It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone showing significant activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Pelican cone was the only gauge showing anything around Christmas. That has increased daily in strength and areas. Hoping someone can shed some light on it. I know Puterman is a top dog on this. Any info would be appreciated.
www.isthisthingon.org...
edit on 15-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I remember checking the seismo's maybe a month ago, when pelican cove first started showing activity.

Now pelican cove's chart is pretty much blacked out from all the activity, while the increase in activity in the other charts shows that whatever is causing these tremors, it is increasing.

To me, that seems like a massive jump in just a month. Is it normal for month-long build ups like this, that will gradually subside, or is this just the start of the horrifying inevitable? Scary #, glad I live in Aus.

Stay safe

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar

Appreciate the link but a little info to accompany it is always a nice touch.

Peace

edit on 15-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I really hate misleading threads like this.

www.seis.utah.edu... If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see a 0.5 earthquake today, that is all. Please explain your claim of "signifigant activity",

I know it might be a strech, but please try to post responsiblly. There is nothing going on at Yellowstone other than the normal stuff.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Iamschist because: rearranged, added to, slightly

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yellowstone is one of the most seismically active places on the planet.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You are kidding me right? The instrument has a glitch!! That is all!! This has been covered - repeatedly.... Happy New Year. Start the new year by learning how to read the instruments in Putmans leasons to become informed and not freak yourself or other out!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I call BS on this glitch thing, I suppose madison river, mary lake are glitched too? somethings going on

oops almost forgot Mt. Sheridan, little west thumb, mirror lake, all in Yellowstone all going crazy today
that's a junk load of glitches, all in diff places heh?

just look at the history of these places, they weren't doing this a month ago.
edit on 15-1-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

You are kidding me right? The instrument has a glitch!! That is all!! This has been covered - repeatedly.... Happy New Year. Start the new year by learning how to read the instruments in Putmans leasons to become informed and not freak yourself or other out!

Covered repeatedly? Riiiight. I was going to put you in your place but the person below you already did. Seriously not cool to dismiss so assuredly when you actually didn't bother to check the charts and notice the tremor-spill.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You're kidding me. Did you even check the link? Instrument"s" now. You seem to be a day late and a dollar short.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Pelican cone has a glitch. The rest of the instruments are responding to the winter storm and wind they are experiencing. Link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by hapablab

Pelican cone has a glitch. The rest of the instruments are responding to the winter storm and wind they are experiencing. Link

Geophones reponding to wind?

First I have ever heard of that!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
According to local weather, the winds are light in the northern areas and there is little activity weatherwise toward Mt Sheridan. And wouldn't these sensors all be buried in snow, thus unaffected by winds and falling snow?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Some of the instruments around the park are in the most pecular places - not to mention near main roadways where they can pick up the vibrations from the plow trucks/snow groomers that go by.. - If there was something going on in the park, all the instruments would pick it up - they are set at a very sensitive calibration.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
hmm, this must happen every year then aye. Wind, road activity,snow oh and the passer by er who decides to touch it right. I thought that they were smart enough to put the sensers away from this kind of activity.
I guess they all just did not think then aye.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but Anmarie is right. This HAS been covered numerous times. Not only recently either, but numerous times over the past couple of years.

There are several of us here on ATS that have been faithfully (no pun intended) following Yellowstone for going on three years now. There is a massive thread that is FULL of incredible info. I know that personally, I look HERE daily, usually several times. I also monitor it through the UTAH network, the USGS network and like to watch it live in GEE whenever it is having a swarm. (which it is NOT right now)

I am surprised at some of the venom on here.

Pelican has been glitchin for quite a while now and Mirror lake is following in its footsteps. One good way to know that something is the quipment and NOT seismic, is how sharp those lines are. Notice how its just a bunch of lines over and over again? Now look at Madison. You can see several times of local noise and the rest is weather. Yes. Weather.

I don't see ANY clear quakes in the park so far today. Neither is there ANY tremor. There is a whole bunch of snow and those of us that watch it a lot know that the Winter is the 'noisiest' time in the park as far as stations go.

I don't have time to get into it any more tonight, but rest assured that if Yellowstone were actually showing any signs of tremor or a swarm, there would be flags going up all over the place on here. I believe that Anmarie is simply trying to tell you that if were to spend some time looking into how to read some of these seismograms (which is no easy feat) you would be able to tell what is equipment, what is weather, what is local noise (such as a snow plow) and what are quakes.

There is nothing at all alarming on ANY of the seismograms right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
we already have the YS mega thread, so why start this one to begin with?

i agree with both Annemaire and westcost.... and i checked the YS website from the usgs! and i must say she is quiet as a mouse in fact shes too quiet for my liking . but shes been quiet before many many times..

any quakes above a 1.5 is automaticly posted to their website ..

there is nothing to worry about .. she has not had a swarm for a while now .. move along folks nothing is currently happening with YS......

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That's odd. When I posted this, Madison river was looking like Pelican Cone and 6 others were half way there. As for USGS, they have been known to omit seismic reports. Everything seems to have flatlined now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As someone else posted about Yellowstone this time last year when all the seismos got everyone in a tiss...."When you see your congressman/woman/mayor leave town in a hurry...take that as your 'heads up'"!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its clearly swamp gas trapped under an inversion layer,

Or buffalo farts or lens flare. Dont worry. a G-man will be on to discredit the idea soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join