Child molester gets 560-year sentence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You guys speak as if leaving this world in a painless instant is worse than rotting in confinement with people of equal societal morality to his and dealing with the mental torture of the world judging him while he slowly goes insane from solitude, is some how worse of a punishment.

If you really think somebody 'deserves' to be punished physically and by only means of the worse possible kind (dog eat dog world, huh?) then just let him rot away. You sound uneducated when you make a claim of saying "kill this man".

Is murder not punishable? Why? Because the government says so? Not necessarily. We can agree that it is morally wrong in society to take another's life. That is why it is against the law. Just as pedophilia is.

Murder is worthy of the death sentence and now you are claiming that pedophilia is. So, in conclusion, you are saying that pedophilia and murder is subject to the same punishment. Yet, the punishment is the same thing as the act committed for being punished for one of those.

"Murder is wrong, kill everyman that commits it." -Idiots of the World.
edit on 13-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: This text is green and italic.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

First,sorry if I was hard on you earlier.......This subject gets me Angry.
My Apologies.

My problem is that it has been studied.

They keep statistics.

Its not stopping.

You can look up what this does to children. The pain it causes.

Clearly,560 years isnt going to rehabilitate someone,who if he wasn't caught,would still be doing it.

Society has to make a stern Example out of these people.

Children are innocent.

Most folks who want leniency for pedophiles,have NEVER had this happen to one of their children.
Trust me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
500 years? Why not just make a million? Or sentence to prison in till the end of the universe!! If I was a judge thats what I would be doing, hyperbole are fun right?

OT: Glad theres one less sick **** off the streets.

EDIT: On the death or prison argument, either way at least his not diddling them kids anymore. And every time I hear that a rapist is sentence to prison I just listen to this song to remind me, it ain't no party in there.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes i can imagine how hard it is on parents and the damage it leaves kids for the rest of there lives.

But i believe there condition along with other disorders can be dealt with , one way or another .

I'm not saying he should be free to hurt other children , i'm saying he should be in a proper place with proper treatment to be studied . Sure many tests and what have been done , but i believe were in the baby stages of learning more about what would cause people to commit such crimes.

I want to fix it for the long term ,

not kill the man for the short term .

yea sure tax payers shouldn't pay for it , but like i said earlier in the post there are ways to make him pay for his own jail time , while saving tax payers money , while being productive for a job that needs to be done , while be locked up and while be studied .

Everyone wins except the victims of course. But that is the case with most major crimes.

i know the victims would want the man destroyed at all costs , i would too if that happened to my child. But would it really solve anything besides a vendetta ? i would find more closure knowing things are being done to prevent this from happening to the best of our abilities .

but some victims understandably want to take justice into there own hands

like this chap

its a very touchy subject , but to me death penalty is a ugly "solution"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto

"we need to find its roots"
We dont.
Most people have bad thoughts (any) at some time about other people but it stays in their heads.
It doesn't go any further. It remains for a while then disappears.
I accept these devients were abused themselves.
They don't need to be understood because they can't be changed.
They are what they are & they can't be stopped unless you lock them up & lose the key or kill them.
Ask them & they'll tell you the same thing.
Damaged & irreparable.

Actually studying something, getting a few relevant degrees, and working with a specific population is far more valuable than thinking you know the answer... your answer is dangerous and flat-out wrong.

I've spoken with a few of these men and women myself and every single one has expressed regret and literally hates him- or herself for the pain they've caused. They have a mental illness that can be examined and helped and their behavior can be changed in some cases.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by berenike

560 years isnt a deterrent. Its a lifetime for him think and fantasize about the ills he has done,if he lasts his lifetime.

Make a real EXAMPLE of him. Let the children decide what should be done.

I think it would pretty much make an example of someone if they spent the rest of their life having to see psychiatrists on a regular basis for assessment and being the guinea pig for any proposed 'cure' or 'deterrent'.

Since these people are in custody I do feel that some use should be found for them and the best use would be to ascertain what drives them and how it came about. Presumably it won't be the same set of circumstances for all of them.

If they just get shot then no-one is any closer to finding a solution as to how to prevent someone turning out like this.

As for children deciding what should be done, well I think little kids mostly want the perpetrator to stop what they're doing. Not just people who molest them but anyone who bullies or hurts them. They just want the relief of knowing that it won't happen again. Maybe the assurance that something was being done to try and prevent abuse of other little kids would help them to heal.

After all, if you're about eight or nine years old and you tell on someone who hurt you it's not great to know that your tale-telling will end in that person getting shot. That's a huge burden for a kid. Far better to know that the world might be a safer place because you were brave enough to speak up.
edit on 13-1-2012 by berenike because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Shame Fear Rage based Mind Kontrol---

Notice how this subject of pedophilia is intensifying in the news....Nancy Grace runs it 24/7

You are easily programmed in heightened emotional states,,,,wish you all would quit playing with the mentally ill rulers of the planet and just pitty them. We are planning to dethrone all of them and put them in nursing homes soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

wow! he got only 5 years probation for killing another man with premeditation of the killing. Our justice system is definitely skewed toward hating child molesters...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A child who has had to grow up,so quickly,because of the crimes done to them,the hurt done to them, DOES have a say on what should be done to the perpetrator.

My son was physically abused. He has scars. And he has a voice on what should be done to the perpetrator. He has expressed it to the psychologist,and to me. I think his voice should matter,and so should the consequences of my sons choice,if ever given the opportunity to hand out justice.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So let's hope this guy isn't one of those immortal types.

Housing, clothing, and feeding this guy for the next 560 years would add up to a huge chunk of taxpayer money.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

"They have a mental illness that can be examined and helped and their behavior can be changed in some cases."

They may well have a mental illness but child abuse IS NOT a mental illness.
You've spoken to some. They thrive on pity & you've been taken in. Gulible I think the word is.
You can not help them or their victims.
Damaged & irreparable.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

A child who has had to grow up,so quickly,because of the crimes done to them,the hurt done to them, DOES have a say on what should be done to the perpetrator.

My son was physically abused. He has scars. And he has a voice on what should be done to the perpetrator. He has expressed it to the psychologist,and to me. I think his voice should matter,and so should the consequences of my sons choice,if ever given the opportunity to hand out justice.

I do think the victim's feelings should be taken into account when sentencing is passed for any crime. I certainly don't want people living in fear that those who have damaged them in any way will be back on the streets any time soon.

And I do want the perpetrators of crimes like murder and rape locked away forever. I think it's appalling to see murderers let out of prison while they are still young enough to enjoy what's left of their lives.

I don't see the point of letting rapists out on the street after years of incarceration without any sort of rehabilitation. Same for paeodophiles.

But I made my point on this matter in my earlier posts and can't add much to it.

It means little for me to wish the best for your son here on a forum - but I do. Poor little boy, of course I feel for him. It's good that he has your strength to help see him through.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

I have a Master's degree in Psychology...

granted some people would be taken in by liars, and you probably didn't know I had the degrees. Your answer doesn't pertain to me however,

ETA:
"damaged and irrepairable"...

what a sad world you live in.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

I say prison is way better than the death penalty for these people. They can live in hell for a while before they die.''

Prison Is 'Living Hell' for Pedophiles

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

I have worked in prisons as a Correctional Officer for over 15 years. In my experience I have found that you CANNOT rehabilitate a child molester. That is what turns them on and nothing will change that. No amount of therapy,medication or counselling will deter or stop these monsters. The only way to keep the community and our kids safe is to either lock them up for life ( 560 years is great) or to execute them. I favour execution.In Australia the courts seeem to go easy on these animals and that can only be because certain judges and law enforcers are involved themselves . You cannot change these people. They will always be a danger to our communities and the Law doesn't seem to do much to protect us. Lock them up for life so they cannot damage someone for life. It's not just the victim who suffers horrific physical and mental damage but the familys of those molested as well. How anyone can do these things is beyond comprehension and once caught they should be put in a cage,isolated ,never to see the outside world again.Or just execute them.They are detrimental to society and can contribute nothing but pain and suffering to our most precious asset--our children. We as a voice should be demanding the maximum penalty for all sex crimes against children .What good is it to sentence a child molesterer to a few years in jail...they Will re-offend.That is a given and anyone who states that someone has been rehabilitated and is not a danger to society has been fooled .They will ALWAYS reoffend. Whoever lets these animals out by stating they are ok now has got ulterior motives and need to be watched as well. They are predatory vermin who will rape your child if given half a chance. Execution is the way to go.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That's why you think you can help them, it keep you employed.
Don't be trying to boast about your education.
You have no idea what I'm qualified in or my profession & you never will.
Because it isn't relevant to the thread. Neither is yours!
Damaged & irreparable they are.
So go ask them if they'll do it again & see what they tell you.
If you were a parent would you leave your child alone with a 'reformed' abuser?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You have studied these animals ! You have been conned if you think they regret what they have done.They regret being caught. There is a big difference in that. Would you let these animals out and let them live next door to you. The answer would be a big NO. And why not? Because you know that they will always be a danger and cannot be rehabilitated and will offend again and again. Get your head out of the clouds and deal with reality.You wouldn't let a "remorseful child molesterer" babysit for you would you?Of course not. If you did you should be charged with child endangerment and locked up with these people.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stgazza

"They regret being caught."
You have it so RIGHT there mate & that's all they'll ever regret.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
there are a lot of unfounded accusations and assumptions going on here...

Hell no, I would not let one of them babysit my daughter. I am all for the US mandate that sex-offenders be labeled and communities by notified when they move in.

Some of them can "change their behavior" is what I said. I think most of them cannot be rehabilitated.

Fixing something like a tendancy to target children is, as I said in other posts, something that, if fixed, will take years of therapy.

I do not get paid to work with this population; it was part of an internship and general curiosity about one of the most difficult groups to help in all of Psychology.

Just because we don't agree with each other about a possible outcome of therapy does not mean I'm being duped...

edit on 13-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Since you've studied this maybe you can tell me if they can be rehabilitated without the use of certain drugs?
What happens when they can't get those drugs & they're living in our comunities?
Repeat offender? Yes?
You can't help them with best will in the world.
Peace.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join