It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an INFP....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

It means sometimes you feel and sometimes you think......You just need to make up your mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Took the test, INFJ.
PLPL

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I'm an INFJ also quite rare apparently.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Some days an INTP, some an INFJ. It depends on the day

It is not a particularly scientific test, and heavily relies on two things:

1. Honesty

You have to be entire honest, something idealists rarely are. How many people will say they would react in a specific manner to a situation, but then actually do not when it arises, out of fear, shame, worry to hurt someones feelings etc?

2. That the person being tested really knows himself well enough to answer truthfully in the first place

Which is not easy either, and rarely the case.

In other words, it more often shows how someone would like to be or sees themselves, than how they actually are.

It is not a rigorous or reliable approach for many then, but interesting none the less.

Deutsche Telekom do one of these when recruiting I.T Consultants (I know, because I had to do one there).

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I used to try to categorize myself, but I go from INTJ to INTP and back. It usually depends on what environment I find myself in. I don't really trust mbti for obvious reasons, but here's a short run down of both:

INTP - INTPs direct their energy towards the inner world of thoughts and emotions. They structure and organise their ideas, coming up with theories and explanations to explain new areas of scientific research or experience. They often seek to understand the full complexity of any situation and enjoy solving difficult intellectual problems.

INTJ - INTJs direct their energy towards the inner world of thoughts and emotions. They use their imaginations to come up with new ideas, possibilities and perspectives. They often organise their lives on a logical basis, and produce plans and strategies to put their ideas into practice.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm an intp I've taken about half a dozen of these tests over the years and every time without fail that is what I get.

en.wikipedia.org...
(link to the wikipedia article on intp)

the wikipedia article seems to imply were rebellious intellectuals, who try to bury our own emotions because we can't handle them...

Famous INTP's include Einstein, Jefferson and Darwin.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm an INTP. But as we have had no prior relationship (of which I am aware), I find it dubious, though intriguing, that you will now use this information to better understand yourself. But, have at it. I hope my contributions are of a singular nature.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree that no one person could be summed up but these tests provide a general insight to most peoples thought processes at the time of the test. In my case, I have never strayed too far from my personality profile. I do, however, know people who could fit on the opposite ends of these tests all within a year of taking them.

DUDE! His Dudeness! Duderino! Duder! I LOVE the avatar as well as the movie. I swear by this next statement. I actually had to work with a clone of the Movie version of the DUDE as there was a Dude in real like that the Cohen Bros. based the Movie on...but I had to work a...job...with a guy that looked, talked, dressed and thought like the the DUDE that your avatars actor portrayed in the movie!

We got along fantasticly!...and although he didn't drink Caucasians...we did drink beer and Jack. I also spent the better part of two days trying to figure out if this guy was for real as we were about to do a fairly complex job. He passed the tests and held up his end with a constant verbal assalt on my ears with profanity that made us all laugh.

My point as it applies to the Dude as well as tests or anything providing insight...is that any test devisd by man or men is flawed. I have taken numerous IQ tests and even though i scored very high...the tests were flawed reason being was that a group of acadamia decided that they were the authority on what the true or correct answer to a question was...I could look at IQ test questions and say...well...I KNOW these Jackasses want this as the answer even though this other answer is closer but inreality there are more issues and details of comparitive logic that the test writers did not see to begin with...so I answered in the way they wanted me to to score high even though that answer was not as close as another nor was it correct.

The same can be said for tests spoken of in this topic. Anyone of sufficient IQ can argue the value or most correct path as the writters of any test have decided is a reality. A persons who has taken one of these tests and has been catagorzed by percentages of who and what they are....are being defined so by another group or individual that is and are imperfect thus a TRUE DETERMINATION of what a person is or has the ability to be can only be defined by THAT PERSON!

You can be the only authority and the only viable provider of questions to determine who and what you are. No one else can do this but you! As far as Psych tests that show certain traits or abilities....and I have taken these several provided by branches of the U.S. Military or "Civilian" groups....and although there were several acessments that I would have to agree with...as you don't get to see your results unless you either enlist or are picked....there was a big difference in the Military psych tests as apposed to the CIVY Intel. tests.

The Military was more concerned if you were capable enough to opperate under stress, Not be a Homosexual....this was a while back....and did not have criminal tendencies or would I be the type to just as well shoot my own side as the others.

Yhe "Civilian" Psych test was much more....stupid....as I could tell that some Proffesor/researcher/person who's whole like revolves around finding a system of questions and answers that are supposedly good enough to determine the entire Psyche of a person from just ansering these questions. What a joke!

In the end....my Psych test said that I had a certain MORAL FLEXIBILITY toward concepts, Ideas, actions and the way I looked at issues. The rest of their analisis was pure BUNK as it did not reflectme at all. This is why I object to the use of any test that is not applicable to the job at hand and a simple interview by a boss who has been doing a job for a long time and has seen it all and heard every excuse as well as experienced every type of person...or close as is possible...that has applied forthis job...is a much better method of determining whether someone would be good at something with an interiew and a few days tryout....than any computer or Acadamia driven Psych tests that have ever existed.

I am very good at certain things because I was born that way....I am good at other things because I was trained to be. The thing that we have to be careful about is to just rely on a test and not real world reactions and challenges as well as just relying on a single persons assesment rather than several people or historical actions by a person...is what gets us in trouble by placing a MORON IN A POSITION OF POWER! This happens all the time because another MORON read a report put out by the people who are trying to sell a system instead of a report on a systems acessed value...and hire these consultants.

We call this...MORONS IN THE MIDST! LOL! Split I

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well said sir. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Its not that uncommon. I am the same. There are previous personality type threads on here where many of the posters were of the INFP type.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I found "Please Understand me" at a used book store like 20 years ago. I have many books on MBTI now, and am still learning. Very fascinating.

The first time I took the sorter, I was a INFP. I also was quite pleased. But the more I read about this type, the more I worried.

I have come to realize that the sorter can be maximized used in an unintended manner. self improvement. I have since taken the sorter many times, and am now an INTJ. I have since noticed things about my former self that i find uncomfortable. I will give you an example.

Most INFP's have hope.But it can be shattered easily and your average INFP will become sullen. The problem is an INFP is soooo idealistic they look past reality to their "want" This applies to dogma and dining. Your average INFPer makes the worlds best cheeseburger, well for him. He will argue to the death that a cheeseburger needs mayo. Its simply not edible without mayo. Well, many people find mayo disgusting. hope you see my point.

So single minded and subjective, your blinded and dont have or see, options, rationality, and objectivity.

Are you articulate when you speak? another weakness I observe in INFP's. But all do not share.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Bluesquid because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Bluesquid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

I used to be a very weak speaker. I have since improved upon that weakness. My biggest flaw is definitely my inability to finish what I started. There are many problems with these tests but I think its "neat".

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Well said,

Tests are ways for people to pigeon holes others based on their perceived view of reality. Having said that there is an amazing correlation with the personality description and the way i perceive my personality and others have corroborated this.

says im a ENFP

wont go into the details but the description i would say is 90% accurate. that's not bad.

Ultimately no test can tell you who you are they are like a mirror that reflects how you think. Since who you are an dhow you think changes from second to second there will never be a test that can accurately predict who or what you are, but it is a fun read none the less.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
ENTP here

you will likely find mostly NT's and NF's on this board and sites like this...idealists and rationalists per Keirsey

and it makes sense.

so we are all here talking to the the minorities of personality types...and wondering why others don't get it

told you, for anyone a doubter..read thru the thread..overwhelming tilt to NF and NTS on a website like this..which is why you are here...you are in the minority groups of society personality wise

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Usually I get INTJ with varied percentages, took the human metrics test just now and got:

Introverted (50%) Intuitive (75%) Thinking (50%) Judging (44%).

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

Another source: typelogic.com...

All of the "recommended" careers are things I am or would be good at: Natural Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming, Corporate Lawyer, Librarian. Interestingly, I've been in the field of natural science (as well as medical science), and am currently in the fields of computer programming and information systems and do all of the law and contract writing for my own business. I also love a good and fair debate. Not to mention I read all the time and would enjoy working in a library.

Though, of course, this does not address any of my creative side, which has a very large impact on how I see the world.

Even so, it is fairly accurate.

Aww, man, this is spot on for me:
INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.
Oh well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join