It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran do a hit in Texas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
It has all the markings of a professional hit. Although Houston has a high murder rate, it is exceptionally rare for somebody to be shot in the head in their driveway, and nothing was stolen. Crimes of passion usually are done with violence and the person shot plenty of times. It was done early in the morning as she was leaving (for work, I assume), so somebody knew her schedule, and the shots couldn't have been too loud, otherwise neighbors might hear (possibly a silencer).

The only fly in the ointment is that she was detained and distracted speaking to an "ex" boyfriend on the phone at the time. This is slightly suspicious, because talking on the phone meant she couldn't really hear anybody come up on her (besides the fact that the car was running). How many of us talk to an ex first thing in the morning? Did he call her, or did she call him?

Oddly enough, the car was put in drive instead of reverse, indicating a panicked last-minute attempt at driving away after already being shot.

She was on her way home not away so there was no panicked attempt at trying to get away. Some of us stay friends with exes and his current girlfriend was also present and gave a statement. It was about midnight. Neighbors did hear the shots and called 911. A second call was made when a neighbor saw the crashed car still running and the young lady slumped over the console.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

She was a student not yet a scientist. MD Anderson is one of the premier cancer centers anywhere in the world. I doubt that as a student she was involved in anything that might make her important enough to be considered tit for tat for an Iranian scientist.

Oh, not directed at you, the post regarding the restaurant with the picture of Iranians hanging, its been there for 30 years, I doubt someone has now decided to act on it.

Considering what's been going on locally I would say robbery or car jacking. It wouldn't be the first time here that the carjackers shot first. They don't always just ask you to get out of the car. It has become somewhat normal here for them to just shoot you and drag you out of the car.

The area she lived in was VERY upscale so I would go with just normal violent crime in Houston. And don't believe the stats. They are always "adjusted" to make the city look better. There have been several local news stories over the years (sorry no links) of the police changing the reports to show a less violent crime so that the stats look good.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Heres some photos of the protest her group put on in Texas.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And from SabzHouston own webste. Related to what I was saying about the Color Proest and Spring uprisings.
sabzhouston.org...

From Azadi Sq. in Tehran to Tahrir Sq. in Cairo - Dictators Must Go!
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011
Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Street: 5718 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77057

From Azadi Sq. in Tehran to Tahrir Sq. in Cairo - Dictators Must Go!
Including Ben Ali, Mubarak, and Khamenei!

We will join Egyptians and freedom loving citizens of Houston who are celebrating the departure of Mubarak and demanding a smooth transition into democracy.

We will also have postcards to be signed, addressed to the UN. The focus of the post cards is on the recent wave of executions by the illegitimate Iranian regime.

The Iranian government executes 1 PERSON every 8 HOURS. Most often the courts are held behind closed doors and without access to legal representation. The MURDERERS must be held accountable.

They even connect themselves to those events. And the Facebook page listed with this event shows her as listed as going.

www.facebook.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

I have noticed that people have been dropping like flys here. But only one or two a day. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if some of these were typical home invasions or car robberies, but I think in cases like this there is more too it. And they are dropping moderately with an elaborate story usually. So that no one might notice.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Whats wrong with those people?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean whats wrong with those people?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Please forgive my ignorance but those people are asking for support from the UN?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Gelareh B. Irani

we are all united .. it doesn't matter if I am Iranian or you are Egyptian, the only matter is we are all against the DICTATORSHIP in Middle East

"\/" congrats guys .. next will be my people and my country on 14th of Feb. in freedom sq. in TEHRAN "\/"

February 11, 2011 at 9:12pm

I guess she did a lot of posting ith this name. Gelareh B. Irani

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I have nothing against them for wanting to change things in Iran. But I would like to know what they were doing that could make Iran so made to target her or them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.facebook.com...

Gelareh B. Irani

we are all united .. it doesn't matter if I am Iranian or you are Egyptian, the only matter is we are all against the DICTATORSHIP in Middle East

"\/" congrats guys .. next will be my people and my country on 14th of Feb. in freedom sq. in TEHRAN "\/"

February 11, 2011 at 9:12pm

Well this makes it seem more plausible as a hit but not as retaliation for their scientist. Seems they would have considered her as an instigator of revolt.

I guess she did a lot of posting ith this name. Gelareh B. Irani

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How about this post by her.

Gelareh B. Irani

u all know that i can not make it cuz i'm in Washington DC. , but My Heart is with u all
Gelareh

December 31, 2009 at 12:26pm

www.facebook.com...

So she was in Washington DC?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

I have noticed that people have been dropping like flys here. But only one or two a day. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if some of these were typical home invasions or car robberies, but I think in cases like this there is more too it. And they are dropping moderately with an elaborate story usually. So that no one might notice.

I think the majority are typical Houston violent crime. Maybe this was, maybe not. Could just be the spin the local news is putting on it to generate ratings. "Oh its so mysterious. Why would someone shoot HER!" There have been several attempted car jackings in the last few months that happened pretty much like this. There have also been incidents of people waiting at homes and shooting owners as they pull in the driveway. No warning no nothing. Shoot and take car.

All our local stations are constantly trying to beat the others and some of the things I hear just make me scream at the television. My husband thinks I'm crazy sometimes.

The way this thread just took off with it being an "assassination" just me reminds of the locals trying to outscream each other.

No offense to anyone participating. Just my reaction to it all since I live in the area.

Could be an assassination but it could just be an attempted car jacking.

ETA: I will bookmark the thread and add updates as I hear them.
edit on 1/17/2012 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I guess her father Ebrahim Bagherzadeh was owed 20 million dollars by a oil company. HRD Corp dba Marcus Oil and Chemical. They filed for bankruptcy the next day after the court ruling.

www.bizjournals.com...

HRD Corp., which does business as Marcus Oil & Chemical, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July, reportedly owing Dow Chemical Co. $68 million, and a chemist who once worked for the company more than $20 million. According to the bankruptcy filing, HRD has $6.7 million in assets and owes more than $100 million to creditors.

Court records show that the $20 million owed to Ebrahim Bagherzadeh is an arbitration award for research he conducted while under contract with the company. Dow Chemical, based in Midland, Mich., with facilities in Houston, is seeking $68 million in an ongoing contract dispute.

I guess this is the patents.
www.docstoc.com...

www.docstoc.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmm didn't the Obama Administration just pass new patent laws?

www.physicstoday.org...

First, the act does not implement a pure first-to-file system, but rather implements a variation referred to as a “first-inventor-to-file” system. The distinction is important, particularly for scientists, because a major difference from a pure first-to-file system is that it permits, and even encourages, publication of the invention before it is filed with the patent office—provided the applicant adheres to certain critical provisos.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Sure I agree.

But I think this may have more than likely been an assasination.

The shooter did not jack her car or take anything, he just shot her and fled the scene. Then the boyfriend declined to comment. (I pay attention to body language.) I do not think he was an accomplice. But I do think maybe he had some idea what had happened and was in a state of shock and feared commenting, plus he had not yet taken the time to reflect on the situation before he was asked to comment.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First there is a couple of pieces of critical information missing :

1. How many shots were fired ? From what distance ? How accurate ? What caliber ?
(Determining the capabilities and proficiency of the shooter)

2. What do the video surveillance tapes show ?
(Several were obtained by H.P.D. )

My gut instinct as a seasoned investigator, tells me this has more to do with the $20 million owed her
father or a hot headed ex-boyfriend.

Buck

edit on 18-1-2012 by flatbush71 because: spelling

Why was her car pointed in the wrong direction ? Did she attempt to flee ?
(Her car was headed in the opposite direction of her parking garage )
Was the shooter known to her ?
(Advanced knowledge of where she would be and when, type of vehicle etc. )

Niru-ye Qods assets would never discharge a weapon in such a quiet location, knowing in advance it would trigger calls to the local authorities.
edit on 18-1-2012 by flatbush71 because: More info

edit on 18-1-2012 by flatbush71 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

hi
i think this student is not important person for iran!.
on the contrary, i think this is another attack to iran!.
for example, an attack on media.
i've searched on the internet and i found this page
:
www.shorttext.com...

out side of the media attack on iran.
(i hope this helps.)

edit on 18-1-2012 by danialll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by JBA2848

The girl. She was majoring in some sort of science at a major University wasn't she?

Also I saw Hillary Clinton pushing a global initiative for women's rights on CSPAN about a week ago.

Genetics and Chemistry. A friend of mine knew her. Also this happened in a very nice and rich part of Houston.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join