It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in Jesus?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You make some good points there Charles, and I would be lying if I said I hadn't wondered at times about those things you said. Ultimately though, I guess what it boils down to is suspension of disbelief. To me it is more likely that the apostles and record keepers and your average passer by are mistaken in what they saw, or what they thought they saw, than it is to believe that a man(i use this term loosely) could rise from the dead, or cure blindness, or walk on water. It is more reasonable to attribute human error than to attribute miraculous supernatural abilities. I can fathom a sinister plot, a greedy agenda, pure human ignorance; because these things fit within the fabric of human tendencies. Miracles are so far beyond the realm of plausibility given what we know about our existence, it's only natural that faith carries people over the chasm of supernatural claims.

I am so made to not believe, faith is a gift I have yet to receive.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I would say that means he does not know you... and they will continue not believeing... even though life itself is proof of the true message.

Perhaps you're asking the wrong questions...

I forgot, you have all the right answers "Oh Holier Than Thou". You must be forgetting that Jesus said, multiple times even, that if you pray and ask for anything that you would receive it, period.

How does the supreme being not know his own child? Really?... Really? I believed that stuff for years. If he didn't know me by then, he was either an asshole, or he doesn't exist. My bet's on option 2.
edit on 14-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I believe in Jesus, that he was a good man. With a good heart.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus was taking more about his own ability to bring things about increasing.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I may not be as strong as you - that I can do so much work, but I believe in Jesus. I think I can see Jesus smiling at me because one time years ago I was meditating. I began calling on the name of Jesus and a face with black hair appearred. I feel close to Jesus, like I am a select few who really knows what he is like. I don't want to brag to people, I just what to be able to speak honestly without having to worry about cause and effect. I've seen Moses in a couple dreams. I may not be like an apostle and go do the work of Jesus in a new age 2012 sense, but as far as listening to him - I may have to yell and scream for you to hear me - Jesus can whisper and I will be able to hear him like a large speaker.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by Akragon
I would say that means he does not know you... and they will continue not believeing... even though life itself is proof of the true message.

Perhaps you're asking the wrong questions...

I forgot, you have all the right answers "Oh Holier Than Thou". You must be forgetting that Jesus said, multiple times even, that if you pray and ask for anything that you would receive it, period.

How does the supreme being not know his own child? Really?... Really? I believed that stuff for years. If he didn't know me by then, he was either an asshole, or he doesn't exist. My bet's on option 2.
edit on 14-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

I have answers, though my answers might not be yours...

When Jesus said that....

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

He was speaking to his followers, and he did exactly that... anything they asked of him he gave...

I believe you're misunderstanding the verse...

I actually meant Jesus does not know you...

of course God knows you, and all of his children...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by sacgamer25

I must make you see however, that I am not perfect. There are times when I get angry, or offend some one, or any number of other failings. These offenses have to mended as well as I can, and I have to try to prevent them from happening again. Not by making resolutions and gritting my teeth, I've tried that. But reducing or preventing them is a process difficult to explain. It involves Jesus, who made it possible for my case to be removed from the old law court, the Father, who is the final judge as well as the Father, and the Spirit, whose work is difficult for me to explain briefly.

I don't care what Jesus' name is, I know who He is.

With respect,
Charles1952

We agree completely. It is difficult, but what I hear too often is a defeatist attitude. I am still walking down my path with my own struggles. Often times what I say sounds like righteousness but I promise I am far from righteous.

The one thing I know for certain is Christ did not die on the cross for me to have a defeatist attitude. He died because he wanted me to achieve the goal he set for me. And to accept anything less is not respecting the sacrifice he made.

Like I said I still have my own struggles but I will not quit running the race because my goal is to be like Christ in the closest way any man could attain. My flesh may perish before I reach my goal but my spirit will not.

This is how we encourage each other. Our conversation, even though we have never met each other is more uplifting than one month’s worth of listening to a preacher. We are at church and we are building each other up. Thank you and forgive me if I sounded like anything more than a servant for God.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join