It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Magnetic Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have been pondering about this for a coons age.If there was ever a celestial event or a polar shift in the earth,would that in lamens terms kind of erase our brains like a magnet would erase a credit card?I know bird's and oceanic wild life depend on this for migration.Even plants are sensitive so i assume.So what i"m getting at is because we all live on a certain"wave length",if that is desturbed,would we all go mad or has it already started.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Humans are immune to EMP pulses. But i suppose of one big enough came along it could possibly do some damage. But i dont think EMP's can hurt people at this point.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is semi-well documented, or at least known, that electro-magnetic fields can induce all sorts of odd feelings and behaviors in individuals, depending on the characteristics of the fields themselves, such as frequency and intensity. I suppose that I should not imply that these effects are well documented, as there is still a raging debate on the issue.

However, to think that an EMF would affect all individuals in the same way is preposterous. This is simply not the case. I do not know the exact effects that this type of radiation has on a person's internal systems, which in turn cause physical symptoms, therefore it is difficult to conclude why they only affect certain individuals and not others.

I suppose there are theories floating around, but to my knowledge there is not a definitive answer.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Very well put...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Humans are immune to EMP pulses. But i suppose of one big enough came along it could possibly do some damage. But i dont think EMP's can hurt people at this point.
Every once in a while, a young, otherwise healthy dead body is found in the wilderness.

The coroner can find no apparent cause of death in the autopsy other than it appears the heart just stopped beating. One theory that's been proposed is that a nearby lightning strike can produce a powerful enough EMP to stop the heart. Given the current in a lightning bolt is massive, the EMP can be quite powerful, so this at least seems plausible. There could be a couple of deaths per year where lightning could kill someone by stopping their heart with an EMP, without even striking the person.

However, regarding a pole shift, the Earth's magnetic field is far too weak to do what the OP suggests and erase your brain. However this is a danger, but it's not that.

The danger is that if (or should we say when) the poles flip again, the magnetic field may temporarily have a lower strength, allowing more cosmic radiation to reach Earth. One effect of this could be more cancers, one possible side effect of a radiation increase. However a magnetic pole flip, while it can be quick in geologic terms is still slow in human terms, so we'll have warning and just spending more time indoors could help offset the additional risk for humans.

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So, it seems that we may be headed for another magnetic reversal event in perhaps the next few thousand years. This event, based on past fossil and geological history, will not cause planet-wide catastrophies. The biosphere will not become extinct. Radiation from space will not cause horrible mutations everywhere. ...

The magnetic field of Earth shields us from cosmic rays, so losing this shield may seem like a big deal, but it really isn't. Cosmic rays are not the same kind of radiation as light, instead it consists of fast-moving particles of matter such as electrons, protons and the nuclei of some atoms. Our atmosphere is actually a far better shield of cosmic radiation than Earth's magnetic field. Losing the magnetic field during a reversal would only increase our natural radiation background exposure on the ground by a small amount - perhaps not more than 10%. The long term result might be a few thousand additional cases of cancer every year, but certainly not the extinction of the human race.
Of course if you read between the lines of that statement, one activity that might become significantly more hazardous during a pole shift, is flying, because high in the atmosphere, there's less atmosphere to protect you.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Short answer, no. If that is true, then an MRI of the head should erase things and they don't. If the poles do shift rapidly, you won't want to remember anything anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

O.K.I get your point...I guess i was not clear enough on my venture.Take in effect of how this whole earth and every thing on it works on 1 frequency of a magnetic force.Now if there was any unbalance of that,would it not effect the brain of any living organism.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

No, the main effect would be on animals that use internal magnetic sensing to navigate. I wouldn't call this an effect on the brain, but on navigation:

www.pbs.org...

Numerous experiments undertaken by him and others since then have shown that many living things avail themselves of the magnetic field. Organisms as diverse as hamsters, salamanders, sparrows, rainbow trout, spiny lobsters, and bacteria all do it. "I would go so far as to say that it's nearly ubiquitous," says John Phillips, a behavioral biologist at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University who himself has detected this ability in everything from fruit flies to frogs. (There's no scientific evidence that humans have this "sixth sense," though curiously, our brains do contain magnetite, the mineral thought to aid other animals' brains in detecting the field.)

And as the previous link I posted points out, there have been many, many pole reversals in the past, and life on Earth has survived all of them without much adverse effect, at least nothing that really shows up in the fossil record. If the poles flipped as fast as flicking a light switch, I think animals would be utterly confused when trying to navigate. But it doesn't flip that fast, giving animals time to adapt.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Already well documented both on ATS and many other sites.

Really brings new meaning to a tin foil hat! As in, for added protection! Maybe a lead hat would be better...

ATS Thread Here.
edit on 14/1/2012 by Ashtanic because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/1/2012 by Ashtanic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Honestly,you think it would only effect animals?I beg to differ.This is a touchy subject.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtanic

gold lined over tin touque

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

Honestly,you think it would only effect animals?I beg to differ.This is a touchy subject.
On what basis do you beg to differ?

It's not a touchy subject for me. Why is it touchy for you?

If you have any evidence to support your different point of view I'd be glad to review it. I've provided sources with my posts here.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I absolutely appreciate your well given statement.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Pacemakers. Anyone who uses a pacemaker would be toast. someone with a pacemaker cannot even operate an electric chain saw without fear of having problems with the unit. Now, Obama will be toast. he's a robot anyway. YAY !

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Regardless of the fact that it is POSSIBLE that EMP might be capable of killing a person, or causing long term damage to them, the fact is that there is no way in which a pole shift or major fluctuation in the weak (thats weak as science describes it, not weak as in, "oh crap my house is in space") gravitational forces acting on this planet, could cause a physiological effect in a human being. We just are not attuned to these things in such a way as to provide a conduit for transmission of damage to our bodies, from that fluctuation.

Other species may be affected, those who have an overt association with the fields around the earth, and tectonic plate margins may act up, causing increased volcanism and earthquake numbers per annum for a while. Also if things get truely hairy, there may be reliability issues with wireless communication tech for a while. Other than that, there is no cause for alarm. As previously mentioned, the magnetosphere may fluctuate also, causing a drop in the protection we get from the solar wind, BUT (and this is a big hairy one) a pole shift is not a new occurance for the Earth, and our biosphere, has survived every time. Our atmosphere has not been blown away, things that were on the ground before, remained there during and after these events , so there is no need for apocalyptic levels of concern on this issue what so ever.

I would be more concerned about the constant errosion of liberty in the apparantly free world, since it is that, and not some natural/cosmic event that will ultimately destroy us all.

top topics

join