It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the start of the identity chip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is my first proper thread, so bear with me.
We have all heard theories about implanted id chips in humans for population control...it now seems that this could be a reality quicker than you may think.

I saw this on BBC1 this morning.

Watch manufacturer LAKS has teamed up with Mastercard to create a product called "watch2pay", a watch with a built in monetary chip. With this watch all you need to do is scan your watch on a "paypass" device to pay for goods in shops.

Here is the website watch2pay

Right now it is a prepaid system. Basically like a mobile phone top up, where you transfer credit into it. But this could all change if it proves successfull. No need for cards. Just a scan of the wrist.

Also there is no pin number needed.

Here is a qoute from the website

You are in control - your paypass device never leaves your hand to make a payment

Anyone else got any thoughts?

edit on 15-1-2012 by HallamFoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by HallamFoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

It was only a matter of time before they started something like this.

I suppose it harms none.

Until they make it manditory, though.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

Its definitely the first stages of a gradual transition to identity chips, there will probably be many more small technological steps before we comfortably reach that stage with open arms.
Logically a credit card feature would probably be the easiest way to get people to accept a chip implant. That or something to do with social networking

I wonder how easy it will be for people to get in debt with these things. The credit card was a gold mine for banks, people don’t care about how much they spend when they aren’t dealing with physical currency.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe
Watch manufacturer LAKS has teamed up with Mastercard to create a product called "watch2pay", a watch with a built in monetary chip. With this watch all you need to do is scan your watch on a "paypass" device to pay for goods in shops.

Its a technology in common use in various parts of the world.

Hong Kong, for one example, has the "Octopus" card.
wiki

Been around for more than a decade, and the chip has been placed into all sorts of things that are not a card.

Other than the Octopus card itself, operator Octopus Cards Limited also sells watches and mobile phone covers that function as anonymous Octopus cards. The types of watches available include wrist watches, pocket watches, and watch key chains. The mobile phone covers were specifically designed for Nokia models 3310 and 3330.
As with the card itself, these products are used by waving them over a card reader.

As long as they can be recharged anonymously with cash, there is no downside to these things whatsoever.
Its only when you HAVE use bank accounds or credit cards to recharge their value, that these transations can be tracked... and likewise the usage of the card (or watch).

edit on 15-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Edit - I just checked the siter, and no there doesnt seem to be any way whatsoever of loading up the credit on these things anonymously. All of the means have to someway go through a bank, with ID, forms, etc...

Best stick to cash.

edit on 15-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
One step at a time.

The technology is already available to “Mark” each person on Earth in order to buy and sell.

I have always suspected the lack of effort in combating identity theft was a key issue in the march toward the “Chip”. Problem, Reaction, Solution.

Identify theft was only slowed down with the tightening credit market, not through effective safe guards utilized.

With this Master Card Watch, swipe & pay all will be necessary is to steal the watch. Sure just like a credit card it most likely will have the ability of being deactivated, but is does become just one more step closer to desensitize the public in waving their wrist over a reader.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dunno about you yanks, but here in Australia we already have all our licenses chipped and "paywave" devices are popping up all over the place....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

It is too bad so many live in fear that when they are "forced" to bear a chip, or brand or something else that their God will reject them. It makes me very thankful to not have to worry about such things for my family because my God would never reject us but rather be pleased if I forgave someone who would do such a thing. Just like when the Messiah/Christ was cursed by others he blessed them instead.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Riley Family
reply to post by brokedown

It is too bad so many live in fear that when they are "forced" to bear a chip, or brand or something else that their God will reject them. It makes me very thankful to not have to worry about such things for my family because my God would never reject us but rather be pleased if I forgave someone who would do such a thing. Just like when the Messiah/Christ was cursed by others he blessed them instead.
For me, religion is only part of it. The complete invasion of privacy is almost as important a reason for me to reject these technologies out of hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sypher209
Dunno about you yanks, but here in Australia we already have all our licenses chipped

Well, that must have happened last night whilst I was sleeping. We certainly don't have anything similar that I'm aware of.

What state are you in?

top topics

join