It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A study cannot prove a damn thing.FACT.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

I believe that 95% is actually quite a conservative estimate. If it were not for the rare individuals, the innovators that have driven western cultures through the industrial age and beyond, we would still be grunting and hitting people over the head with clubs. It is those very, very rare people that the remainder of humanity rides upon the coat-tails of.... and that's only the westernised cultures.

In some countries they still stone and behead you like savages. The majority of humanity is actually worse than sheep.

IRM

edit on 19/1/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
People should look up Yuri Bezmenov and the role of subversion in the cold war. My sig has a link to a thread bout him. He claims to destroy a country you have to re-educate one generation.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
1. This study is from 2008, so it is NOT "breaking" news.

2. Please dont read naturalnews.

3. While it is true most people are sheeple most of the time, I'm going to say this particular specific study doesnt prove that at all.
If you ignore the naturalnews writeup and look at the link they refer to, there is this line...

Participants were not allowed to communicate with one another but had to stay within arms length of another person.

Forcing participants to stay within arms length sets up a rule whinch will influence the denamics in a way that makes it a "Complex Adaptive System" that leads to Emergence of a pattern.

1. Walk randomly
2. You have to stay within arms length of a person
3. You can switch the person you stay near.

Examples previously studied are those of flocking birds and of ants collecting food.

I would be quite certain that if a computer program was set up with the simple rules I stated above, and seeded with 5 percent of the pixels having a 4th rule as directed by the University of Leeds, one would get the same outcome.
Not human sheepleness, but Emergence from a Complex Adaptive System.

edit on 19-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
After reading the article it seems like the author made the leap from reading about an experiment in which "95% of people cooperate each other and follow direction in a crowd situation" to "95% of people don't think for themselves in any situation" ... many posters here have pointed out that this may be a trait of successful animal groups and I tend to agree.

Nothing wrong with thinking up you're own way to accomplish a task, but why reinvent the wheel? As the hall monitors in school used to say "Stay to the right, people...stay to the right"

The best snip from that article IMO is -

Fascinating we don't teach goal setting and decision making skills in our education system. These help form the foundation of real character and individuality - and protect us from over dependency on the ideas or opinions of others.

edit on 1/19/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was medically retired from the military after 16 years because they told me I had mental health issues due to my non compliance and failure to adjust. I guess that puts me in the 5%. I've been told my whole lifethat I have a "problem with authority". And I imagine that many members on here are in that 5% as well. Great info.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is actually really good news for us right now.
If all it takes is for 5% of us to wake up and lead the rest into victory over the NWO elite scumbags then
we are in good shape. The ball is already in motion and rolling.
It is picking up steam by the day.

I can not stress this enough.
It is so important that we here on ATS be as active as we can in getting the message out in any way we can so that we may "wake up" the rest of the sheep.

Sadly, ATS has no shortage of sheep amoungst its ranks also.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

Damn you Strato it took me months to get this creepy video out of my head, no I gotta start all over.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedUScitizen

Explain to me what studies "prove". You can't take a small sample and then accurately extrapolate truth. You can be close, but not close enough to call it a fact. You must always allow for anomalies and abberrations . Sorry you were not aware of this, and sorry you were so confident in yourself that you thought to end the conversation before it could begin. Your loss.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I believe that 95% is actually quite a conservative estimate. If it were not for the rare individuals, the innovators that have driven western cultures through the industrial age and beyond, we would still be grunting and hitting people over the head with clubs. It is those very, very rare people that the remainder of humanity rides upon the coat-tails of.... and that's only the westernised cultures.

So maybe those rare few should band together and leave the rest to fend for themselves.
I bet that would produce some interesting results to study

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Creepy stuff... now imagine some of those sheeple begin given a pair of jack boots and a hightened sense of their own righteous morality and obligation to control the others,

Don't have to imagine it... its called the TSA

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A tyrant is a tyrant and not a true leader. A true leader would not mislead those who followed placing themselves above their fellows - Priests do this standing in pulpits fooling their flock that somehow they are the one chosen by some imaginary god to relay the rules for how one should live one's life.
A true teacher would not spew forth the same brainwashing they had received themselves.
If one sees that a person is indoctrinated with falsehoods - Why should they have disdain for the victim
If you saw someone in trouble would you help them or pass them by labelling them as sheep

edit on 19-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sheep are the wool makers of society! Piggies don't make their own fur.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I couldn't follow any of that. Am I the new hope?

Bravo! Keep banging that beat of a different drum, but beware those who follow.

I'm always fighting them off with a "Tssht!" and a knee to the shoulder blades.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I think people that call others sheeple are idiots. It's follower behavior and it irritates me beyond belief.

No doubt! I agree completely. What breed of cat is that?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Well thats just how it goes. People are programmed thru television at a young age. The tv tells them whats "cool" and whats "the new thing" . So I really dont doubt those statistics are correct. We are told what to believe and what is right. Even alot of us on here are going with the flow. We all have a little sheep deep down inside of us

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you suggesting we band together Z?

IRM

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Are you suggesting we band together Z?
IRM

T&C says I am not allowed to recruit

But I have enough equipment to support 60

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I just realized that I hate "studies"..... This is stupid... Although I don't believe most of what I hear, this being a "study" and a "conclusion of 95%" is just stupid...

My 2 cents

Your 2 cents, is worth more than some Sheople's Nickels!

edit on 24-1-2012 by alilonthecheekyside because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join