It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China turns against Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by insaan

As far as I am aware, Turkey has no nukes. There may be nukes stored at the US Aibase in Turkey, but they are US nukes NOT Turkish ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
reply to post by insaan

As far as I am aware, Turkey has no nukes. There may be nukes stored at the US Aibase in Turkey, but they are US nukes NOT Turkish ones.

This is correct. Turkey has no nuclear weapons of their own, hence i make the point of an arms race in the region
if iran becomes a nuclear power.
The entire region will go into reshuffle, it will effect Russia, the 'karabachs and most of the 'Stans.
All of theses countries and regions there of, are not politically stable, some are in a near perpetual state
of civil war and cross border skirmishes.

Not a good place for nukes to get established.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The "Stans" are going to be economic powerhouses [With Huge Natural Resources] in the not too distant future and Iran [Nor China for that matter] have not been very good neighbors to them.

The New Great Game...?

edit on 20-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A good read Slayer, and a well presented Thread

I had no Idea the region had so much natural resources,Now I can Understand a little more
as to why Iran is at the centre of all of this.
Iran is a buffer for Russia and China, and an obstacle for the United States and it's allies.

China, USA and Russia all triangulating into central Asia, the reasons you pointed out on your thread
are where all of this is at. Cheers for the enlightenment.

A quote from your Thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crude oil, once seen as a wealth-creating blessing for mankind, is fast turning into the “devil’s tears”. The struggle to control the world’s remaining energy reserves increasingly culminates in bloody conflicts and the killing of innocent civilians, with the war in Iraq only being the latest example. In The New Great Game, Central Asia, known as the "black hole of the earth" for much of the last century. The Caspian Sea contains the world’s largest amount of untapped oil and gas resources. It is estimated that there might be as much as one hundred billion barrels of crude oil in the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan alone.

edit on 20-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I had no idea about the resources either! I thought it was strange that I had a dream in the last three months where I was standing over a globe, gave it a spin, and stopped on the Caspian Sea. I wasn't even familiar with it. Now it's starting to make sense.

What a great read from Slayer!

Also, Wikipedia has interesting information regarding the Caspian Sea towards the bottom titled, "International Disputes" and "Current Situation".

en.wikipedia.org...

Has anyone heard the latest on the disputes regarding this? This article dates back to January 2010, and I haven't hear much about it since.

A giant gas field has been discovered off the coast of Israel. The find was announced last month and the field is being called Leviathan, after the biblical sea monster. With an estimated 16 trillion cubic feet of gas, it is the world's biggest gas discovery in a decade. [POST-BROADCAST CORRECTION: It was actually the world's biggest DEEP-WATER gas discovery in a decade.]

www.npr.org...

Let's see what else I can find on the issue....

Here's an article from April 2011...

"Will Leviathan Oil Shale Discovery Make Israel the Next Energy Giant?"

www.investorplace.com...

and another from September 2011...

Mother Nature's distribution of oil and gas resources around the world suggests she has a mischievous sense of humor. In the Persian Gulf, South China Sea, and Caspian Sea, large fields lie in disputed zones between unfriendly neighbors.

Now we must add another hot spot to that list. New, giant, natural gas finds promise to transform the energy security and economy of Israel and, perhaps, its neighbors. But these treasures could hardly have been better placed to stir up trouble, complicating three of the world's most intractable conflicts: between Israel and the Palestinians, Israel and Lebanon, and Greek and Turkish Cypriots. The recent sharp deterioration in Turkish-Israeli relations makes disputes over gas even more fraught with danger.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

Sounds like more soon to be trouble, doesn't it??!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I imagine due to there pre-industrial states of infrastructure we will just economicly enslave them with loans like Africa.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
reply to post by insaan

Me and you both agree that there are nukes in Turkey, that is my point, Turkey does have nukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join