It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Cases of Reincarnation that skeptics can't debunk!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Check out this Discovery Channel documentary about 3 compelling cases of reincarnation. It's very jaw dropping. No skeptic can debunk them. They will make you a believer. I was spell-bound when I saw this. See all 5 parts and you will be amazed afterward for sure!

Part 1 of 5:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is part one of the aforementioned Discovery Channel youtube reincarnation video imbedded because it is a favorite topic of mine as well. I haven't watched it yet but here you are for your viewing pleasure.

This video is my own personal favorite reincarnation evidence and case. The book Soul Survivor was written about James.

Six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger. abcnews.go.com...

edit on 14-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Reincarnation is a fascinating phenomenon. And there are as many explanations for it as there are cases it seems. When I was a fundamentalist christian, I would have told you that there were "familiar spirits" involved in the most convincing cases. And that's how those people knew details they couldn't have known. They were told by "evil spirits".

But at this point in my life, I don't discount reincarnation. I do however, lean more toward the idea of a collective consciousness that we are all connected to and by. And the memories these people are experiencing may not be a past life, but rather memories we have collectively as a species.
edit on 1/14/2012 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sounds interesting and will watch it later, but I hate these type of thread titles where it looks like the op is more concerned at getting one over on 'skeptics' than the actual content

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Do you think you could link to the cases instead of a 5 part video.

It would show you actually watched it and not everyone is able to watch video.

I like reincarnation and believe it to be true but I'm not watching a 5 part video without any names or references to go by besides youtube.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
No skeptic can debunk them.

The James Leininger story is debunked here...
link

At 18 months old, his father, Bruce Leininger, took James to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Dallas, Texas, where the toddler remained transfixed by World War II aircraft.

what type of plane he was flying in his dreams, and he said it was a “Corsair.”
After vigorously checking into the squadron’s aircraft action records, [James’ father] found out that Huston was shot down in a FM2 Wildcat fighter plane – not a Corsair.

edit on 14-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I read the book about James Leininger entitled "Soul Survivor".

As a former pilot and aviation buff...this 4-5 year old kid knew more about aviation and planes than most adults do.

This isn't collective consciousness....this is knowledge that ONLY a pilot would understand.
Neither of his parents of relatives were pilots or even knowledgeable of aircraft and/or aviation.

One example is the something that all Pilots know and understand that will not exist on Flight Simulator either....that is called a Pre Flight Inspection....

The kid not only understood the term which is pretty darn good for a kid this young but more importantly knew how to Inspect the Aircraft from the functioning of the control surfaces to the nose wheel and landing gear.

There were many countless bits of corroborative information that were way beyond collective consciousness

One was where one of his former Squadron mates who was a sceptic non believer tried to fool young James.

James called him on it and identified him correctly .....completely wowing this individual who was convinced that this kid was who actually who he said he was.

James said he knew who this guy was by the distinctive sound of his voice.

At the end James father who as a Christian was also a sceptic was later convinced of his Son's being a former WWII Navy Pilot simply due to the overwhelming evidence.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

If you read the book they actually cover that.

Jame's Father in his research also discovered that the Squadron did fly Hellcats and was perpelexed as to why his son was adamant about having been shot down in not a Hellcat but a Corsair.

But after contacting the former surviving squadron mates they had said that due to losses in the war .

They were supporting another fellow squadron on a voluntary basis that was short on manpower who did fly Corsairs.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

This isn't collective consciousness....this is knowledge that ONLY a pilot would understand. Neither of his parents of relatives were pilots or even knowledgeable of aircraft and/or aviation.

There were many countless bits of corroborative information that were way beyond collective consciousness

I don't believe this is "way beyond" the collective consciousness at all. Extremely specific memories and information can come from the collective. Including everything you mentioned.

I still lean toward the collective as the answer. But some of the cases I've read and seen provide compelling evidence for either.

edit on 1/14/2012 by Klassified because: More to the point.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

All that's necessary to explain such reincarnation tales is . . .

a more or less timeless entity or group of ('supernatural') entities who is/are able

to exist, observe, mind-read various persons over the centuries . . .

and

to manifest various carefully prepared demonstrations fitting the reincarnation meme sufficiently to convinced flawed humans with very time anchored realities.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

All that's necessary to explain such reincarnation tales is . . .

a more or less timeless entity or group of ('supernatural') entities who is/are able

to exist, observe, mind-read various persons over the centuries . . .

and

to manifest various carefully prepared demonstrations fitting the reincarnation meme sufficiently to convinced flawed humans with very time anchored realities.

Yes... that's a much simpler explanation.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Now that's funny.

There was a time I might have agreed with something similar to that. See my first post.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Remember that a hard core sceptic will debunk anything.... Whether or not they do so in an intelligent fashion is another question.. They often seem incapble of weighing evidence and if confronted with five cases say they will pick on say 1 flaw and then claim to had debunked all of them.

Having said that there is such a thing as healthy scepticism which we all need.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Remember that a hard core sceptic will debunk anything.... Whether or not they do so in an intelligent fashion is another question.. They often seem incapble of weighing evidence and if confronted with five cases say they will pick on say 1 flaw and then claim to had debunked all of them.

Having said that there is such a thing as healthy scepticism which we all need.

If it can be debunked then whats your problem? Or would you rather live in ignorance

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This video is my own personal favorite reincarnation evidence and case. The book Soul Survivor was written about James.

Six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger. abcnews.go.com...

I just watched the H2 channel (History 2) on a show called "Science of the Soul" about this young man just minutes ago. Quite amazing indeed! His particular story is extremely remarkable and I would recommend anyone interested try and catch the show when it airs again.

After watching his story, I literally had to pick my mouth up from the floor. Then I came here and found this story and find myself picking my mouth off the floor once again

I'm in complete awe right now...this kid even said that he picked his parents out before he was born and his parents asked him how he did that and he told them that he found them in Hawaii and knew they would be good parents....

I have heard the same thing from my son when he was about 2-3 years old who's now 13. Both my son and this kid James were born in the same year. I have found from observations that children who were born in 1998 are very special children or should I say highly evolved in some way. I listen to my son and his friends conversations and a couple of them know things that they shouldn't know at their age. I have noticed this since they were 4, when they all started school together.

Remembering a past life at an early age doesn't surprise me...but the details that some of these people remember do surprise me. This is totally awesome stuff for me....all this young mans claims have been well documented since he was like 2 or 3 years old. Watch the show "Science of the Soul", History 2 channel.

Awesome piece OP, sNf

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I believe in reincarnation 100%, the reason, well my own experiences, but that is something that belong only to me.

Reincarnation is a fascinating subject, but one that skeptics are more than willing to brush out, because the believes we are given as we grew older.

Children can remember more than we adults do as their minds are fresh and no polluted with bias information as we adult usually are.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe we live again and again to learn for our souls to evolve. But although it has not been proved 100per cent right or wrong, when no one knows for sure, how can they totally dismiss or debunk it. What happened to denying ignorance and having an open mind ...reincarnation seems logical to me rather than having one life then that's it. My opinion anyway for what it's worth

Love n light

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

SOMETIMES simple is best.

I don't know if your comment was satirical, or not.

That explanation fits the evidence and puzzle pieces the best, to me.

There is another one . . .

that what some scientists claim . . . that any significant choice on the part of any individual splits off an entire other multiverse.

. . . such that . . . there's a multiverse that includes every possible choice of every possible sentient organism and the resulting consequences . . .

Some think that the reincarnation contentions are merely 'bleed-overs' from one's self in another multiverse.

I don't think that fits the evidence but it's an interesting conjecture.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I disagree.

I believe The Bible when it says

It is appointed unto man ONCE to die--and after that, THE JUDGMENT.

Reincarnation puts redemption and salvation on man's shoulders.

Man's shoulders are inadequate to save himself.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by marg6043

I disagree.

I believe The Bible when it says

It is appointed unto man ONCE to die--and after that, THE JUDGMENT.

Reincarnation puts redemption and salvation on man's shoulders.

Man's shoulders are inadequate to save himself.

Oh wonderful... the book of nonsense gets broke out again in order to have its silly fairy tale nonsense spewed in a non-fictional discussion.

Please keep the silly bible nonsense and asinine religion out of this thread please.

*SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join