It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran do a hit in Texas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Seems with all the talk of Iran having someone killed in their country and blaming the US,UK,Israel and any other country they don't like. Seems a hit done in Texas on a woman who is behind protest in Iran for womens rights gets no attention at all. Who would benifit from doing the hit on the woman? Could this be a eye for an eye? You kill one of ours we will kill one of yours?

This article seems to make nothing of it.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Gelareh Bagherzadeh, 30, was found slumped over the wheel of her car after being shot in the head on the wealthy housing estate in Houston where her family lived.

The vehicle crashed into the door of a garage and when officers arrived they found its engine still running and the tires spinning.

Ms Bagherzadeh was apparently speaking on her mobile to an ex-boyfriend at the time of her death, who heard what may have been her final moments.

This article although basicly the same seems to have some interesting comments from people trying to keep the blame from being put on Iran.
www.iranian.com...

Gelareh Bagherzadeh: Murdered in Houston
Anti-IRI activist shot in her car

>>> watch video link
A woman was found shot and killed in her vehicle near the Galleria early Monday. Houston police said the shooting happened on August Drive near Sugar Hill Drive early Monday. According to investigators, someone walked up to the passenger's side of 30-year-old Gelareh Bagherzadeh's car and shot her in the head. Bagherzadeh's body was found inside her running car, which crashed into a garage, detectives said. "We don't know if she was being followed at the time," Sgt. Richard Bolton said. Officers said Bagherzadeh's ex-boyfriend was on the phone with her when he heard what may have been the crash and gunshots. "He said she screamed for her life," said Lorena Lopez, one of Bagherzadeh's close friends. "He heard screeching and he assumed it was a car accident." The ex-boyfriend was questioned, but is not considered a suspect.

from Ghormeh Sabzi

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 17/1/12 by argentus because: replaced quote tags with ex tags

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Some comments from above article.

Not so fast!
by Rastgoo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 04:01 PM PST

This is very sad. But every crime must have a motive. Why would the IRI bother to assassinate someone that is not a huge opposition figure? Think about it if they want to take the risk of carrying out a political assassination in a country that is itching to attack Iran, why pick her? Why not pick Sazegara or Amir Arjomand or Vahedi? They're walking around without any protection. It just doesn't add up. I think this is probably a non-sanctioned murder by an IRI supporter or some other disgruntled person. May be she was fighting off some of her American detractors who just want to bomb eye-ran. I did that when I was in college in the 80's but luckily never got shot! I would bet that was the case. Arguing with some racist red neck who was calling for the bombing of her homeland. I'm pretty sure they'll catch the culprit since it was not a professional job. God bless her soul.

Highly unlikely
by Siavash300 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 01:41 PM PST

We don't know the motive of this murder, but it doesn't seem to be politically motivated. Here is some number about Houston homocide rate. The owner of that restaurant who has poster against Iranian may hired someone to do this crime. Who know? FBI should check that guy status as well.

Houston's murder rate ranked 46th of U.S. cities with a population over 250,000 in 2005 (per capita rate of 16.3 murders per 100,000 population).[175] In 2010, the city's murder rate (per capita rate of 11.8 murders per 100,000 population) was ranked sixth among U.S. cities with a population of over 750,000 (behind New York City, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles)[176] according to the FBI.

My condolence to her family and friends.

Hate Crime?
by Cyrus Virus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 01:28 PM PST

Everyone here is quick to believe that this was a professional "hit." Has it not occurred to anyone, that this also could have been a racially motivated "hate crime," based on her ethnicity and national origin? Middle Eastern folks are not too popular in the U.S right now, and this young woman was Middle Eastern. I really hope law enforcement is checking in on that angle...

www.click2houston.com...

edit on 17/1/12 by argentus because: changed quote tags to ex tags

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They have done hits all over the world, so this wouldn't surprise me at all if true.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

We do hits all over the world too.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So Rastgoo the first commenter above.
www.iranian.com...

by Rastgoo
09-Feb-2010

Once a week I am blessed with an opportunity to watch Iranian Diaspora’s satellite television in all its anachronistic glory. The programs are often replete with heavy doses of nostalgia dripping with hubris.

Flipping through the channels it is almost a certainty to find at least one lamenting broadcaster preaching the infallibility of the Aryan race and the utter disgrace that the “Arab invasion” has inflicted upon Iran and Iranians. Others watching with me almost unanimously agree with the broadcaster but then ironically at the first opportunity they head off to say their noon prayers!

edit on 17-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by Chamberf=6

We do hits all over the world too.

2nd.

Never said we didn't did I?

I was answering the question of the OP.

3rd.
edit on 1/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Eye for an eye would be if they killed an American scientist. However I wouldnt rule it out, but all you have is an assasination, could be some other ex boyfriend, a carjack gone bad and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
it will have been,we are in an eye for an eye situation it will only end when everyone is blind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Could be onto something about the reach of Iran's evil.

I ordered a pizza with double cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms not 1 hour ago.

Pizza came without mushrooms.

This reeks of Iranian evil doing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I know the Us does hits all over. I even had a thread on the j=hits befor the Osama Bin Laden raid.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But with the recent hit in Iran im not to sure the US played a role. I think it was Israel with the help of The People's Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI, also MEK, MKO) who are based in France.link And don't forget Sarkozy has been on the war path every since the US gave them the lead at NATO. But until now I thought France was just wanting to attack Africa. You could read more on that here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It has all the markings of a professional hit. Although Houston has a high murder rate, it is exceptionally rare for somebody to be shot in the head in their driveway, and nothing was stolen. Crimes of passion usually are done with violence and the person shot plenty of times. It was done early in the morning as she was leaving (for work, I assume), so somebody knew her schedule, and the shots couldn't have been too loud, otherwise neighbors might hear (possibly a silencer).

The only fly in the ointment is that she was detained and distracted speaking to an "ex" boyfriend on the phone at the time. This is slightly suspicious, because talking on the phone meant she couldn't really hear anybody come up on her (besides the fact that the car was running). How many of us talk to an ex first thing in the morning? Did he call her, or did she call him?

Oddly enough, the car was put in drive instead of reverse, indicating a panicked last-minute attempt at driving away after already being shot.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
An eye for an eye would be because the US pays and funds descent groups that post to the internet to attack their own country. Hell they even get to be tax exempt.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

oops wrong guy
edit on 17-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's the 1950s all over again but instead of seeing "Commies" around every corner, you see Iranians!

Same s***, different day.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just so people know how this woman would play a role as a US agent "an eye for a eye". every body by now knows about the "Spring Uprisings" that were pulled off to over throw governments acroos the world. Most people know that it was more than a spontaneous event that just happened out of no where. There was a early version that happened which was the "Color Protest" China was a early target of a Color Protest and shut it down. They even built the Great China Firewall because of it and hacked Google and other companies like Twitter in defense. USAID has been playing with the media around the world for a while now. The Color Protest were tried and stopped because they did not hide the groups leaders who were starting them. Arrest were made and trails were followed that shu them down befor they could grow out of control. Then USAID began placing news reporters training bloggers hiring students and begining a Occupy Wall Street style protest where leaders of the protest could not be found prventing the trail from being followed. And you ended up with the Spring Uprisings that brought down leaders around the world. Just take Egypt for example.

egypt.usaid.gov...

DEMOCRACY AND GOVERNANCE
USAID supports Egyptian programs aimed at strengthening the administration of justice and improving access to justice for women and disadvantaged groups; promoting decentralization of fiscal, political and administrative governance; promoting more competitive and transparent electoral processes; and strengthening the organizational and advocacy capabilities of civil society organizations. USAID is proud to have helped the Government of Egypt achieve the following milestones:

Reduced opportunities for corruption and increased transparency and operational efficiency in 13 of Egypt’s 29 governorates through the successful piloting of court automation in eight courts throughout the country, and development of the software which allowed the Government of Egypt to independently automate an additional five courts;

Providing legal and professional training to 3,000 judges and staff, including a comprehensive training program for the first female judges ever appointed to the Courts of First Instance;

Improvement of mediation and counseling services through training for mediation staff and family court judges, and grants to local non-governmental organizations, collectively benefitting approximately 16,000 children and 8,700 families;

Training 600 of the nation’s 4,000 prosecutors on defendants’ legal rights and developing a legal data base and a handbook on the right to counsel for use by prosecutors nationwide, helping to ensure that new legislation is meaningfully implemented;

Production of a national strategy for decentralization, and implementation of pilot models in Assiut, Qena, and Beheira governorates to increase local revenues and citizen involvement;

Supporting more than 100 joint community-local government initiatives to solve local problems and providing civic education and leadership training to more than 47,000 women, students and youth across the country;

Protecting human rights through the establishment of Child Protection Committees in all 29 governorates across the country, a nationwide human rights education campaign and the distribution of 180,000 children’s books on human rights;

Provision of training to more than 2,000 media professionals combined with strengthening six media training institutions in Cairo;

Increasing access to local news and information, through launching of the country’s first weekly supplement in a national paper in Alexandria, and increasing readership of a local paper by 50 percent in Minya;

Developing a trained cadre of more than 13,000 local election observers nationwide and supporting the issuance of 1,250 national identification and voting cards to facilitate citizen participation in national and local elections.

For more information, contact the USAID/Egypt Public Outreach Office at
tel: (202) 2522-6557 or visit egypt.usaid.gov...

US trained 3,000 judges and staffs,more than 2,000 media professionals,more than 13,000 local election observers. Egypt gave away control to the US. And when they tryed the "Spring Uprising" no wonder Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak could not stop them. The new Democratic President Barak Obama won and got rid of the Republican President George Bush's puppet for secret torture camps. Yes Bush outsourced torture to Mubarak.
www.ikhwanweb.com...

BACKGROUND: ’Dirty and seamless’: Egypt’s torture is our torture (Chris Hedges)
In a report on the American outsourcing of terror, author Chris Hedges noted Monday that one of the front corporations used by the U.S. national security state to ’render’ torture victims to Egypt

And USAID is doing this all over the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And this woman Gelareh Bagherzadeh was involved with a Color Protest in Iran. The Day of Rage.Occupy Wall Street style protest of Iran. She was part of Sabaz Houston who was part of the color protest in Iran. USAID probly liked her because she could read and write in the language which is big plus when speaking with people in Iran through a blog or twitter. Knowing the area in Iran would be very important. Then she would be swept away with a good cause such as womens rights and used as a pawn in a propaganda war. See the US even though most people don't know it are shutting down foreign press and bloggs and preventing people in the US from reading foreign news. The news that you would find on the internet. Would show up with a .ir sayng its from Iran. But most likely and speaically if it is in english, its the US media, bloggers or propaganda you are reading. If there is a option for English on the news its most likely a USAID funded news site. Local news in a country like Iran has no reason to make it available in English. And don't let them BS you and say its because every body has gone global. Most of the countries the US hates is the same countries who refuse to go global. North Korea,Iran,Cuba and Venzuala all could care less about being a part of the global corporations of the world who rob every body and start wars all for profit. It used o be called "Voice of America" the propaganda of the old now I guess you could say its been updated.en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The girl. She was majoring in some sort of science at a major University wasn't she?

Also I saw Hillary Clinton pushing a global initiative for women's rights on CSPAN about a week ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

www.linkedin.com...

University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center Molecular Genetic Technology
2010 – 2012 (expected)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in the Houston area. Here are links to the local news stations stories.

www.khou.com...

www.click2houston.com...

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8506815

www.myfoxhouston.com...

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted while I was typing. If so, I apologize for duplicate information.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

ah see, i knew there was more to it than just being an activist.

Actually when I saw this news break I thought the exact same thing you did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join