It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test tube meat would you eat it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Produced in huge vats from muscle cells, the ‘meat without slaughter’ would be kinder to the environment than the real thing and reduce animal suffering,i definitly would'nt,but dought they would'nt let you know your eating it anyhow

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm sure this will become popular with the fast food restaurants. I'd try it just to see what it's like, but i prefer my meat of the bone of a once free and healthy animal.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I could support this. I try not to eat meat. But the problem is that whenever science tries to dabble in manipulating organic material (such as with, to some degree, manipulation of the brain through medication), they have the unfortunate tendency to flub things up. Science is a wonderful thing, but sometimes I feel they have the attitude of, "Not what we ought to do, but what we could do."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd rather eat kangaroo meat.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure. If it was grown in a vat, I would think it would be unstriated muscle fibers; like heart tissue. yuck.

Part of the experience of eating a steak is the intense...carnality .... of muscles made strong by being anchored to bone and grown though a process of exercise as well as simply metabolizing nutrients. I think that, if the muscle grew and was never used, it would taste like veal. I don't eat veal. yuck again.

I would eat it to survive, but it doesn't sound like it would satisfy THE HUNGER, if you know what i mean.

Now I'm beginning to feel....ravenous

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
nah i'll stick to panda steak with some grated puffin on top.

even if its deemed safe to eat i think many wouldnt, they'd rather fish until theres no more fish.
edit on 17/1/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok that seems kind of gross. I'd be all for it if they were makind lobster tail roasts. Mmmmmm lobster tail roast mmmm

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sounds like a big step above spam.

Pass me the crackers, cheese, and ....that ....not spam stuff.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Its a good Idea for the most part depending on taste and shapes of cuts.. I would try it since I know other animals wont have to suffer for me to eat.

Now outta box, imagine animals eating other animals absorb the eaten animals energy and then consider how many animals YOU have eaten and the energy you carry within you from ALL the animals eaten. Now imagine another animal or creature that feeds off only the animals that have eaten many other animals and it would be simpler to ingest the predator animals that contain the most absorbed or eaten energy..

Humans only FEEL top of food chain so humans tend to treat other animals as a MUST be eaten by the to survive. NOW HOW WOULD HUMANS FEEL IF ANOTHER ANIMAL OR CREATURE FED OF THE SPECIES, HUMANS WOULD WANT TO SEE THE ANIMALS OR CREATURES FEEDING OFF THE MEAT SLABS OR HUSK..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'd eat it, but on the other hand it gaining popularity would destroy small time ranchers. My family rents land to one, and he is a hella nice guy, and I would hate for him to be plunged into poverty by such a biological revolution, much like the industrial revolution killed cottage industry.

If this kind of stuff becomes popular real meat will still be on the menu as a high quality item, methinks. It'll probably be marketed as 'cruelty free', but it will probably be lies, and it will probably be provided the 'big boys' of agriculture.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't eat it, I can
imagine the chemicals
they would add to it.
Then 5 years down the
line we find out its not
fit to eat. I eat very little
meat and if that was the
only choice we had I
would go vegan all the
way.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

they are altering brains with chips now,or soon

www.dailymail.co.uk...
e dit on 17-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

One of the enduring common points shared by occult groups throughout the ages has been that they are strict vegetarians.
Hitler forced all his troops to become vegetarians.
God endorsed meat eating so Satan will force the opposite.

This is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd try it.. hell, I probably already am trying it!

If what people are saying, they could add this or that is true... no matter what weird thing they come up with, they could be adding to it. We'd never know.

All that being said... lets all get along, support the government, cuddle trees and keep our eyes on the floor.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can they grow it in "bun length" test tubes.

Just hate it when the last bite is nothing but bun.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No thanks. I'll continue to hunt my own and butcher my own food, thank you very much. Hell, I really no longer care for commercially processed food of any nature any more. Fresh (and wild) is just a lot more healthy and a lot more intelligent in this era of bio-engineered and genetically manipulated horrible foods.

new topics

top topics

join