It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child molester gets 560-year sentence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

drugs are notoriously unhelpful with this crowd unless you're also treating something else like psychosis, bi-polar, etc.

In my opinion when people have a coherent understanding of their behaviors, get a feel for some of their life experiences that maybe led to those behaviors (childhood sexual abuse/inappropriateness, neglect, etc), and a true regret for pain they've caused, they can start to recognize a (horribly) negative pattern. Once you separate that pattern from normal behavior and get into deep therapy for some years there is a very small percentage of recurring abuse.

Compare it to an alcoholic who has learned how harmful alcohol can be and decided to stop... many go their entire life sober. But, given "just wrong" circumstances, stress, opportunity, chemical imbalance they may just pick it up sometime. Sadly.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Your compassion is overwhelming.
Maybe there is hope for mankind one far off day.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Here's my view:

If you're guilty of Child molestation, or any other sex related crime, you're given a mandatory sentence of 10 years in a psychiatric facility to be “studied", chemically castrated, and hopefully rehabilitated. Second offense… death.

You're too kind. I think any sexual criminal act that can be PROVEN (DNA, etc) against a child under 12 should result in an immediate death sentence. There is no rehabilitation for those bastards.

It's perfectly o.k. for "normal" human beings to kill a child via abortion, but these people need to be rehabilitated?

Where's Judge Dread when you need them!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Okay, so when I'm in my darkest moments, I have a discomfiting thought about people like these, and it goes like this: They took something from members of our society, so why not make them give something back? What if we, say, injected them with AIDS, and then tried new medicines on them? Free the lab monkeys, and other innocent animals, and trial new treatments on actual human beings. (I told you it was dark.) (Maybe not so dark if you're a lab animal.)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

"Surely once proven without a doubt that a person(s) guilty of these type of horrific crimes against our innocent children, we should just execute them? "

surely not good sir !

He has a sexual urge for children, but why? Sucha dangerous thing to do , but still he goes after it , being a sex offender is one of the worst titles and most mocked and hated against , but he still went to do it

we gotta figure out the driving forces enviromental , biological , psychological , etc

we have to study them , and find out what would cause such strong sexual urges towards children.

Same with homosexuals , when i ask them about it , they tell me do you really i think i would choose this willingly? to be laughed at? mocked at ? befriended? disowned by my own family,

they tell me they are just born this way .

yea i know don't mix up the too , but just giving an example of what reason and logic might be going thru the pedo's mind .

Yes lock him up away from children , But no need to terminate the man.

he wasnt born that way, no one is, he was prolly a victim himself.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Well with that logic i would have to ask

what percentage of boys/girls who were abused , turn out to be the abusers ? in your view of course

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Well with that logic i would have to ask

what percentage of boys/girls who were abused , turn out to be the abusers ? in your view of course

just pulled these facts off of childhelp.org

About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.

8 out of 10 sexual abusers are someone in the family or someone the child knows.

Of all prison inmates, 84% were abused as children.

14% of all men in prison in the USA were abused as children.

36% of all women in prison were abused as children

More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.

and a few others from www.advocatesforyouth.org...

The primary markers for increased risk for child sexual abuse for girls are having: few friends, absent or unavailable parents, a stepfather and conflict with or between parents.

Other risk factors include: physical or mental disability; separate living arrangements from both biological parents; mental illness, alcoholic or drug abuse in the family; a parent who was physically or sexually abused as a child; homes with other forms of abuse, prostitution or transient adults

idk what's the true percentage of them were once abused themselves, but I certainly don't think these people were just born that way. something happened in these people's lives to turn them in that direction.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

"About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse. "

this is about what i assumed would be the case.

"Of all prison inmates, 84% were abused as children."

I also believe man inmates like to make things up to be able to point to something and blame it as childhood abuse . Perhaps lighter sentence , alittle sympthy , But i believe this number is inflated.

"14% of all men in prison in the USA were abused as children. "

sounds about right..

We don't know the true percentage. But being abused and becoming an abuser is not over the 50 percent mark . Its less imho of course.

There is more to work then just being abused as a child , which is why we need to get to the root of the problem.

if the rate was 90 percent of becoming an abuser just because you were abused as a child , then we would have some serious correlation .

But as it stands , that number is far to faint . to even be in the same ball park. Its a factor sure , but a small one

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm genuinely appalled by some of these post. Yes we all realize these people are the scum of the earth; nothing justifies their actions, although I believe there may be a chemical/psychological imbalance that is the source of the lust.

I don't think it's our place to execute everyone who commits an egregious crime; rather lock them away and give them the chance to repent for their acts. But I understand why some are not opposed to the death penalty, and I myself wouldn't mind it being used in some circumstances.

But, the people offering up sentences that involve extreme torture, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm normally not disturbed by this sort of thing but I didn't know so many ATSers were advocates of torture, let alone some of the graphically depicted descriptions some of you have given..very inhumane I might add.

I also don't condemn anybody to hell even if they've committed disgusting acts --- even Hitler. Why? Because being sent to hell typically comes with an eternal sentence. Does ANYONE deserve to burn in agony for ETERNITY? I understand the majority of us are deeply saddened by the evil that walks/occurs over the planet; but to sink to the level of thought that revels in torture & revenge, it leads down a dark path...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Meanwhile, nobody on Wall Street has been prosecuted for the financial collapse.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Execution is not even an option for this kind of animal. He doesn't deserve the mercy of death, let him rot in jail. In the prison system, among inmates he is the lowest of the low to the rest of them, he gets to spend the rest of his life tormented and beaten in prison. Good riddance.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Because he will become a productive member of society,once again? Because he will become a burden on taxpayers? Because we need to study a behavior that is not akin in the civilized world?

Because of how often child molesters are the result of child molestation. You can either figure out how to break the cycle or go on to execute his victims once they have gone on to molest children and then wait for those children to grow up and molest children and so on.

Study seems like the best option.

How about this. You personally pay for ALL the child molesters incarcerated at the very moment,or house them with your children,to form a case study on WHY it happens.

How about this. You promise to fix all the victims with your knowledge of how.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Littikani

Again. Who is the victim? The Molester,who gets caught?

Lets face it,you can "study" it till your blue in the face. Victims dont forget trauma.The Pedophile doesnt forget his twisted sense of control,on his victim. Remember,The perp is doing this BECAUSE he can,BECAUSE of how society "wants" to study this behavior. The Perp knows that he will ONLY go to jail,at worse,if he gets caught. Society's version of a hug,and we can fix you.

Originally posted by Littikani

How about this. You promise to fix all the victims with your knowledge of how.

Only if your willing to take the pedophile into your home for similar treatment. I say YOU go first.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

No amount of YEARS can ever undo the years of suffering those children have already gone through, let alone the ongoing pychological damage it will do to them, amd the people they in turn will come in contact with, for the rest of their lives.

Sadly killing them won't undo the damage as well. The most important thing is making sure it doesn't happen again to anyone else.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

No amount of YEARS can ever undo the years of suffering those children have already gone through, let alone the ongoing pychological damage it will do to them, amd the people they in turn will come in contact with, for the rest of their lives.

Sadly killing them won't undo the damage as well. The most important thing is making sure it doesn't happen again to anyone else.

Well you sort of agreed with the SOLUTION being advocated...'making sure it doesn't happen again to anyone else (EXECUTION will solve that).

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's usually the people with the strongest opinions that are trying to hide something or try and ease their own guilt.

Whenever I see someone saying "KILL HIM", I can't help but think you're a pedophile.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
It's usually the people with the strongest opinions that are trying to hide something or try and ease their own guilt.

Whenever I see someone saying "KILL HIM", I can't help but think you're a pedophile.

hmmmm.........

How about a victim of pedophilia? I have heard women who are victims of rape,wish for the same sort of justice. I guess with your logic,they are rapists also,and are trying to erase their guilt,or "hide" something.

I do know this. Some of the most vocal critics of "trying to fix" or "study" Pedophiles,wouldn't want to have those very people around their familys,or children. Wheres the Love?

edit on 14-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I agree. Just shoot the #ers. Some people are so #ed up beyond all recognition it's not even funny.
Totally useless eaters and a waste of resources.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Surely once proven without a doubt that a person(s) guilty of these type of horrific crimes against our innocent children, we should just execute them?

www.newsobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is easy to say but most of these molesters were molested as children their selves. I don't condone this but will these children he molested grow up to molests children?
I know when I was younger and a pervs tried to get me I was old enough and big enough to resist..

I remember when I was older and a gay attorney tried to get me, I told him I was going to knock all his teeth out and he said you don't have to be like that, I said neither do you.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am sorry, but i just don't buy they fact that most child molesters are victims themselves. I don't think the majority of victims would ever want to put someone else through what they have been through because they know what it's like and they know how it is going to affect someone else.

I unfortunately happen to be related to one, although I don't claim him as a relation. I can tell you that he honestly believes they "want " it. He thinks certain behaviors are "signals" and that they secretly enjoy it. Yeah, I heard that straight from his mouth.
You can't rationalize with him, because he is so convinced.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join