It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone on the forum heard the so-called groaning sounds, being reported on the Internet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freee

its just that time of a spacetime thats repeated in this time-loop of aura(our)-a-s-pacetime again
so the 'uf'os are in the loop? or the coz of it to repeat? as they repete too
edit on 17-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It was really strange. I heard it a few hours ago while napping. I was just about to fall asleep (I can sometimes remember the moment I fall into dreamland), and suddenly a horn blast, sort of like a train. Two of them, one following the other.

Probably just sub conscious being a troll though.

However, this is the second time it has happened. The first time it happened was about a month ago while falling asleep in the car. I accidentally fell asleep while still conscious (one of those rare accidental lucid dreams), as there I heard them. They sounded like the trumpets at the opening of Inception, but not "buh BUH...bu BUH.." More like " Buuuuuh...Buuuuuh"

Strange times I guess.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

confirmed. I live in Joliet, and I heard it one night aroudn christmas. It was weird enough that I stood and listened for maybe ten minutes. Glad it wasn't just me that heard it.

For those of you who are screaming hoax, I'm not the type to perpetuate a rumour. I heard it with my own ears. Haven't heard it since though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
this is the only topic that i want debunked ..where are all the Ats skeptics?? id sleep easier

I'm with ya!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I thought it was a lil facinating when i first read about it on here now its getting tedious on here n youtube.... I guess until i actually hear it myself im gonna call BS and pretend to not give two sh*ts.
edit on 18-1-2012 by dayve because: .

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ive heard it here, outside nashville, I didnt record it........i guess i just couldnt be bothered tho , its been about 3 months ago, at the time i didnt think much of it until lately....

I live in the country , dont get road noise or anything like that out here......

I thought it was a jet..........and then after about 5 min my subconscious said, "hey uhh, that jet is still there"

Lasted about 45 min from what I can recall, was quite odd.........then it just stopped and resonated for a sec and that was it

Im a bout 20 min from bell witch cave.......maybe she was testing her hoverbroom

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wow this insanity is going viral!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Huh, ....... Yeah there is, you just have to slow down a bit and read those ten pages. Contact your local scientific community, I am sure that this gets a great deal of attention you just have to look for it.

Town meetings happen to discuss these sounds in many states, and do their best to find a solution and answers, again search and explore before adding repitious malarky. Another thread does not pose for a better answer, yet gather a bulk of knowledge and wisdom by joining minds.

I'm working on a thread now, it's called

Wait for it.....

CRAZY, LOUD, VIBRATING NOISES IN MY BACKYARD, (PROOF)

Good luck if I find the answer i will look through the 100 and o find you and let you know, sorry, couldn't help myself.. If you want to know my serious answer, I'm thinking underground MagLev trainway system, and where activated, the rumble starts, thoughts?

Much love

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I heard a strange noise last winter while in Charleston, S.C. I heard over several nights, late at night. I figured it was a train or maybe even military jets from the near by base. Then it didn't quite sound like either exactly. Especially since it went on for at least a half hour each time. It sounded like a rusty old train creaking along slowly on the tracks sort of, idk.

Didn't record it because at the time I didn't think much of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I have heard something highly strange but there could be an infinite number of natural explanations for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I know this will be hard to believe..

But I heard this sound weeks ago in South Australia.

probably around 3:30am no video or audio, so i guess it never happened, lol

What is funny is that a lot of people on this site claim they heard and saw things (UFO) and such... while having a smoke outside... This is what i was doing lol.

Edited Note:
When i first heard it, i thought it was a big truck breaking or something but a deeper tone, then maybe some sort of train echoing through the silence of the night but it just kept continuing, then i heard almost singing voices and it seemed to have a tune to it and I thought that maybe one of the neighbors was having a late night Xbox session as it almost sounded like the background music and effects you would hear in a tomb raider game. But if it was then they were playing it on some ridiculous Surround Sound system with all the speakers outside pointing to the sky...

then i butted out my cigarette and went back inside to continue working.

This is what i remember going through my head when i heard it.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Vaski because: added extra info

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Ive heard it here, outside nashville, I didnt record it........i guess i just couldnt be bothered tho , its been about 3 months ago, at the time i didnt think much of it until lately...

This just proves that this whole thing is insanity.

Listen to those videos. If you heard a really loud groaning noise like the monster off Cloverfield, you are just going to shrug it off and continue peeling your potatoes? I don't think so. These days everyone carries around a phone that can take video and if you heard this you'd either crap your pants and run somewhere or get your phone out and record it. If you heard something that caused you you to not "think much of it until lately" then it was not the sound being reported in all these fake videos.

Basically, vid or didn't happen - to coin a nice meme.

Lunatic fringe is that way -->.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Heard it in UK sometime last year and i didn't think much of it at the time although my mind went full alert. I know what a train sounds like i live close to railway but this one time it sounded like a train directly above the house and it never faded away the sound just came from nowhere and then stopped suddenly.

What is good about where i live is that the council usually sends us a letter before they start working on something to let us know what the noise is beforehand. If a sound lasts more than a few minutes we know what it is already. This crazy sound only lasted seconds.

ETA: What i mean by not thinking much at the time is that i didn't dive over to the windows and freak out on the street banging on the neighbours doors to see if they heard it as well, it was early in the morning i don't want to appear too sketchy and it hasn't happened again. If i hear it again, i will post.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

This just proves that this whole thing is insanity.

How does it prove its insanity?

I just didnt think to record it.......despite what many might think, my life isnt online.......so providing proof to ATS about anything didnt even come into the realm thought....

I know what I heard and so do most around my area (its a really really small out of the way place)

Yes, it was strange........but strange things happen..........

Like i said, i didnt even think to post anything about it until I started seeing all the reports, then i found it odd that it was happening to so often at other points on the globe....

And apparently you didnt read my post........I said nothing of the cloverfield sound.........I dont even know what cloverfield sounds like..

"Vid or it didnt happen" doesnt do it for me......infact i think theres a thread on that nonsense....after all, isnt it the vids you are claiming are fake? If thats the case, it seems "Vids or it didnt happen" is a futile effort dont you think
your retort holds no water......troll somewhere else new guy, ive been here a while and am too familiar with the tactics

edit on 18-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

also in Joliet, heard something around the same time. wrote it off as the rusty lift bridge.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I heard something like this towards the end of last year.

It was late at night and I was having difficulty getting to sleep, when I heard a low rumbling. It was very quiet to begin with, but got louder rapidly. As it became more intense it felt like my head was vibrating, then the whole room. It seemed so loud I couldn't believe it hadn't woken the whole street. Eventually it died down, but I was quite thoroughly unnerved by the experience.

I live by a main road and the railway through my town, and I can completely discount both of those as explanations. I have lived here for 25 years, I know what trains and traffic sound like. To me it felt like the sound was coming from the sky, and passing overhead from one side of my house to another, moving very slowly.

I'm certain plenty of people are jumping on the bandwagon and creating hoax videos, but I can't deny I find the phenomena extremely interesting, and a little disturbing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
man this is so weird if it's true. I noticed more people from Uk, so maybe it's some kind of loud speaker hoax? I haven't heard it though., but hoping to

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Pretty hard to "show" proof with vids or audio...people will just scream fake - yes I do know a few of the vids are faked hoax material....but unless you can take a second vid of you recording the first vid and then have someone else post a realtime vid of you filming yourself, filming the event....well you can see where this is going...lol.
But anyway...quite a few of us - pre vid and post vid on youtube have experienced this. And yes I will call it just that, and experience. Once you do as well.....you will know - def not a hoax, unless they can now tap direct to the brain for downloadable direct to brain viral hoaxing
- of course anything these days is possible. more and more we get proven that us little masters of our own universe have no freaking clue whatsoever of what is truly reality and what is in the universe surrounding us....
Anyway....keep up the good work trying to make sense of this all....if we ever will. I plan to keep plodding on in search of...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Very interesting... S&F. I'm surprised more places haven't posted a video (if this really was heard around the world). Do you really think it was one of the heavenly trumpets?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

That would explain why I heard nothing. I usually go to bed around 10:30...so I wouldn't have heard it. I kind of wish I would have, so I could weigh in on the idea.

Oh well...I can still offer an opinion!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join