It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clocks stopped all over the world, possible magnetic field interruption?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
my laptop was dead for 30 mins...thought my m/b had died..finally got it working again ..clock was showing 2 hours behind normal time..was on the 6 jan though..remember the date as my laptop was only 2 months old and i was kinda p*ssed...i do remember my gf saying her alarm clock had reset it self around the 10th jan though as she was late for work

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by earthwatcher83

Hi Angle,

You do know that "Bots" roam these corridors and snaffle up email address and then sell them to who knows who with disastrous effects to inboxes. Do something to disguise the one you posted or you will be inundated with rubbish or worse. If you can not change your address then close this one down pronto and open up a new address.

Most peps simply use the word "at" instead of @ to confuse the bots if they have to write an address in the clear.

I can not believe that some mod has not already said this, as with only a few posts I assume you are new to ATS and maybe the web and so need the advice more experienced users have.

Actually mods, would not a sort of secure "dating area" be a good idea for ATS'ers to use?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
North UK here.
Mechanical clock, radio clock and computer clock all fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Hellas
My question would be, how could we even know if our clocks stopped, when EVERY clock stopped?

What could stop a pendulum. And then restart it again? Think about it.

It might not be the answer your looking for but:

My hand? Or someone else' hand?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is not the first time this hoax has been claimed. I recall a while back that a similar event event was claimed in a hoax. We can file this with all of the hoaxes of people claiming they can stop watches because of their body electricity.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My clock continues to tell me I traverse through the time space continuum at 60 seconds a minute.

Dastardly time machine..

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Nope January 15 no clocks stopped here could your friend have been hearing someone giving a a prediction or telling a dream and mistaken it for an actual news story. If they were listening to the program I listen to at night( which is where I heard about ATS) that could be possible some of those people sound very sincere (especially with their predictions)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry, everybody, it was me.
I was testing my Flux Capacitor.
Sorry about that........

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Actually, it's not the first time, i seem to have created tiny black holes in the past.
It swallows up odd resistors, pencils, car keys etc...

I have found a way to reverse the process, with a 150W halogen lamp & a magnet on a stick

This causes the singularity to momentarily collapse & i suddenly find the objects reappearing several hours later....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
No, seriously, it was Uri Geller......

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

All ticks are tocking here in the USA too. At least mine anyway.
Why would it only be clocks?
Why wouldnt it be all electronics ? EMP's are non discrimanitory as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture
Actually, My clocks DID stop!

Somewhere between "Tick" and "Tock"....

But they started right back up again, after about a picosecond....

Remember that old joke about analog watches. .
You ask What does your watch say.
The answer is tic tic tic.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
Would you not have to have been awake and looking at your clock to have noticed that it stopped. If you were not looking at it, but it had stopped, at some point it started again. You would have not noticed it if it had only stopped for a minute or two.
Besides how can a clock be stopped by a magnetic field interruption? Maybe a huge pendulum would....

Are all your clocks analog ? A digital doesnt just restart. Once the power is interupted it will only flash
12:00 over and over until you reset the time. Maybe they have overcome that little issue but my digital alarm clock is pretty old. The other timepiece in our house is the computer or the clock on the stove.
I have a clock on the mantle of the fireplace but it is ancient and so it only correct twice a day because the hands never move.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well you pretty much covered the mid atlantic region. and a bit of New England too. Thanks.
Virginia here, all clocks working just fine.

I think that the post about the doomsday clock might be what the guy was hearing about but not hearing well because of a noisy child.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If my clock stops I know it. I have to reset the time. It would only flash 12:00, 12:00, 12:00 over and over.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Hellas

If my clock stops I know it. I have to reset the time. It would only flash 12:00, 12:00, 12:00 over and over.

I don't think the OP was talking about a power outage..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ummmm....my clock on my wall stopped at 12:15 AM and we had to put new batteries in. Didn't think anything of it until i seen this thread. I live in Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
East coast US, no clock stoppage, apparently it is a precursor. Nothing happened, or will happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No clocks stopped. Simple proof: The precise times for sunrise and sunset for a place (such as my hometown) are calculated for every day of the year and remain the same year after year, and the clocks were exactly right when sunrise and sunset happened after Jan 10th as they had been before.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
No clocks stopped. Simple proof: The precise times for sunrise and sunset for a place (such as my hometown) are calculated for every day of the year and remain the same year after year, and the clocks were exactly right when sunrise and sunset happened after Jan 10th as they had been before.

I don't think your calendar gives you the exact second the sun sets and rises.. We're talking seconds here not minutes

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join