It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an INFP....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If I recall correctly I'm an INFP too. I think quite a few ATS people are INFP's because it's one of the personailty types that comes to places like this.

I'm thinking of creating a INFP cult, anyone wanna join?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm an ENFJ. Notice that Chuck Norris, whom is an I, has guns and wants you to keep your distance but it is Chuck Norris so you know it will be ok.

And my Unicorn, whom is an E, is so full of it that he is barfing rainbows and in fact you have no idea what might happen if you approach him.

Pretty funny, huh? Is and Es?

Just sayin.

Pleased to meet you all.

Just sayin
edit on 14-1-2012 by Frater210 because:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Another INFJ here. Only 1-3% of us apparently according to mr.Wikipedia. Well aren't we special

On another note peeps, here is quite a good free site for calculating your personality profile. Gives quite a good analysis at the end as well
www.teamtechnology.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I went in search of a test that I could post for others to take as well. This is a site I found..... www.humanmetrics.com... . It has 76 questions and I believe it is a good number in order to mix it up a little without being too long for those who do not have the time.

Apparently, after taking this test I am an INFP as well.

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
44 88 38 11

You are:

moderately expressed introvert
very expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Apparently, with this site you can find appropriate career positions associated with your score. I am doing what my results say I should be so maybe it has some credence.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Thank you for the offer. I did find one I felt comfortable with(see my above post). In order to set credence to this test would you be willing to take it and see if the results for yourself remain the same?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It just boggles my mind when acadamia or others decide that they can actually classify a person into neat little specific concepts. A personality is a constant evolving construct that is never the same at any time or condition.

Sure...people have tendencies and skills as well as being able to identify with some people more so than others...but what a person was a year ago is not the same person today.

I know that i have changed over the years and what I once thought as important no longer seems so. This also applies to the psychological makeup of a person...it changes.

In reality...it is important for some people to quantify themselves as acessing their own concept of worth. Many people have made a good living supplying people seeking questions with answers. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It just boggles my mind when acadamia or others decide that they can actually classify a person into neat little specific concepts. A personality is a constant evolving construct that is never the same at any time or condition.

Sure...people have tendencies and skills as well as being able to identify with some people more so than others...but what a person was a year ago is not the same person today.

I know that i have changed over the years and what I once thought as important no longer seems so. This also applies to the psychological makeup of a person...it changes.

In reality...it is important for some people to quantify themselves as acessing their own concept of worth. Many people have made a good living supplying people seeking questions with answers. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
I'm an ENFJ. Notice that Chuck Norris, whom is an I, has guns and wants you to keep your distance but it is Chuck Norris so you know it will be ok.

And my Unicorn, whom is an E, is so full of it that he is barfing rainbows and in fact you have no idea what might happen if you approach him.

Pretty funny, huh? Is and Es?

Just sayin.

Pleased to meet you all.

Just sayin
edit on 14-1-2012 by Frater210 because:

You too. I really enjoyed your sock puppet exposition before it got pulled/banned from eternal existence on ATS. iIt was one of the most enthralling, enduring and well researched pieces in the history of ATS IMO. True investigative journalism at its finest.

Really.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
interesting thread! Im an INFP too, didn't know it was that rare.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I've taken two tests a couple years apart. Both said INTP.

The last one I took said this:
Introverted (I) 67.86% Extroverted (E) 32.14%
Intuitive (N) 68.57% Sensing (S) 31.43%
Thinking (T) 53.13% Feeling (F) 46.88%
Perceiving (P) 54.55% Judging (J) 45.45%

I read the "personality description" and was dumbfounded. It sounded almost exactly like me. I wondered if it was like a fortune cookie so I looked at the rest of the descriptions. Sure enough, most did not seem to fit me. But maybe that was because my mind had been fed these preconceived notions and/or wanted to believe them to be right? Not sure. There have been criticisms of the Myers and Briggs methods. One of them is that having a particular personality type does not determine your ability in related-professions nor does it even say whether that's what you're likely to do. This means that if my Myers and Briggs personality assessment tells me I'd be a good systems engineer that this advice is to be taken with a grain of salt.

We have to be careful that we're not "preaching to the choir". Lets not make this a belief. I like to throw this "INTP" thing around because it makes me feel smart. My ego needs the nourishment. But in reality I'm a loser. I do not work professionally in any of hte professions that were put on the list for my personality type, but I have ot admit, my interests in hte past and today fit measurably well with the list. Still, I'm nobody to look up to. Just take one look at any church gathering and at how much conviction each has in their faith. It's not scientific to have faith in something. If the Myers and Briggs assessment is accurate, time will eventually bear that out.
edit on 14-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ENTP here

you will likely find mostly NT's and NF's on this board and sites like this...idealists and rationalists per Keirsey

and it makes sense.

so we are all here talking to the the minorities of personality types...and wondering why others don't get it

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

I liked your reference to Astrology. Very relevant.

We have to be careful. PLus, even if htis is true, it could encourage mind-ism - like racism.

Or republicans vs democrats. Us vs Them. My way or the highway. Intolerance. Radicalism.

I'll make a INTP compound with INTP converts and INTP missionaries to preach the good news. We'll barricade ourselves in a remote wilderness and teach children our "book".

Sounds like a good idea. Oop, I mean, I'm just joking
(i think I am.....)
edit on 14-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Done many of these tests, and seem to consistently come out as an INTJ.

I have no idea if this is rare or not, one website says it is, but the others give no indication.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have taken many of these test and can score differntly depending on mood I must be really rare. oh wait I am there is only one of me

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erowynn

Well played sir or madam, well played.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree that no one person could be summed up but these tests provide a general insight to most peoples thought processes at the time of the test. In my case, I have never strayed too far from my personality profile. I do, however, know people who could fit on the opposite ends of these tests all within a year of taking them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have posted this before and feel it fits again explaining these charlatans

The problems with Meyers-Briggs, and virtually all personality tests, are plentiful. The biggest criticisms are:

1 - The four factors MBTI uses to gauge personality are not a sufficient gauge of personality. Other personality tests use eight.

2 - Validity. In reading the questions on the test, it is easy for subjects to determine the intent behind the questions and answer accordingly, but not always honestly.

3 - Lack of Falsifiability. The MBTI takes its factors to be indicators of personality, but there's really no reliable method to test whether or not this is really the case.

4 - Background theory. The MBTI factors are based on the writings of Karl Jung, who was a student of Sigmund Freud. Psychology was still in its infancy during Jung's lifetime, and many would agree Jung's theories are much more philosophy than psychology. Much of his work, while certainly interesting, is not scientific in the slightest.

I liken it to most self help rhetoric or oven people who claim to speak to the dead and throw out ambiguous info until someone feels they hit something. This is only a method that people use to "Self" identify as "special" or to give comfort in the idea that yes your way of thinking has been identified and categorized, so it doesn't seem so scary because others might think the same way and now you "fit" in.
edit on 14-1-2012 by GhettoRice because: Sp

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

4 - Background theory. The MBTI factors are based on the writings of Karl Jung, who was a student of Sigmund Freud. Psychology was still in its infancy during Jung's lifetime, and many would agree Jung's theories are much more philosophy than psychology. Much of his work, while certainly interesting, is not scientific in the slightest.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I didn't know that much about Jung. I do, however, find all of this very interesting as you stated.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
If I recall correctly I'm an INFP too. I think quite a few ATS people are INFP's because it's one of the personailty types that comes to places like this.

I'm thinking of creating a INFP cult, anyone wanna join?

The way it is looking, ATS is about as close to an INFP cult as you can get.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Apparently I am between two ?

Firstly I am INFJ,

But I am INTJ, as a close 2nd.....

Does this mean I have a split personality ?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join