It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Goes Ballistic when asked for a warrant to search inside veichle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

When the officer asks the driver if he can search his vehicle, it's a casual friendly question. 'Before you take off would you mind if I took a look through your car for any narcotics or anything like that?' he says. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Not without a warrant, man.' the driver responds. The officer seems taken aback by the reply. He repeats the words 'not without a warrant' several times, drawing in short breaths as if he is trying to control his temper. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I am not sure how to analyze the situation. I understand that LEO can only search if they have probable cause and you give up the right to search by consenting, but this smart driver knows his rights as an american citizen and uses them to good effect. This should be basic required teaching for anyone in college.

edit on 16-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/1/2012 by Sauron because: - internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Cops hate it when someone knows the law better than they do.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think in the UK, they can search your car, and get your ID on a traffic stop, without a warrant. But I'm not sure on this.
edit on 16/1/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

ok cool you embedded it now too....

I usually give police officers the benefit of the doubt in all situations, but this is just wrong. Everyone should be able to control their tempers and behavior.

Just to add to the conspiracy though, where are the date and time tags that we usually see on cruiser vids? Maybe this is a training video or some sort of viral marketing....it doesnt give an email address of hm2012 does it?

edit on 16-1-2012 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I kinda feel sorry for the cop - I would bet he's over worked just by his reaction. I get the feeling that he's sick of dealing with people in general.
But the driver has the right to privacy as it is his own property and the law requires a warrant. I'd bet that he did have something in that car but if the police really wanted to stop the war on drugs they should go the big dealers, not people transporting it.

Logic: Cut off the main supply, less people can get supplied, less time wasted by coppers pulling people over to search cars.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That was absolutely hilarious...talk about a break down!

Very unprofessional...better pull him in for additional training...he should of shut the camera off before he went ballistic...his superiors are not going to be happy about that!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I find that video both hysterically funny and at the same time unprofessional on the officer's part. This officer was upset because this guy was using his constitutional right to ask for a warrant to search his car?

This officer knows what he can and can not do. Just because the law doesn't allow him to do what he wanted to do he throws a temper tantrum?
This officer has anger problems and I foresee him getting into trouble in future incidents like this. If he can't control his anger, he should be off the force.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Looks to me that he was playing nice by not giving a speeding ticket in order to get the driver to be more inclined to agree to a search where he thought he could get an arrest. When the driver shut him down he got angry because he had already decided to not give the ticket and now he has nothing to show for his quota.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I love the sensitive UFC wannabe ex military buff muscle Golds Gym types in law enforcement. Always have the macho pets at home Rotweiller or Pit Bull and the wife or girlfriend with the tattoos.

Dear God.....please activate martial law...i feel guilty throwing first punches.
I will push my rage down one more day--thy will be done.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes this cop's info to show up online?

I'll take $10 on 12 hours...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yano, some police are power hungry maniac's, but this one doesn't seem so bad, im sure if he wanted to, he could have caused some trouble, give the guy a break.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Some guys do a good job of wearing the badge, others however let the badge wear them.

Sometimes they forget that "protect and serve" part, and the ego takes over.

I have had two chats with officers in the past few years. (since I have long hair, and ride a harley)

The did not pull me over, but rather approached me just to ask a few questions.

I played along with it....and during the course of the conversation (they are running my plates, checking my license...etc), I show them my other ID, and let them know I have 11 years experience as a military police.

Ha...Ha....you should see the "OH CRAP" look in their eyes.
I'll go briefly into a few times when I had to straighten out a few troops (other MP's) who were in my command, and I understand how officers can overstep their bounds once in a while.

One officer even tried to cover it up by playing buddy buddy with me. " ya know, a friend of mine just bought a harley".........blah blah
edit on 16-1-2012 by vogon42 because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I've seen this video on the site before. It's actually kinda old, so no new viral cop info going out from this post.

What makes me wonder though, is how this video got out in the first place. It's from the cop's own dash cam and I wouldn't imagine the PD would be interested in posting it. I guess the driver requested it, and then put it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Yano, some police are power hungry maniac's, but this one doesn't seem so bad, im sure if he wanted to, he could have caused some trouble, give the guy a break.

Spoken like a true American.
If you're not one already, you'll fit right in over here my friend.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This has been posted at least twice before.

Its a hoax.
A practical joke.
A jape, a fake comedy act designed to entertain.

Here is one of the old threads...

Cop throw complete temper tantrum when can't search car
posted on 2-9-2011 @ 09:23
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit - for your entertainment, here is another joke video that they created...

edit on 16-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ohh come on man. You're ruining my fun. I was all worked up and pissed off at "the man" and then you pull the rug out from underneath me????

Guess I will unload.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

No, his actions were unprofessional. When you put on that uniform, you need to hang your attitude up in that locker (you can pick it back up when your shift is over).

If you cant keep a cool head in a situation like that, it make me worry (and fear for your partners), how you will react to a serious situation.

This was nothing more than a simple traffic stop.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Actually....for a vehicle..they only need reasonable suspicion. But he didn't have that in this case either. Apparently instead of a warrant the cop needed a hug....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yah ...I think the cop also
takes off with doods drivers license.

I also think that if
that was me.
I would have made a quick
call to my lawyer ...

see about getting dood evaluated & off the street

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Someone ought to tell the daily mail that one of their articles isn't true.

It'd probably take them years to figure out which one (after finding 99% of their articles to be full of BS)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join