It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I've been trying to upload an avatar for a while now but I'm still having trouble, I've tried uploading pictures to ATS to use them as avatars and I've also looked at the possibility of uploading to the ATS Media website but that tells me image uploads have been disabled.

Is there something I'm missing? When I do have a link that I want to use as an avatar when I try to save it the image still doesn't show.

Sorry if I've missed something simple.

Thanks for your help in advance!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CheekyRob

Hi CheekyRob, to up-load images to ATS servers
Above you will see the blue tool bar.
click "Tools+", under tools you will see "ATS uploads".
Click that and follow the instructions.
If you have any other questions feel free to message me or any staff at anytime.

Sauron
Super-Moderator

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi Sauron,

Many thanks for the really quick reply. I just copied the link exactly from the ATS Uploads page and saved it to my profile settings but for some reason the image won't show up.

This is the direct link I was given on the ATS Uploads page

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there a reason why uploads are disabled on the media.ATS page?

Thank you for your kind help

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob
Hi Sauron,

Many thanks for the really quick reply. I just copied the link exactly from the ATS Uploads page and saved it to my profile settings but for some reason the image won't show up.

This is the direct link I was given on the ATS Uploads page

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there a reason why uploads are disabled on the media.ATS page?

Thank you for your kind help

The old uploads page was locked when ATS brought in the new, streamlined media center.

As for your avatar, are you sure you used the code for avarar? There are four options; use in a post, Create thumbnail link, External full URL link, and, at the top: Use in ATS mini-profile:.

If you click on AVATAR under "Use in ATS mini-profile:", it will take you directly to your profile page with the code already loaded up. Then all you have to do is hit SUBMIT under your avatar and it should upload for you.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's a size issue. That pic is huge. It'll have to be resized to fit specs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That makes sense! Thank you! I thought ATS resized automatically, that's where I was going wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I've tried a few more times with pictures of varying size (this one being the smallest) img.abovetopsecret.com...

and I'm still having trouble. It should work as it's small enough but it doesn't seem to want to. I'm also having trouble with setting a background image behind the avatar.

The only time I have ever gotten an avatar to work was through the media.ats page but as uploading images to that site has been disabled I really don't know what to do.

Thhanks for you're kind help anyway
It's much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Fixed! I didn't click save after selecting the avatar. Silly me!

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here...

Try this.
Click the link below the pic and upload it in Tools/ATS uploads [or quote] this reply and copy and save]

files.abovetopsecret.com...

When you've uploaded it under the image DO not click on Avatar but click on Profile background then scroll down to [Your Background Image] click submit. That will give you a larger image but you'll need to use this clear image as your "Avatar" linked below. Copy and paste it's location into "Your Avatar" under the tools options and click submit.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob
Fixed! I didn't click save after selecting the avatar. Silly me!

Thanks again.

Looks good.

Never mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you so much for that, I tried to do what you said but the profile info got in the way of the picture you made for me. It would have looked great otherwise. Thank you for helping, I think it makes it easier to read topics when there is an avatar.

If I could give you a star on here I would

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You need to create a clear (blank) GIF image slightly smaller than your avatar picture and save it to "Your Avatar", while setting your actual avatar image to "Your Background Image". The clear GIF pushes the profile info down to where it is supposed to be. You will probably need to fiddle with the size of the clear GIF to get it right.

You're avatar looks fine though the way it is, if you can't follow what I'm saying.

EDIT TO ADD: Try this PNG clear image, it's the one I use over my avatar...

^^^^^It's there, I promise
Just right-click to the left side of the blank space and save the image.
edit on 18/1/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You're fantastic, it worked brilliantly. I really can't thank you enough for your help.

I can't give you a star here for your great work but I'll have a look at your post history and star you there :-)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Hi CheekyRob, to up-load images to ATS servers
Above you will see the blue tool bar.
click "Tools+", under tools you will see "ATS uploads".
Click that and follow the instructions.
If you have any other questions feel free to message me or any staff at anytime.

Sauron
Super-Moderator

A seems i don't have enough Avatar threads on how to load mine.
edit on 18-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

No worries mate, glad I could help! You're avatar looks fantastic now

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yay it worked,thanks mate.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

thanks for asking and thanks to the "super" for posting. forgot the avtr dimeniosns off hand and founf this post in 27 seconds !

top topics

join