, posting these things at ATS and expecting to make a difference, I am either crazy, or audacious enough, and faithful enough, to expect that these arrows of truth will find their mark.

Someone said we need to stop looking for heroes and BE the hero, and that's right. Like Ghandi said, if we seek to change the world then we must be and become the very change we seek, nothing else is rational, and all criticism and negative views are simply not helpful, and we are each of us either part of the solution, or part of the problem, the choice remains, and none among us can do it alone, so we all need each other to step up and be a hero in whatever way however great or small, and the rest can just get out of the way. At some point we must "leave the dead to bury their dead."

Let those who will, be re-born to the spirit of truth, life, and reality as it is, and work from wherever they are at, hand in hand, to generate a new domain of possibility for us all, the time has come, it's not too late.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 23-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

My hero is a nun. She helps drug addicts as they get out of prison. She buys cheap houses and teaches ex-cons how to rehabilitate the homes. She rents out the houses very cheaply to the ex-cons and their families. She provides anti-violence workshops and AA groups.

She does it all by herself.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
on a side note, the whole Mary thing,

The mother goddess is a unifying concept across many cultures and seems to find common ground in all people.

It's funny how the Koran mentions Mary more than the Holy Bible.
There has been an active effort to eliminate her from the central story.

mary is not any goddess nor mother, she got pregnant at very young age by accident and she barely took responsability of anything even her own child
in the koran the image of mary is worse then that clarity from the bible, mary is clearly in islam less then fatima which is nothing at all more then average woman kind

while in coran words of god are clearly stating jesus above all prophets and the witness on all souls in apocalypse time for their judgements, mary is mentionned mainly against churchs that made of her a goddess

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
reply to post by casenately

My hero is a nun. She helps drug addicts as they get out of prison. She buys cheap houses and teaches ex-cons how to rehabilitate the homes. She rents out the houses very cheaply to the ex-cons and their families. She provides anti-violence workshops and AA groups.

She does it all by herself.

which prove that nuns and priests as police officers are hypocrits evil free wills

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I am here to say ENOUGH! Enough with the dumbing down, enough with the herding of people as if they are a collective group of animals.

I would like to quote something else we all know and I saw here on ATS today

find the nearest window, then release the
"I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!"
scream from the bottom of your soul. From the very core of your being, find the drive and courage to enter the dark cave of fear and blindness.

Drag your brothers out of that bottomless pit and wash their minds of the filth that has taken over every part of their being.

Be the one who treads into the mud neck deep and submerges himself time and time again to pull out your fellow man, drowning in the cesspool of ignorance.

Knowledge is to teach and educate , (learn to learn), so as to find wisdom for you and the student.
wisdom is to live wisely and justly in balance walking the eternal "way" A path of truth.

The path of our decisions will lead us only to the place of our answers. The consequences for not asking the better question are an end point from our misconceptions in their interpretation.

Answer is partly true. Question is always true.
Q- What caused the war of "American independence"? A- The reason why, etc
Q- what causes ALL war? A- Same reason.

We decide based on what we know. We only grow when we see that which is not in ourselves. That thing we miss entirely due to it being the background noise in it all. The "Bigger Picture" is actually taken from the smallest perspective.

Go into those dark places and emerge victorious not for your flag or your creed. Go there and return after finding the truth you left behind.

All things must come full circle. This is an ancient teaching.

The circle is the very essence of the living. A cycle of renewing energies to replace the olden ebbs of silent wisdom. All truth simply is and is so eternally. falsehoods must be reinforced or else they are no more. Time is not forgiving to either.

The water seeping through the cracks is just a small portion of the river behind the stone. The water is eternal not the stone that yields to its flow.

All knowledge is a beginning to logic. All logic ends in illogical "truth"

Example, Spock style.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. The Individual might argue logically against that argument ad nauseam, but ultimately would be untrue. Logic is a system of organizing truths. The individual is not necessary for the survival of the whole. What are you if not your "kind". Logic would have failed him. Truth would not.

The same way the individual is not unwillingly chained to his instinctual minds hold over preserving his own species, Truth is not chained to the doubt that may be cast upon it. It is something already revealed, like a sun you know will rise. There is no containing it, only prolonging the night. Eventually "the light doth shine"

There will always be that guy. He might surprise us, or be someone we totally expect to do the right thing just by taking a fast glance into his eyes. Hope is in everyone of us.

We are both the warrior, and the battle ground. We must strive to be as the open field. Receiving to all that enter. Like a great mother. A door removed, and entrance gained. A open door. Let flow your spirit upon your life.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Heroes are over rated.
It's good to one or two throughout a person's life time but at some point that person will have to grow up and face the real world.
Heroes are inspiration only, nothing else because only you have control of your destiny.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

What is the wind, which blows where it pleases, and which we "know not from whence it comes or wither it goes"?

Unconstrained, and radically free is what it is.

Times change and things move on. We live and we learn. The wind does not come from nowhere and it is, like us, constrained by the same atmospheric and biospheric forces as the rest of us. The biosphere is further constrained within the solar system and the solar system within a galaxy...and so on and so forth. We are all, the wind too, bound by the dimensions of this reality. We are freer than the wind, for we have a mind to choose whether to blow or be blown, the wind just is and it does what it is driven to do. It has all that strength but no power to control. We do though. Though I am not saying we should...

From where does evil arise but from a failure in love,

Evil does not arise, evil is a conscious decision, followed by excuses for that determined action. People choose to inflict pain and suffering because it makes them feel powerful and superior when they do. Love can suffocate and oppress, stifle and stigmatise, too much love can create a sense of entitlement that leads to evil.

and mutual awareness and understanding, at all levels, from the family of origin as a bottom-up phenomenon, to the waging of war by nations, as a prime example of top-down evil often generated by design so as to consolidate "power" by certain corrupt "elitist" institutions, groups, or "houses" (super wealthy families)?

It is easy to point the finger of blame at others, in a general finger wagging gesture, but be specific, do you ensure that your own actions are above question? And that you do not, in anyway, support those that you accuse of oppressing you? Where do you buy your clothes from? Who supplies your electricity? Who handles your banking? Corruption exists at every level of business and exists only through the compliance of consumerism. Some of those 'elite' families operate ethically and should be supported. Some businesses practice fair trade and should be supported. Seek and yee shall find. Or you can sit on your arse and pretend that you are taking responsibility just because you can see that there is a problem. Nothing special about that, and certainly nothing particularly enlightened.

Real and lasting change CAN ONLY COME FROM THE BOTTOM UP. As Jesus himself most admirably demonstrated. For our sins.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

You're right about the finger pointing, and the taking of responsibility, I agree. If we wish to crush evil in the world, then we need to follow Jesus' lead and be the end of the cycle of evil, ourselves, and walk straight into a new world, where "surely goodness and love will follow us all the days of our lives and we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (23rd Psalm). We cannot fight evil with evil or fire with fire, Jesus understood this clearly, and we have all the evidence we need that it just doesn't work. To pray for our enemies and to forgive those who persecute us, that's where the rubber meets the road and goes places far and wide, but neither should we shy away from making bold statements, or the taking of stands, like Tim Thomas the Bruins goalie who refused to attend the Whitehouse reception for his Stanley Cup winning team, and explained his position in a brief statement (see the front page of ATS now).

Bruins goalie Tim Thomas takes stand against U.S Government

edit on 24-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: link added

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I just want to add that you almost need a doctorate to understand the "message" Jesus gave. At the very least an unrelenting thirst for truth to hunt it down so as to truly "understand" what we should get from this man's "life".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"surely goodness and love will follow us all the days of our lives and we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (23rd Psalm).

I would like to point out that the man who wrote that, King David, which starts out with "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.." (I changed the me, to us), was not without his own share of prior sin (he arranged for a man to be killed on the front line of a battlefield in order to steal his beautiful wife).

"Every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past."
~ Oscar Wilde

Edit to add: All but one among us has fallen short of the Glory of God we were intended to realize in the fullness of time and history, but it's not too late to make a fresh start and try again, from the poor man to the rich man. To this very day we stand at the threshold of a world waiting to be re-born anew, and the solution to our problems, although perhaps not easy, may very well be incredibly simple.

edit on 24-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
I just want to add that you almost need a doctorate to understand the "message" Jesus gave. At the very least an unrelenting thirst for truth to hunt it down so as to truly "understand" what we should get from this man's "life".

This is what you were lead to believe my friend. The truth Christ spoke was simple enough for a child to understand. We are utterly dependant on one another. So, love one another. Nothing else will fix our ills. It is up to us to do our very best with the very best things we have been given.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Very good and hello brother! Yes, the human being is a social being, and so what I call "the relativity of human being" aka the FAMILY is the highest frame of reference, and this functions at all levels, from family of origin through local, to regional, to national and even international human relations. Jesus understood this very well. In fact, I think he walked away from a Buddhist type of realization (one with everything) to pursue this line of reasoning, in both form and functiom, after all "what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his own soul" (essential character, passion, and charm).

You got it brother, we are a family, for good or for ill, and it's our responsibility, for those who are able, to heal that family, and put an end to certain cycles or processes involving what some call "the sins of the father" ie: generational sin.

For example, just look at the "fruits" of World War II, what Churchill called "The Unneccessary War" - when any one of us looks back just one or two generations, we can see how much pain and suffering was inflicted as a result of that global carnage. My own father suffered under the heartless and unrelenting anger of a father who'd had his leg blown off in that war, and so a degree all that sorrow, became my own, and I am it's end, which is a real triumph.

Humanity is like a great net, or one family, and as a family we are so wounded, and in such dire need of healing, and we ourselves can be that healing, that salve to the wound which touches and affects us all.

God Bless,

NAM

edit on 24-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo fixed

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Humanity is like a great net

We're grokking my friend.

Be fishers of men.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics