It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clocks stopped all over the world, possible magnetic field interruption?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
Um, total confirmation on my part. I can't remember the exact time - it was most likely between midnight & 1am central time. I laid down for bed and was doing some final internet surfing on my iphone. All of the sudden I complely lost service & the time disappeared from my screen. I have AT&T service. It freaked me out because I'm always paranoid about stuff like that. I even thought of hopping on ATS to see if it happened to anyone else. Lol. Service came back after about 10 minutes and I just fell asleep and forgot about it until now. How odd.
The ONLY other time I've ever lost service was directly folowing the 5.6 Oklahoma earthquake a few months ago. We're about 30 miles from the epicenter. I chalked that up to the fact that everyone in the state was probably on their phone psycho calling loved ones and it over loaded the system or something. Hmmm . . .
edit on 14-1-2012 by klhbrown because: spelling

The same thing happened in Virginia last summer when we had that EQ. The cell towers were overloaded up and down the entire east ocast becasue the quake was felt from MA to GA. Everyone wants to make sure everyone they know is ok.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
This is not the first time this hoax has been claimed. I recall a while back that a similar event event was claimed in a hoax. We can file this with all of the hoaxes of people claiming they can stop watches because of their body electricity.

Hey Sterologist
I know it sounds very obsurd but really, I cannot wear a wrist watch. Within on week any watch I ever put on has stopped working. I do not know why this is but it is true. It is also true that my lightbulbs only last about 6-8 weeks and then they blow. Once when I was little I spent a week at my aunts house when my grandmother passed away and my parents wanted me away while they planned the funeral. Three light bulbs popped within the first day and one other later in the week. I know weird but I dont know why. This episode seemed based in emotions because my grandmother had died and three bulbs in one day never happened before or since. ( that was in 1963 ) Cross my heart this is true.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

How is 1985 anyway?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Hellas

If my clock stops I know it. I have to reset the time. It would only flash 12:00, 12:00, 12:00 over and over.

I don't think the OP was talking about a power outage..

I know. He was talking about clocks stopping. I would think that no matter the reason the clock stopped the results would still be flashing 12:00. Am I wrong in that thinking ?
edit on 17-1-2012 by karen61057 because: spell check

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

There are lots of reasons that items can fail. What happens though is that there are guesses as to why they fail and no real checking or experimenting. My wife has the same issue with wristwatches. Failures were due to water from washing hands. Removing the wristwatches before washing fixed the problem. Vibrations in houses also reduce the life time of bulbs. Heat can be a problem if the bulbs get too hot.

Does any of this have to do with the magnetic field of the Earth? No. The Earth's field is so weak it is hard to detect.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

In related news:

Time Has Gone Wonky In My House. Every Clock Wrong. (Photos)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Deplume
started on 1/19/2012 @ 04:44 AM

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
what r the 10 flags for?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No problems in Scotchland. UK....
2nd.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This thread smells like a hoax. So far nothing supports the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join