It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you REALLY believe in Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Believe in him, what does that mean?

Actually it is those who believe in him. This would mean to believe in what he said. What he says is anyone who listens to my words and puts them into practice.

Mathew 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Even the demons know who Jesus is and believe in him for he is real.

Only those that follow his commands prove that they believe in him.

If someone is still worried more about tomorrow than the good they can do today they don’t believe.
If one does not love their enemy than they don’t believe in him.
If one does not hate themselves (feels real remorse for what the sins they have committed), and fully submit to God and pray for a change of heart, they have not believed in him.

To receive baptism of the Holy Spirit one must truly believe and trust Jesus with everything.

Many people have been fooled by saying accept grace be water baptized and you are saved, and this may be true.

But if you truly want to receive the baptism of Christ you have to believe in him, not by just saying it, but by proving it. You must accept Grace and follow his commands.

Circumcision, Water Baptism, and saying you believe Christ was real, these are all outward signs.
It is only by picking up your cross, nailing your will to the Cross as Christ did for his father, and repenting (which literally means changing your ways), that you prove that you believe in Christ.

Jesus NEVER, NEVER, NEVER said this. Accept Grace try and be a better person but ultimately you will always be a sinner so be happy you have grace. It is the church that has said this. This is false doctrine that does not agree with Christ.

What Jesus does say is accept Grace and separate yourself from the things that make you unclean.

If you cannot understand these verses but you want to live free from sin, repent and follow Christ. If you do this you will receive the blessing of the baptism of Holy Spirit and you will live up to these verses. Have faith.

John 8:34, 36 Whosoever 34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Listen, EVERYONE God is calling us to the truth. A true believer of anything puts into practice those things that he believes are true. If you believe the words are of Christ are true, become a true believer by following his commands. Stop listening to men and start listening to Jesus.

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Luke 12:47 And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.

Mathew 7: 21-23 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Read these verses as many times as you need to so that you may not fall into the trap that the world has set for you. Simply SAYING LORD DOES NOT GUARANTEE you heaven, doing the will of the father is what gets you into heaven. WAKE UP and start listening to Jesus, he is calling you.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe that Jesus existed, it's just I'm confused about what I think about it.

It's hard to put trust in books that have been rewritten so many times over this long period.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by real_one
I believe that Jesus existed, it's just I'm confused about what I think about it.

It's hard to put trust in books that have been rewritten so many times over this long period.

So ask him to reveal himself to you and to show you the true messages in the new testament. Make the commitment to know him more and you shall know him more. Don't listen to what other people say, find out for yourself and make your choice.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thank you for your honesty.

I posted this to show the believers, especially those who believe and continue to go on sinning that they are not following Christ.

I also posted this for people like yourself so that you may know who follows Christ with their heart and who only claims to follow Christ. Many people claim to follow him but they do not.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

So ask him to reveal himself to you and to show you the true messages in the new testament. Make the commitment to know him more and you shall know him more. Don't listen to what other people say, find out for yourself and make your choice.

Star for you, listen to this reply it is much better than mine.

link   
i heard that the real Jesus was a Carpenter? am i remembering this correctly?

they have a few albums.. proof that he existed may be in the band photos. im on it guys

edit on 13-1-2012 by spaceg0at because: woof

link   
i believe that jesus was a hybrid half human and half alien.

other then that i cant believe anything else

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
no.

I absolutely do not. Just a silly fairy tale in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would say 99.9% of "Christians" are not followers of Christ. Though they claim to be and most are very well meaning. If even half of the 1 Billion or so did what he asked, I really doubt there would be a such a longing for his return and fix all that they have broken and the mess they gotten themselves into...

If he does return who wants to raise their hand saying they have been their brother’s keeper and been good stewards of his creation? Personally if Earth was my creation I would be pissed and...get this treat...I would the "keepers" worse because suppossedly THEY KNOW BETTER! Which is why I never liked the escape clause Rapture, let’s trash (see subjugate) the joint and get beamed up from faith in the lord! While you pagans/heathens/non-Christians who hugged all those trees and protected the animals can stay inherit this dung heap…

I also think while we are at it that that .1%(mostly innocent children) is the only ones who should be raptured (if there is such a thing) and if there is a end times the rest can sit here gnashing of teeth and such to reap what they have sown!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Growing up in the Christian church I fell into the "Christian" trap of Sunday worship. I witnessed many so called Christians spending more on a meal to eat out after church than they were willing to put into the offering plate just a few hours before.
I heard ministers speak great sounding cliches such as "The road to hell was paved with good intentions".
I could go on, but I think my point is made. I studied to be a minister for nearly Three years before my wife divorced me after she had an affair. I was unable to be a minister in the church after that.
I learned a great lesson about the church and Jesus over the years.
Jesus is more than real. His existence is profound and manifest in the trees, the wind, the rain; His way is in the whirlwind and the storm. I became a Registered Nurse instead of a Preacher. ....Now 40 years after the fact His spirit dwells in me. There is a power there. Real, and viable. I have seen people healed with a word.
Demons cast out without fanfare, and people saved on their deathbed.
Reality? Well I believe that the Road to Heaven was paved with good intentions. It is upon that premise that I realized Jesus' true nature.
One cannot walk through a door without intending to turn the knob.
One cannot drive to the local market in a car without first intending to turn the key.
One cannot even get out of bed in the morning without the intention of beginning his or her day.
One cannot do what is right just and good without first have the intention to do so.
In deed it is in the intention to do something that one finally succeeds.
If Jesus were to return right now for his bride, what do you suppose he will find?
A bride without blemish or a harlot? I hope for the former, I suspect many of the latter.
Faith in a God that cannot be seen? I have faith in the wind, but I cannot see it. I see the results of that wind.
Hence it is not necessary for me to see Jesus to have faith in him. I have also seen the results of his Spirit.
I have no fear of death, bur desire life.
So many Christians out there say they are literally willing to die for Christ.
So I will ask you....... "Are you also willing to live for him?"
So many believe Jesus is not real.....do you also not believe in the wind? You can't see it...only it's effects.
There is a lot of Christian bashing that goes on on ATS. I fail to understand where all the hatred comes from.
A true Christian will hate no one. Loving even an enemy.

DH

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dear sacgamer25,

Normally, I would write this in a U2U, but that didn't seem right. I applaud and admire you for your courage and faithfullness. Everyone should have a chance to know the Truth and the Love. Thank you for presenting this chance to many.

I have a little uncertainity in my own heart about the belief-act connection. Yes, I know it's there, and people have spent centuries discussing it. I don't want to start that, I just wanted to say I get a lot of comfort from Paul in the seventh chapter of Romans:

18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.
"For in my inner being I delight in God's law;" How beautiful.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
i believe that jesus was a hybrid half human and half alien.

other then that i cant believe anything else

As do I. His Father, not God, but a Pleiadian, named Jehovah in the Hebrew tongue, mixed his DNA with a human woman to produce the child, and many other such children too, even to today. This was done to correct mistakes made by the Annunaki and Draco, both of which had their own hybrid experiments.

Having read the NT many times, the man did have a pretty good message, but he was human, after all, he bled, and he died, and he did not die like was told, but many years later, probably in France. Of course, even if the bones are found and positively identified, the Religious people will kill to keep it secret. The man was no God, and I wish Christians would just get that straight.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

He never claimed to be God...

Im not sure i agree with this alien theory though...

There isn't proof Aliens exist at all...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What happens when he doesn't answer your call when you ask for years (in some peoples cases) or not at all? The lack of an answer gave me the true message.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe that he was a fictional character,albeit a well written one. As a fictional character I admire him, as a real person...I put him several magnitudes below Santa Clause.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

What happens when he doesn't answer your call when you ask for years (in some peoples cases) or not at all? The lack of an answer gave me the true message.

I would say that means he does not know you... and they will continue not believeing... even though life itself is proof of the true message.

Perhaps you're asking the wrong questions...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
I believe that he was a fictional character,albeit a well written one. As a fictional character I admire him, as a real person...I put him several magnitudes below Santa Clause.

Pfffhahaha!!!

I don't believe he leaves coal in your stocking if you're a bad boy...

Perhaps you might re-evaluate that statement

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In my view, Santa has more going for him in the "I'm real" department than JC does. He's certainly more real in the minds of alot of people these days, seeing how he get's more love on Christmas than JC does...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here's the problem I have with these types of replies. The believer just assumes that the person is either asking the wrong question, asking in the wrong way, or is somehow not sincere enough to deserve a clear and unmistakable sign. Myself I have prayed, asked for guidance, told "Him" that I would gladly follow the path of "his" choosing, if he would simply give me an indication(nothing earth shattering) of what "His" will is. To date, no responses, no indications, no clues,hints,nothing. Now I'm sure the next "logical" answer would be, that I am not seeing it, because my heart is not open, because the truth should be self evident, it's all around me blah blah blah. I don;t follow that argument, it's lame with excuses. As is the argument that he has a plan for me and it will be revealed at the most appropriate time. Bull. If I reach out sincerely, with an open heart and mind, and the "Word" is universal and timeless and inerrant, then I should receive some kind of response that doesn't require a complete and utter suspension of reason and disregard for reality.

In the absence of a reply, of any kind, to continue talking to what amounts to an imaginary friend is just delusional and out of touch with reality. But thats just me, your mileage may vary.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I understand if you say that the New Testament is a plot, or a lie, but I cannot accept that it was fictional. To believe those writings were a work of fiction, you'd have to believe that these fisherman created an entirely new school of literature on their own.

There was no such thing as "realistic fiction" at that time in any culture. The drawing in the sand, the making mud with spit, the thousand little details, are not found in fictional literature before that time. No, the New Testament could be many things, but it is not fiction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join