It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds going CRAZY at night?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This may sound odd, but the last 2 nights the birds have been going crazy with chirps. It happens between probably about 3am and dawn. When the sun comes up they quiet down.
Now, I'm not a fool. I've heard certain types of birds do this during mating season, but mid-January isn't really mating season for anything, is it? I've also heard they will do this under stress, but if they were stressed out by a lurking alley cat, would it really persist for 2 nights in a row for hours on end?
Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Does it sound like a robin?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Sort of, I guess. I don't know my bird calls very well. Lol. If it happens again tonight I'll try to make note of the specific call.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Cats can be pretty persistent and birds are well adapted with an instinctual fear of them.
Cats will happily run about all night long, because, they're very well adapted for nocturnal hunting.
These two adaptations come together and you get all night twitters from nervous birds while the cat prowls about, tail twitching with eager anticipation of some tasty bird.

Seems plausible.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Funny you should mention odd bird behavior. I had a cardinal fly into my home office the other night. It was after midnight and I'd gone out into the carport to do something when it flew IN. There is no nest in the carport area and this isn't the time anyway. It isn't cold out by winter standards...but it had been sitting on a beam right at the door, as if waiting... It took forever and a broom to shoo back out the door too. Very odd...and it's never happened before.

I know what having one fly into a window means..but I know nothing about meaning behind what this one did the other night. It's just very odd behavior given the time of night, especially.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The birds seem normal here in West Virginia despite the fact they shouldn't even be here this time of year...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Funny you should mention odd bird behavior. I had a cardinal fly into my home office the other night. It was after midnight and I'd gone out into the carport to do something when it flew IN. There is no nest in the carport area and this isn't the time anyway. It isn't cold out by winter standards...but it had been sitting on a beam right at the door, as if waiting... It took forever and a broom to shoo back out the door too. Very odd...and it's never happened before.

I know what having one fly into a window means..but I know nothing about meaning behind what this one did the other night. It's just very odd behavior given the time of night, especially.

I heard cardinals are good luck? I don't know. I've had quite a few "sick" bird experiences in my life. Odd bird behavior seems to be drawn to me. Lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown

Originally posted by satron

Sort of, I guess. I don't know my bird calls very well. Lol. If it happens again tonight I'll try to make note of the specific call.

On second thought, I'm still not familiar with bird calls (lol), but I haven't seen any robins yet this year. Don't know where they migrate to, but we usually don't have them around here until mid-March.
The crazed chirping didn't happen last night. If it did I slept through it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i've not heard anything myself but from other peole have mentioned they think they've heard birds at silly times at night but just the odd bird tweeting ect at like 1am ect im sure it was ? never thought anything from it but i though id mention it here lol. i'm sure it was 1 of my facebook friends status actualy hmm i'll have to go back and check lol. Will find out more when i go on

top topics

join