It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian women activist shot dead in Houston

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Because the situation is complex. The US has Iran backed into a corner and they want Iran to make aggressive moves. If Iran starts making serious accusations about American activities against it, the US will deny it and American media will spin the Iranian accusations as a call to war.

Then why are they accusing the United States of assassinating its scientists? I suggest you go to Press TV and search for "heroin" and "opium." Not only does Press TV lie, they are not permitted to tell the truth, even if it would be damaging to the United States. Why can't you find anything about CIA assets smuggling heroin into Iran? It's an accusation they can actually prove, as opposed to their claims about the US murdering its dissident scientists.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I found a interesting comment made by a General David Phillips.

www.ncr-iran.org...

What about another woman, an Iranian-American? But unlike the two I’ve previously mentioned, she is—I’m sorry, I need to rephrase that into another tense, past tense. She was a brilliant medical student in Houston, Texas, and she was gunned down in her car last week. Her name was Gelareh Bagherzadeh. What was her crime? Nothing more than speaking out for women’s rights, particularly the women of Iran who are horribly abused and subjugated by the insecure male mullahs. My guess, and it’s only a guess based on 35 years of law enforcement and military police experience, that when the suspect is found, the assailant, that individual will be found to have disagreed with her right to speak out. The investigation’s ongoing, we’ll see.

This guy does not seem to be a nobody making this comment.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
This could just as easily be the work of some Texan redneck bigot.

After all, she was an Eyeraniun and probably a terrorist threat!

Ordinary American citizens are not murdering Iranian dissidents here. I find this post of yours completely offensive.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Ever wonder why a battered woman stays with her husband? And will even defend him to the police and her friends?
Ever hear of the Stockholm Syndrome where a captive grows fond of their captor? Perhaps they love their captivity because to them it's safer than the unkown. Or if they speak out they may be murdered in their car...

It is possible though that they may truly enjoy covering their faces with black cloths. And to be honest, driving in some foreign countries can be truly frightful.

edit on 24-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I will never know why people on this site get so caught up in promoting their own agenda that they confine their own posts to one direction from the beginning. Why set it up for an ignorant heated debate. If you want people to consider that possibility (which everyone would have without having their defense up) then you could have just said "What does everyone think? Related or unrelated to her being Iranian and the causes she stands for?"

That would make for an extremely boring thread. I have an opinion and I state it. In fact, I make my agenda for this thread explicit in my post. There are people who flatly deny that the Iranian government would murder their own citizens, as though this were something that Iranians alone would never do. In fact, the prior Iranian government made it open policy, and the current government is clearly maintaining this policy.

I have no patience for people who try to pretend that they are completely unbiased and objective about an issue, when in fact they are secretly pursuing a specific agenda.

Yah, it's not like we haven't seen them ruthlessly murder protesters in their own homeland...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join