It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my Photomanipulation/Illustration work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
On occasion, outside of regular photography, I'll apply Photoshop to make something closer to illustration than photography.

Some examples of this are:

I've quite a bit of other similar work, but, because some of that has an element of nudity to it, I don't want to risk violation of T&C by linking it for fearing that what I consider and see as artistic and tasteful will cause offense with anyone that has a nudity taboo or hangup.

If it's allowed, and you've interest in seeing more of my work, please send PM and I'll chirp a link back to you.

I hope you enjoy!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Wow,

I was going to ask if you did your avatar, yourself, but now I can see you have.

You have a gift!

I also like the IX 09 logo. I didn't get it at first but now I see it.

edit on 15/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wonderful work! I especially liked
the space women - next to the last
one. I also do photo manipulations
but I don't use people in them.
S@F

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

I shoot 'regular' photos as well; weddings, portraits, etc., but, going entirely overboard and beyond just a a standard photo is something I've found quite a bit of enjoyment in doing. It's also an extra bit to offer clients that might have an interest in such, but, that's not too common.

Most often, models I work with to do this kind of work are just starting out and looking for something unusual or different to fill out their portfolios, so, we toss some ideas around, shoot, collaborate, and come out with similar stuff to what's posted in addition to standard shots.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Awesome work and skills!!

But, me being me, I have to pick/advise.... (I honestly cant help it, sorry)
The, "bikini" girl one, that tattoo on her right leg. Now, I'm in two camps about it....
1. I think it needs to be softened a tad, and faded a bit to look more 3 dimentional on her leg (to match the left leg one). or
2. Is it made to stand out like that a bit more, simply to draw ones eyes towards... the errr... lady flower region. ?

edit on 15-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

the ufo in the first picture reminds me of billy meiers beamship

Great art form mixing two worlds..
great body you got there

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Exceptional work, nineix. Fun and visually compelling.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Awesome work and skills!!

But, me being me, I have to pick/advise.... (I honestly cant help it, sorry)
The, "bikini" girl one, that tattoo on her right leg. Now, I'm in two camps about it....
1. I think it needs to be softened a tad, and faded a bit to look more 3 dimentional on her leg (to match the left leg one). or
2. Is it made to stand out like that a bit more, simply to draw ones eyes towards... the errr... lady flower region. ?

That one is my fav because of the tattoo. Very Celtic tattoo it is.

Actually, all of the OP's work is fabulous.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

No worries about criticism.
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Nothing I ever complete, is ever 'finished'. I'm always going back, adding new details, softening, sharpening, deleting, changing, revising.

In keeping with the Norse symbology with that piece, I've been meaning to layer in snow covered ground to lighten the image up, as well as going back to work on softening the contrast of the entire piece.
I've also been toying with the idea of adding in some yggdrasil world tree imagery as well, but, am on the fence as such might clutter it up too much.

Give me a week or two and I'll have made some changes and replaced the link.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh, it definitely is an awesome tattoo, and the OP has exceptional skills (I'm very jealous), its just it stood out more to me like it was sitting on top of her skin rather than a part of it, just wondering if its intentional, or just me being picky! ;-)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by nineix

the ufo in the first picture reminds me of billy meiers beamship

Great art form mixing two worlds..
great body you got there

Good eye. I figured someone would spot it eventually.

That Meier beamship is, in fact, what I based the design of that UFO in that image off of.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
off topic I decided to remove it....
edit on 15-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Cheers for the extra info!! Its a very evocative piece though, would be interesting to see how it progresses, snow sounds like an excellent idea! I've just taken up painting myself (30 years too late, but its always good to try something new). I was lucky enough to get a commendation at a recent art show I entered, so that made me chuffed (I also sold another painting at the show for $300!). So, for my next painting I'm doing a scene from Skyrim! So, its very mystical looking, stars, 2 moons and aurora in the night sky. Its proving quite the challenge, but art is so much fun. Wish I'd started young!

Anyways, good luck with your art works, those pieces would look flipping amazeballs printed up on 3 foot canvases!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
(also off topic - removed)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I want to Thank You for sharing your incredible talent and imagination with us. Do you have a link where I may see more of your visionary work?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yes, I will send you a message with the link.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Kudos on you selling work. It's never too late to get in touch with your artistic side. It's rubbish for pay, but, the work for work's sake and the end product in watching the results come together is rewards itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thank You...You make awesome eye candy

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Yes, I will send you a message with the link.

What Beautiful Work!!!!!

Light Bright Jelly is very thought provoking...and Swan Dance...wow...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Many thanks! Indeed, the "pay" didn't even come close to covering the cost of the materials, but oh well. I took it up because my daughters school band was doing an art show to raise funds to send them on a london/france tour. So, that instantly took 50% of the sale, but at least it was for a good cause! Also, I never knew I could paint (I won't link my art here as its too off topic) so its become a passion very quickly. You get in that 'zone'. There's nothing quite like it!

Can I get links to your more adult works please if possible? Also, can the mods just make an exception? Would they ban renaissance works being posted if they contained nudes?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join