It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

and what does that say about the people fighting to protect those secrets from coming out, even if they have no clue what the secrets are themselves. just blind following.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
yaaaaawwwnnnn ... known that for years... didnt even need a study to know it..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It is amazing how most any group think type of structure will develop its own culture of sorts, with myths, taboos, and every other sort of untruth. And many scholarly individuals view themselves as not able to be influenced by such things. Of course, almost every system we have in place is a follow the leader type system. Think about research papers, where you quote other peoples findings to arrive at your own finding. Then once a person masters the ability to validate another person, they arise to the top of the organization to enforce the same standard on those under them. The few that do challenge the majority are bastardized and ridiculed for attempting to change what has already been established.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's human nature, what can you do?

Btw, i would really like to recommend watching this Derren Brown show too anybody that's interested in knowing how easy it is to create horrible mob mentality, and make people act like evil children, even in a fairly civilized game show.

Trust me, it's worth your time!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by JokerzReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

" The study showed that it takes a minority of just five percent to influence a crowd's direction - and that the other 95 percent follow without even knowing "

Are we talking Sheep or Lemmings here ? Yes, I can see how the " Crowd Mentality " can make some Individuals Forget for a Time who they Really Are . Interesting Study ........

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i must admit i myself have fallen for "follow the crowed" its only been recent say last 10 years or so where i have been re-programming my self to step aside and into my own "box" and consider all possibility's and them forming my own opinion. yey me. I blame the education system, an average of 14 years of brain washing from the education system takes a bit of work to shake off.

i also think its an animal instinct we have ... safety in numbers.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Study proves that studies don't prove anything. Polls don't prove anything, surveys don't prove anything. But it makes for sensationalist headlines, and we do know that people are suckers for a titillating, bias affirming, piece of speculative trash.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I think people that call others sheeple are idiots. It's follower behavior and it irritates me beyond belief.

You sound like 95% of the people that I try to talk to that only watch MSM. Did you not see the FOX NEWS X-MAS cards send out to the fox employees that show the FOX big wigs being pulled by multiple sheep. They use the term, they understand the term, why dont you?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
Study proves that studies don't prove anything. Polls don't prove anything, surveys don't prove anything. But it makes for sensationalist headlines, and we do know that people are suckers for a titillating, bias affirming, piece of speculative trash.

If you feel that studies across the board don't prove anything, I have lost hope for you and will not even attempt to sway your opinion. Funny thing is, as previously mentioned, we didn't even need this study to find out the results in the first place. You have my pity, and I wonder why I spent time responding to your post. hrrmmm

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Creepy stuff... now imagine some of those sheeple begin given a pair of jack boots and a hightened sense of their own righteous morality and obligation to control the others, then think about what Milgram told us about the sheeple's compliance to those in 'authority'...
Milgram

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hahahaha this is fantastic!!

I work at Leeds University as a student support officer.

What a small world we live in!

And I don't think anybody should be surprised at the results...

Peace
edit on 19/1/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

It might not be a bad thing assuming sheep aren't sheep ALL the time. it might make sense why it's like this. No one is an expert in everything. For example if a fire breaks out in a crowd, maybe it's smarter if everyone just listens to the ONE fire fighter that happens to be in the crowd. Or the one doctor or whatever. Instead of everyone just doing their own thing and causing mass panic. The problem is when leaders abuse their leadership.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolder

Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

www.naturalnews.com

Scientists at the University of Leeds have conducted research that proves the tendency many have to act like sheep, unwittingly following crowd as if they didn't possess a reasoning mind. While this tendency may have its uses in some situations, such as planning pedestrian flow in busy areas, it doesn't inspire a ton of hope for humankind.

The study showed that it takes a minority of just five percent to influence a crowd's direction - and that the other 95 percent follow without even knowing
(visit the link for the full news article)

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm more than happy to be "A Sheep",
as long as "JESUS is The Shepherd".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Well just look at my avatar, for your answer. Lol A true shtf scenario, who knows?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Animal farm. good book
2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Its funny that theres a study that confirms what we here on ATS have known for years. It really is too easy for the masses to be controlled. T.V. is God. It would never lie right? Americans deserve every SOPA, NDAA, FEMA camp, etc. that comes their way. Most would never know anything about them until the Stormtroopers knock down your front door.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah that's called the Milgram experiment.

Milgram experiment

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of notable social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram, which measured the willingness of study participants to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts that conflicted with their personal conscience. Milgram first described his research in 1963 in an article published in the Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology,[1] and later discussed his findings in greater depth in his 1974 book, Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.[2]

In Milgram's first set of experiments, 65 percent (26 of 40)[1] of experiment participants administered the experiment's final massive 450-volt shock, though many were very uncomfortable doing so; at some point, every participant paused and questioned the experiment; some said they would refund the money they were paid for participating in the experiment.

In the 2010 French documentary, Le Jeu de la Mort (The Game of Death), researchers recreated the Milgram experiment with an added critique of reality television by presenting the scenario as a game show pilot. Volunteers were given €40 and told they would not win any money from the game, as this was only a trial. Only 16 of 80 "contestants" (teachers) chose to end the game before delivering the highest voltage punishment.[27][28]

So in 2010, 80% of the subject followed orders till the death of the subject.

And then we wonder why the holocaust happened. BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SHEEPLE... that's why.

And that 61%-80% range is in the AVERAGE joe... not the brainwashed soldiers or cops that will follow orders at a MUCH HIGHER rate. Put a cop or a soldier in there with his superior and you'll hit 95%+ rate, I'm sure of it.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Prof. Dr. Jens Krause

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by kolder

Cheezus dont you people ever learn???? Natural news is not a reliable source...at all...its worse than faux news

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah that's called the Milgram experiment.

Milgram experiment

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of notable social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram, which measured the willingness of study participants to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts that conflicted with their personal conscience. Milgram first described his research in 1963 in an article published in the Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology,[1] and later discussed his findings in greater depth in his 1974 book, Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.[2]

In Milgram's first set of experiments, 65 percent (26 of 40)[1] of experiment participants administered the experiment's final massive 450-volt shock, though many were very uncomfortable doing so; at some point, every participant paused and questioned the experiment; some said they would refund the money they were paid for participating in the experiment.

In the 2010 French documentary, Le Jeu de la Mort (The Game of Death), researchers recreated the Milgram experiment with an added critique of reality television by presenting the scenario as a game show pilot. Volunteers were given €40 and told they would not win any money from the game, as this was only a trial. Only 16 of 80 "contestants" (teachers) chose to end the game before delivering the highest voltage punishment.[27][28]

So in 2010, 80% of the subject followed orders till the death of the subject.

And then we wonder why the holocaust happened. BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SHEEPLE... that's why.

And that 61%-80% range is in the AVERAGE joe... not the brainwashed soldiers or cops that will follow orders at a MUCH HIGHER rate. Put a cop or a soldier in there with his superior and you'll hit 95%+ rate, I'm sure of it

I studied the Milgram Study in A-Level Psychology, it was actually quite frightening to watch the video as many of the shock deliverers kept on giving the shocks out even though they could hear the person creaming next door (although he was pretending), however the ones giving the shocks out thought it was genuine.

Money is the head of the snake in all of this.

Money, money and more money to control the masses.

BOO!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join