It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China turns against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Chinese premier seems to be taking a much tougher view with Iran then he previously had. After his Middle East
tour of Gulf nations, he spoke of :-
"China adamantly opposes Iran developing and possessing nuclear weapons," he said.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that the Chinese had dropped half their oil sales from Iran, but this statement reinforces the Chinese position. Iran is not very far away from achieving "Piraha" status in the eyes of the world community.
I am no supporter of war with Iran, but the more Countries that show support for a "Non Nuclear Iran", the better I think.We do not need a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. If Iran goes nuclear then so to will Turkey, The Russians then would feel the need to move missiles South to counter Turkey. There are no good scenarios here, which ever countries you add to this in the gulf.

I'm hoping that the Russians will follows the Chenese leed shortly, so that Iran feels that it has little choice left, either drop the persuit of Nuclear weapons, or face ruin.

Here is an Extract from the Chinese premiers speach.

Link To Article

After a visit to the Gulf in which he met the leaders of the states most threatened by Iran's aggressive foreign policy, Wen Jiabao, the Chinese premier, issued Beijing's clearest condemnation yet . "China adamantly opposes Iran developing and possessing nuclear weapons," he said. China appears to have sent a message to Iran that it could not rely on Beijing's unstinting support by reducing its imports of oil at a time when the US and Europe are promoting an embargo on the country. The Washington Post reported that China trimmed its oil imports from Iran in January from a daily average of around 550,000 barrels to 285,000 barrels a day. Chinese foreign policy experts said the statement demonstrated that Beijing would not allow its international position to end up beholden to Iran.

edit on 19-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
lets hope and pray the global awakening among world leaders continues.

It isn't only nukes that the Chinese should be concerned about....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
But..but...I thought Iran had absolutely no ambition of possessing Nuclear weapons. What an odd statement from China.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Taking a strong stand on Iran should speak volumes. [Unless of course one believes in China being part of the NWO] and or the [Rothschild banking puppet] scenario etc etc etc.

China also has fairly recently let it be known they are getting tired of carrying North Korea. It costs them money to support and all North Korea really does is cause trouble with countries China does Billions of dollars worth of business with.

So maybe China is finally cutting it's losses [something the US should do as well]

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess Iran's OK until they do develop nuclear weapons, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope you are right Slayer, China could do some house cleaning as well as US too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Chinese are most interested in keeping their oil supplies open. If the US is thought to be ready to strike Iran that may have been enough reason for them to issue this statement.
Note that it only says "the pursuit of nuclear weapons", not nuclear power. Given Iran's vast oil fields nuclear power isn't needed and can only be seen as Iran's intent to someday develop the bomb.
This is not to say that Iran does not have a legitimate right to self defense and sees nuclear weapons as a means of insuring their own safety.
Military strikes are not the answer here and I think China is trying to very delicately defuse the situation.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Kinda conflicts with Russias claim that china is shoulder to shoulder with them on the Iran/Syria crisi and sanctions.....
Now are they backing out of a deal with russia because they have seen more proof than they need that the Iranis are going for the bomb?
Maybe they are wanting to sucker the states into military action against iran because they have war materials to sell Iran?
Good way to get some cheaper oil supplies....
Everyone in this dirty world wide game is willing to cut any allys throat for some major advantage either before during or after the battles.....
It really is a dog eat dog planet..........

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This is nothing new. China never wanted Iran to have nuclear weapons. Who does? And Iran are not trying to get them either. So this changes nothing. That statement was most likely just used to either gain some favor with the west, or as an answer to a question on the issue from a reporter/whoever.

Chinas stance on Iran have not changed though. They will still support them if the U.S attacks.

edit on 19-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by rigel4

Taking a strong stand on Iran should speak volumes. [Unless of course one believes in China being part of the NWO] and or the [Rothschild banking puppet] scenario etc etc etc.

China also has fairly recently let it be known they are getting tired of carrying North Korea. It costs them money to support and all North Korea really does is cause trouble with countries China does Billions of dollars worth of business with.

So maybe China is finally cutting it's losses [something the US should do as well]

I'm all for this new turn of events by the Chinese, and don't think any of these events are related to the
NWO, it's just "Geo Politics" at work. I do hope that there is still a peaceful outcome to the crysis in the MIddle East. War means death, and i want the people alive to day to alive tomorrow (so to speak).

It's about time that the Chinese drop NK, that would leave the world in a far safer Position.
What's you take on Israel Slayer, regarding all of this?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Given this and their recent statements on NK. You think its basically about business as far as China is concerned and if its bad for business then they are out of it? Business in this case = China as an economic power.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
it's just part of chinese strategy.

if warren buffet kept threatening every week to buy out wal-mart and shut it down, it would only be reasonable to sell your shares to cut loses.

it doesn't make sense for china to lock up iranian oil when it's possible war will break out and the straight of hormuz will be shut down.

but that doesn't mean it won't sell them weapons or support. money's money.

if anything, these moves mean some sort of strike is imminent.

edit on 19-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Relax, the Chinese are simply waking up to the reality of how dangerous the Iranian regime are, and distancing themselves at this point is their only wise move.

They have defended and aided the Iranian regime, for economic objectives and because they oppose the west.. Now they may actually do something really stupid, so creating plausible deniability on the part of the Chinese is a wise move.

Hey, they had to say something, just in case of....

Proceed to next level...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

My mother was friends with a Chinese doctor and he told her "Chinese and Asian people are the best actors in the world".

I take it to mean that they will never reveal their true intentions until the time is right or its most profitable. They can turn against Iran or they can appear to turn against Iran in order to lure the west into a fight. China hasn't been hacking pentagon and satellites for no reason at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't think any of the superpowers in the world should dictate anything.

If they want countries to have no nuclear weapons then they should have no nuclear weapons. Lead by example. No one needs nukes, when seriously was the last one used in battle? What is the need if you never use them?

As long as US and China are sitting on stockpiles they should shut their mouths, when they are nuke free, they can say what they want.

Pred...

ETA: And no, I think Iran should have access to nukes, but I do not own any.

edit on 19-1-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Given Iran's vast oil fields nuclear power isn't needed and can only be seen as Iran's intent to someday develop the bomb.

I disagree with this statement. Oil isn't going to last forever, why can't a country take steps to lower its dependence on oil? A lot of countries are going the nuclear power route, why not Iran?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I for one applaud this course of action the Chinese government has decided to follow. At a very basic level, the concept of deterrence within Geo-politics is critical and well established dating back to post WWII. China, Russia, USA, UK have been the major players in this scenario and have reach an agreement on some level to maintain global stability to a point.

Iran entering the nuclear dance floor, will likely be out of rhythm with the tune of how things normally run to ensure the continued existence of the planet. China understanding this has opted to side with the other powers to ensure balance is maintained.

Some may argue about North Korea and their nuclear capabilities. I would say that perhaps China has better control of a nation that so heavily depends on it.

I will go out on a limb and say that most governmental figures don’t desire nuclear war. Thus the prevention of new dancers from coming out onto the dance floor seems to be globally agreed upon.

edit on 19-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
It's about time that the Chinese drop NK, that would leave the world in a far safer Position.

Agreed.

What's you take on Israel Slayer, regarding all of this?

Honestly..

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the false accusations, name calling and finger pointing by both sides.

[You know for two people who have some of the most ancient of lineage they both act like babies]

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Given this and their recent statements on NK. You think its basically about business as far as China is concerned and if its bad for business then they are out of it? Business in this case = China as an economic power.

This is a revelation?

Of Course they are and they'll look after their interests just like the US/West has and will. Both East and West would benefit from a non Nuclear armed Iran/North Korea.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I'm relaxed and all jiggy "wit it" yo..
edit on 19-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join