It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
the booming sand dunes all over the world make the same noise when the top layer of sand releases kinetic energy when going down the bottom layer.so maybe the crust of the earth is starting to slide over the mantle layer.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

The last part of the video made me think to ask this question. Is it even possible to transmit a signal from deep space that once it reaches an atmosphere it turns into sound? What happens to sound waves once it enters space?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
and for the religious

en.wikipedia.org...

"The fifth trumpet sound is the "first Woe" of three. Before this trumpet sounds, an eagle-like angel appears, flying in mid-heaven, and warns, "Woe, woe, woe, to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!""

could be viral marketing for a 2012 end of the world religious movie similar to Left Behind movie.

This same sound was also used in the movie "Red State" as the religious fanatics leave the building hearing loud trumpets from heaven and give up. Only to find out it was a prank played on them by neighbors.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I do not know if anyone works in the oilfield but this sound sounds almost exactly like drill pipe under stress during drilling. I do not know if any of these recordings were done near any drilling rigs but the sound is identical. I have also heard very similar sound around pipe testing and manufacturing. I also worked offshore for many years and this is also similar to the sounds of ships and rigs made of steel while under stress. I am not sure if this is a sound that is un-natural but a man made one. It would be interesting to see some sound graphs as comparisons of man made structural steel stresses.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano

Interesting theory. Serious question. I live about 45 minutes inland from the beach/east coast. I have heard this sound before. Do you think its possible I am hearing what is coming from 'offshore'?? In my case, I believe its definately a possibility, then I can agree it's manmade...I cant account for those hearing the sound in the midwestern states, only myself...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
More weird sounds in Canada

edit on 22-1-2012 by canuckdoomer because: bad link

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My biggest qualms with it being fake or not:

1. I don't think anyone took into account that in the baseball video, the staidum where the tampa bay rays play is a dome... How could it broadcast that clear from something outside?

2. Why in one or more video's are there dogs reacting to the sounds? I think that voids any thought of video editing right there....

3. If this is viral marketing I think the hoaxers will be in for a bit of a surprise when they reveal themselves. Many countries authorities i'm sure will not be happy with this. Things like this would violates areas disturbing the peace laws, noise ordinances, etc. etc. etc.

4. Yes these have been popping up everywhere the last week or so, and i'm sure that some of them are indeed fakes. But the fact that these having been being reported for quite some time now, and just seem to be booming kind of says something to me. It seems like these noises are building up towards something we have yet to see.

5.People have had theories saying they knwo exactly what it is describing some sort of man made instrument. but the problem with that is i've heard at least 10 different objects described as "this sounds exactly like that". Apparently a million things sound exactly like this. But do any single one of those things broadcast sound to the extent shown in these videos.....? NO THEY DO NOT

6. The loudest PA system in the world would most likely have trouble competing with the volumes these video's are projecting over such a vast area

EDIT:So I just read an article where someone said this as a comment:

"It really is very simple. The universal constants are changing. The speed of light is changing, and the result is that all elementary particles are changing in size, based on Einsteins equation E=MC2. Since the total energy of the universe is a constant, if C changes, then M changes in the opposite direction to keep E constant.

The sound that is being heard is generated by the contraction of atoms and the stress created in the earth’s crustal plates as a result. This is the same force that accounts for the upswing in earthquakes and volcanos of late. Expect to see an exponential increase in (1) the sounds, (2) earthquakes, (3) volcanos, (4) sunspot and eruptions on the sun, and (4) extremely severe weather patterns. They are all tied together.

When someone gets around to re-measuring C, they will find about a 4% increase in it’s speed."

Here is said article:
unexplainedmysteriesoftheworld.com...
edit on 22-1-2012 by OGOldGreg because: Adding

edit on 22-1-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
analyses it a bit more closer and you will see if these are real or not.

The bird noises you hear are the same and has anyone even listened to see if they recognise the species of bird making that sound, if so do they even reside in that country.

I just wish people would stop faking dumb stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Finally a government agency actually investigating this. hopefully this will bring some answers

news.gather.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
the booming sand dunes all over the world make the same noise when the top layer of sand releases kinetic energy when going down the bottom layer.so maybe the crust of the earth is starting to slide over the mantle layer.

Ummm...no...sand dunes do not make this sound for hundreds of miles...and the earth's crust is not been documented (as of yet) to be moving!

How many sand dunes have you seen in Chicago...or Alaska?

Not plausible!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

if you goto spaceweather .com a person from canada took a pic of an amazing araura that is exactly shaped like an eagle!!!hope this isnt the sighns from god!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
according to something i watched on the history channel it says that the wind of the hills overlooking the dead sea make a howl, and the sound they showed sounded pretty similar to this. any connection?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Interesting how the birds stopped singing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I recorded this this morning.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
so i'm about to watch this. It's 27 minutes long so keep in mind it's a long watch. but it's titled "The mysterious noise 2012". Should be interesting

www.youtube.com...

EDIT:I'm 1 minute in, and this dude already seems like he's completely out of his mind

EDITEDIT: Oh wait nevermind, he has fried chicken and mountain dew. It's ok
edit on 25-1-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

To me it sounds like a metal working machine shop in a residential area without a proper zoning permit

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
yeah don't watch the video i posted. it was dumb.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Pimander
UK Radio telescope at Jodrell Bank, UK is about to attempt to be the first to detect signals from Kepler 22b. The attempt is being televised live on BBC2, as I type this in the UK. If anything of substance occurs I will report back here.

If you are in the UK then turn your TV set onto Stargazing Live right now. There is a live one hour TV debate to follow including on the "search" for ET life.

Ok, so if there is sentient life on Kepler 22b, perhaps they are doing the same things as us - trying to figure out a viable way to send a recognizable signal.

Sooo, given that we don't know their level of technology and they don't know ours, perhaps they have been listening to us in some way for awhile?

Now, doesn't it seem like a coincidence that as of late we have been hearing strange sounds coming from the sky? If they are anything like us perhaps the message they are sending is simply a dicernable sound?

Maybe it's like the movie "Close Encounters" and simple sound is being used to let us know they know?

[ Side note: ]
[ Well, here's another WAG, how long have our television signals been broadcast out into space? I know I watched Close Encounters over 30 years ago on Public TV! ]

If we knew where and when these sounds were heard on our Planet, couldn't we check our planets rotation at the time the sounds were heard to see if these sounds might be coming from the direction of that Planet?

If at this point they have figured out how to listen for amplified sounds coming from our planet, we might want to get out the old synthesizer and send a message out ASAP. If they do hear us, and have the tech to respond quickly, we might just get a fast response back...?
edit on 26-1-2012 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by canuckdoomer

Wow, seriously?

They don't come faker than that. The audio is so overwhelming one would guess he's next to a cinema subwoofer. His own voice unrealistically drowns in the sound. I call shenanigans

edit on 26/1/12 by SergeantTrammelant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ANOTHER GUESS WOULD BE "THE HUM"

The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people. Hums have been reported in various geographical locations. In some cases a source has been located. A Hum on the Big Island of Hawaii, typically related to volcanic action, is heard in locations dozens of miles apart. The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine. Typically, the Hum is difficult to detect with microphones, and its source and nature are hard to localize.

There are several theories under "The Hum" that may explain this phenomenon

#1. Colliding ocean waves

Researchers from the USArray Earthscope have tracked down a series of infrasonic humming noises produced by waves crashing together and thence into the ocean floor, off the North-West coast of the USA. Potentially, sound from these collisions could travel to many parts of the globe.

#2. Spontaneous otoacoustic emissions

Human ears generate their own noises, called spontaneous otoacoustic emissions, which about 30% of people hear. The people that hear these sounds typically hear a faint buzzing or ringing, especially if they are otherwise in complete silence, but most people don't notice them at all.

#3. Tinnitus

Generated by the body, the auditory or the nervous system, with no external stimulus. However, the theory that the Hum is actually tinnitus fails to explain why the Hum can be heard only at certain geographical locations, to the degree those reports are accurate. There may exist individual differences as to the threshold of perception of acoustic or non-acoustic stimuli, or other normal individual variations that could contribute to the perception of the Hum by some people in the population and not by others.
While the Hum is hypothesized to be a form of low frequency tinnitus such as the venous hum, some sufferers claim it is not internal, being worse inside their homes than outside. However, others insist that it is equally bad indoors and outdoors. More mystery is added as some notice the Hum only at home, while others hear it everywhere they go. Some reports indicate that it is made worse by attempted soundproofing (e.g., double glazing), which serves only to decrease other environmental noise, thus making the Hum more apparent. Tinnitus is also generally worse in places with less exterior sound.
People who both suffer from tinnitus and hear the Hum describe them as qualitatively different, and many hum sufferers can find locations where they do not hear the hum at all. An investigation by a team of scientists in Taos dismissed the possibility that the Hum was tinnitus as highly unlikely.

Other explanations:

In the case of Kokomo, Indiana, a city with heavy industries, the source of the hum was thought to have been traced to two sources. The first was a pair of fans in a cooling tower at the local DaimlerChrysler casting plant emitting a 36 Hz tone. The second was an air compressor intake at the Haynes International plant emitting a 10 Hz tone.

Sources:

en.wikipedia.org...

Other possibilities:

7 trumpets of revelations (Bible prophecy)
HAARP
Government made alien UFO technology blasting these noises from the sky
edit on 26-1-2012 by RockerFeller because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join