It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just thought I would throw my support behind the pro gun freedom movement and explain why I am a convert from the ban gun ideology.
Let me explain, I hate guns. In a perfect world there would be no guns and if our military and police didn’t use guns then I would be against the public having them either.
But today we live in a world where the police and military are being turned against the public, becoming the very thing they are meant to protect us from.
Laws are being put in place to make sure that the public can’t defend itself if the government is to enforce martial law or like the new indefinite detention act, remove your freedoms and torture you.
At the same time our freedoms get slowly eroded we also are losing the right to protect ourselves.
In a perfect world I could understand, but the government today is not what a government is meant to be. If they represented the people and didn’t do what corporations tell them then I wouldn’t be so worried.
That’s another thing, I recently read a thread about Monsanto buying the world’s largest private army.. I don’t think I need to explain my concern there.

The public are putting themselves in a dangerous position. We are watching our government turn on us but can’t and won’t do a thing about it.
Respect to the militias and people who arm themselves. I hope you stand up for the people when the time comes, if we haven’t already passed that time.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. That's a good reason to switch ideologies. If we could get rid of them ALL, including military, world-wide I would be in.

The old saw can still cut a tree: "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."

And I hope, as you do, that when TSHTF we will look after our neighbors right along with ourselves.

Edit to Add: I don't think the story about Monsanto buying Xe was accurate, btw. Die, Monsanto, Die anyway!!!!!
edit on 14-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I would agree to a point,

but even if you took ALL guns,

idiots would use knives, clubs, shoes, fingernails.

I vote we ban people.

And Monsanto

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Guns in my eyes are only acceptable in the use of revolution and to defend against oppression. This is why people at this moment should have guns. When all is achieved and we live in a sensible world, they should no longer exist.

Isn't that why the constitution allows the ownership of guns in the first place?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

I saw this today. Congress has completely ignored everything that these guys warned about. That proves that they don't care and have their plan to come for us or just flat run us into the ground. You have to watch this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'd think it worth noting that a great many people find shooting guns to be as enjoyable and relaxing as others do golf or similar sports. They also make feeding one's family with a few months of NON-processed, clean meat each year a whole lot easier.

If the other purposes for the 2nd amendment are what brought you to supporting it, all the better.
Whatever adds to the numbers of support helps all areas of gun use.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Guns in my eyes are only acceptable in the use of revolution and to defend against oppression. This is why people at this moment should have guns. When all is achieved and we live in a sensible world, they should no longer exist.

Isn't that why the constitution allows the ownership of guns in the first place?
They are also good for killing rabid racoons

I know.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

Well,I am a pistol packin' Mama with a licence to carry conceal.
I have full intention of keeping my guns until I am too old to shoot!

new topics

top topics

join