It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banging sound heard in CO prior to an Earthquake..I heard these sounds!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I found this on youtube while researching the UAS all over ATS and the net

I heard these EXACT SOUNDS LAST WEEKEND while helping my girlfriend's uncle move.
Now, I live in Gastonia NC, which is a fairly large town, and wrote the noise off as garbage trucks or other mechanical equipment and wrote it off, til i heard THIS video!!
Anyone else in my area hear these bangings around the 7th of January?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I live near Mt. Holly, which is near gastonia for those that aren't familiar with the area. I don't recall hearing those sounds last weekend however I have heard similar sounds in the area before. It's hard to say if it would be anything to it however with all the large truck traffic on the interstate and the air traffic into and out of Charlotte.

Although last Saturday night I saw the most bizarre meteor in the sky as I was passing the airport on 485 heading home from work. It was bright green and looked like it was traveling straight down, as opposed to across the sky, and seemed quite close to where I was.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mus8472

thats why i wrote it off as heavy equipment til i heard this
I go outside to smoke, and trust me, for now on, I am carrying my video camera LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yea I thought I heard something several months back but there was a plane passing by so I figured it was some weird echo off that. I clearly heard the plane but there was another sound in the background that lasted longer than the sound of the plane but faded shortly after it went by. Also remember it was only a few years ago when there was the earthquake up near Goldsboro.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hmmm sort of looks like the Colorado Springs area in the video. Dare I point out NORAD is in that area... Not to forget the Airforce academy is in that area too. If the noise in Colorado was an isolated case I would say it would have something to do with NORAD or the USAF. But it's not an isolated case... Just adding info to the pool in hopes it helps us find out what the hell is going on...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My sister lives in Colorado Springs and I'm going out for her wedding in may. You better believe I'm going to pay attention and be ready to record.

Any idea when that video was made? I would be curious as to weather she heard anything at the time this was taken. She spends a lot of time hiking in the mountains so I should ask if she's heard anything like this before.
edit on 17-1-2012 by mus8472 because: (no reason given)

So yea, she's never heard anything like that. Oh well.
edit on 17-1-2012 by mus8472 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This is the noise I hear in the background when I hear that roaring sound....but it's like it is very low, in the distance
ETA: I have to say, I LOVE your avatar!
Been meaning to tell you that for some time

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Was my entry in the tinfoil hat contest

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If that was Colorado springs the answer may be alot more simple than many would expect.
Fort Carson is in that area, and they do live fire exercises, and back in the mountains there are several shooting ranges, almost kind of sounds like something that you would hear from an army base doing live fire exercises. Use to hear them out on the plains east of Colorado Springs. Tanks, Morters, and the occasional black powder rifle.

top topics

join