It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confused regarding 2 "voices" inside me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hi everyone,

all my self ive been catholic i think mainly because i was raised catholic, in the past 2 years its when i started questining things and went on to be come a truthseeker,

ive been confused these past days because i feel like there are 2 voices inside of me, i feel like my inner self/conscience/heart/gut feeling tells me thet catholicism is the truth..n my intellect/mind/reason tells me that im agnostic/truthseeker/spiritualperson i personally identify myself with being a truthseeker, i may be crazy or something or misinterpreting something, when i think about God, my lower half says that there is a creator, creation nesesitates a creator, then my mind tells me that i know nothing , i cant possibly know if God exists or not, i want to ignore the catholic/religious person inside of me, but then the threat of eternal damnation comes up, so i start thinking all over again about the truth/spirituality/religion etc... what can i do about this problem im having

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

It could be your conscience, your questioning nature or just your mind bubbling over. Just listen to it, do not act on it. I mean, if it tells you to go out and kill someone I might be worried but otherwise it is just your daily thoughts coming to the surface and asking for attention.

As for God, that is probably a question best left to others here. I can't help you with that.

As for crazy..I doubt it. Most crazy people rarely seem to ask themselves that question.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Go out into the mountains area or some where you get a nice view of your surroundings , i've noticed this is when prophets get messeges and interventions when nobody is around

Stand on that peak look up in the sky and say

Listen oh holy one ! master of master ! king of kings ! creator of the universe!

Why go through such pains to hide your self !

I want to dedicate my life to you , i want to represent you to the masses , i want to be proud and sure of whom i am following !

But you make it so difficult

tonight is your night ! Show your self or a clear sign or forever hold your peace as figment of my imagination!

Good day sir!

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I will be completely honest with you. You are yourself. You and only you know what is the truth to you. Not to put down religious people, but ask yourself, was i created by a person floating in the sky, or was i formed, through thousands of years of evolution. And if your fear of eternal damnation is all that keeps you from leaving your religion, I don't think that is the right religion for you... A religion based on fear is hardly a religion at all in my opinion. Be yourself, and if by some odd chance you are punished by the magical floating man in the sky, then would he really judge you badly for not worshiping him out of fear? A man who would send someone to "hell" for doing what they believed is hardly a man at all, let alone a god.. Follow your heart, be true to yourself. Seeking truth is the best thing you could do for now though, maybe take a break from being catholic, visit a Jewish temple, or a Buddhist monastery. Did you now catholics are literally the only religion that believe their god will banish them to "hell" just because a person didn't believe? In Judaism they believe god will send you to heaven, not based on your beliefs, but by your actions in life. In closing, I feel you need to search within, rather than without. Meditate on it, take an hour or two, sit down, and learn who you are, who you want to be. Fearing leaving your religion just because you don't want to go to hell is selfish, and being selfish is a sin. So no matter what you do, you are going to said "hell" if one exists. So don't fear leaving your religion, and don't fear joining a new one, after all, all gods will give you a heaven, not only the catholic one...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The 2 voices in your head are 1 your divine spirit and 2 your ego. Ego would be related to you wanting to believe in the religion you were raised to believe in. The world you were raised to believe in is merely an illusion, field with nothing but misguided history. You are a divine spirit, having a human experience. Nothing more, nothing less.Go with your heart.
Love and Light

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just a bit of advice from an old Woman who was raised in a strict Catholic home. 12 years of private Catholic schools.

When you on your quest for truth. Don't feel guilty for letting go of what you were indoctrinated with as a child. If your journey includes new truths that conflict with your old truths, it's ok. I too, went through those feelings.

You seem to be drawn to a less confining Spiritual path. It may be you are going through growing pains.

Over the years, and with much reading and learning of other paths, other than the one my parents set my feet on as a child, I found what worked for me. It was not the Catholic path. You will find what is your path...just stay on the journey.

Bright Blessings and fair journey,

Des
edit on 13-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Go out into the mountains area or some where you get a nice view of your surroundings , i've noticed this is when prophets get messeges and interventions when nobody is around

Stand on that peak look up in the sky and say

Listen oh holy one ! master of master ! king of kings ! creator of the universe!

Why go through such pains to hide your self !

I want to dedicate my life to you , i want to represent you to the masses , i want to be proud and sure of whom i am following !

But you make it so difficult

tonight is your night ! Show your self or a clear sign or forever hold your peace as figment of my imagination!

Good day sir!

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

ive been thinking about doing something like this, i think we all should do it regardless of our beliefs, go somewhere alone, somewhere with pure nature around it, not buildings or streets n all this manmade stuff
jus say to God prove your existence to me, something i cannot deny like talk to me n lift me in the air n into outer space n a mystical experience , more or less, one has to ask for a major proof, something extremely hard and complex because we could see something happen but it may be a spirit or an elemenal or an advacned being from anoher dimension n we r going to think it is God , but nay, it is something else...dammit im going to stop thinking about this n actually go out n do it

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

As you learn more about spirituality, youll see they are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi

I will be completely honest with you. You are yourself. You and only you know what is the truth to you. Not to put down religious people, but ask yourself, was i created by a person floating in the sky, or was i formed, through thousands of years of evolution. And if your fear of eternal damnation is all that keeps you from leaving your religion, I don't think that is the right religion for you... A religion based on fear is hardly a religion at all in my opinion. Be yourself, and if by some odd chance you are punished by the magical floating man in the sky, then would he really judge you badly for not worshiping him out of fear? A man who would send someone to "hell" for doing what they believed is hardly a man at all, let alone a god.. Follow your heart, be true to yourself. Seeking truth is the best thing you could do for now though, maybe take a break from being catholic, visit a Jewish temple, or a Buddhist monastery. Did you now catholics are literally the only religion that believe their god will banish them to "hell" just because a person didn't believe? In Judaism they believe god will send you to heaven, not based on your beliefs, but by your actions in life. In closing, I feel you need to search within, rather than without. Meditate on it, take an hour or two, sit down, and learn who you are, who you want to be. Fearing leaving your religion just because you don't want to go to hell is selfish, and being selfish is a sin. So no matter what you do, you are going to said "hell" if one exists. So don't fear leaving your religion, and don't fear joining a new one, after all, all gods will give you a heaven, not only the catholic one...

i think alot of people who r religious, where they believe in eternal hell/heaven, r religious because they want to go to heaven, but most importantly to avoid hell, if heaven n hell were never invented, alot of people would not be religious. it doesnt matter if they knew the bible or quran were true, or if indeed God existed, if there would be no reward or punishment after we die, alot of people would not be religious.

JSR

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

ok.....been there done that, still wondering. but here is how i deal with that feeling, and those thoughts.

some of my basic thoughts.
1st, you were raised catholic. me, Baptist. but either one, you gotta realize that you were "raised" something. thats many many years of unconscious acceptance of what is given for explanation of things we dont understand. your mind has already accepted these things. it is "auto-tuned" for response. the ego. so, you have to ask yourself, are these residual thoughts of a mind long passed, or the inner voice guiding you?

2nd. you do have and inner voice. you are connected to the everything, always. those inner voices are your deep level connection to the everything, whatever you do decide to call it. dont just ignore that concept, i do believe it is real.

3rd, as you question things long ago decided apon ( either consciously or unconsciously ) you have entered into an intellectual conflict. this is normal. just let the process happen.

4th, all things progress in time as they should. i am but a flicker in the flame of life. so dont decide right now. let it simmer in your brain in that unanswered column. dont be afraid to choose not to decided. your subconscious level brain does a great job of deciphering on its own. let it do its thing. the answers will eventually become clearer.

5th, this one youll just have to take that leap on your own. why on earth would a god of love damn you to hell? the only hell, is the one you create for yourself. god doesnt want you to be there. he wants you to live and love as much as you can. the only sin is the one where you prevent others from living and loving themselves. go read some near death experiences, none of them talk of hell. they all talk of a cleansing that happens. of a giant amount of love. love being the only thing that ever mattered.

so there is my advise. just remember to always always always be grateful. that part is important.

good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Take the High-Road. Just think: "With the doubts, as they are, would it be more-prudent to believe in a possibility, or deny such a circumstance could exist to begin with and bias your perspective?"

There's too much evidence to the contrary, not to believe. And if these "First Principles," of belief are indeed real, then what we have here is "Proof," which moves an age-old argument from simply "believing" toward the existence as fact.

It's all sublime and very obvious, even if we "can see" every color in the spectrum, we know instinctively, the "contrast" of black and white.

What you are experiencing is the "reconciliation" between physical and spirit. The beauty of the human spirit and capacity for striving to perfect ideals is what makes "us" the best and also the worst of "whom" we are as a species.

Isn't it wonderful that we are seeing the era of where we can see "hindsight" first before an event happens, rather than after? All it takes is a little "insight" into yourself to see the same thing in others. The ability is very attainable, but first, you'll have to develop an "open-mind." And once opened, you see both in-color AND black and white, and can easily tell the difference between the two.

When in doubt, take the "High-Road."

Read the literal, examine the parabola (parable) and determine the third interpretation.

Best,

Trek

Additional Resources: "Cognitive Dissonance."

Definition from Wikipedia: "Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously. In a state of dissonance, people may feel surprise, dread, guilt, anger, or embarrassment.[1] The theory of cognitive dissonance in social psychology proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by altering existing cognitions or adding new ones to create consistency."

See Reference Link: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-1-2012 by trekwebmaster because: Additional Resources...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The two persons could be left and right brains you could try quietning them by relaxation, meditation and listening to the third person who watches and guides them both. Its hard to explain the third one knows but it rarely consiousily (sorry spelt wrong) lets you know .You have to trust yourself and ask for answers .You should get some sort of indicator . Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"ive been thinking about doing something like this, i think we all should do it regardless of our beliefs,"

Most people are afraid they might get no answer , and it will bring there faith down . Its kinda like going in to the doctors and getting tested for that bumb your feeling. You just don't wanna hear it sometimes lol

" one has to ask for a major proof, something extremely hard and complex because we could see something happen but it may be a spirit or an elemenal or an advacned being from anoher dimension n we r going to think it is God ,"

Yea but that means you just uncovered some other supernatural force that seeks your attention ?

Is that better then no answer at all ?

What if through those forces you get to this god chap

"but nay, it is something else...dammit im going to stop thinking about this n actually go out n do it "

HOORAH.

Remember to tell god on that mountain, You cheated with all the prophets and the supporters ,

they got to see miracles , talking bushes , split seas , people rising from the dead , blind seeing again !

Tell him you deserve a peak at those cheats also ! Its not fair those generations get it and all you get is a old book with some stories !

Then say am i not good enough for you to give me a sneak peak like you did those previous generations?

Then say if you had given them ZERO miracles would they have believed in you ??

if not..

then how can you expect me too?

He might come down with a philosophical rage , or do what he does best

stay quiet good luck

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like two voices ... sounds like typical human doubt and questioning of everything.
I'd say having questions is normal. Searching for answers is healthy.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Don't worry...

Let's apply some reverse psychology.

Let's suppose that if we are indeed created in an image of God, suppose that to gain forgiveness, we should learn how to forgive ourselves and others, to be forgiven?

The light is there, and if we do learn how to do this as a whole, then there shall indeed be no more darkness.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Unlearning is a very big path to the truth ...It doesn't matter if you were brought up in a religious environment or not although it would mean you have more unlearning to do than someone that comes from outside religion . I speak from experience from the latter ...We are taught religious elements in secular society from a young age even if its not done in a church it still enters us and needs to be unlearned ....If your faith is based on the rock (Jesus) and seek Him with your whole heart you will find Him ....peace

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have been through this too.
I was brought up from 5 yrs as an Evangelical born again Christian I now see myself as a Follower of the Way. (This exact phrase is in the Bible.)
I started to look into things that would have made me exiled from the Church and called demon possessed.
As I was under a lot of physical stress, I decided to leave the Church anyway but not my Love of the Almighty and His Son. Not been easy but the stress levels went down.

I have since found out that the Church has been infiltrated and dumbed down for centuries. And I think it has been allowed by God, to see if you will break away from the bonds of this Earth and have a leap of faith.
Just remember all can be mimicked BUT NOT LOVE and the fruits of love.

If any of the voices go against the Bible don't do it but ask if the answer is in the Bible, (as I have found a lot in the Bible that is not being taught from the pulpits.)

Just this year I have also noticed I can hear his voice as if it is IN my head; before it was to the side, outside my head.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Do NOT let the fear of Hell prevent you from seeking truth my friend...

Hell is a means of control... fear based religion is the worse style, though i would say all religion is incorrect...

Hell does not exist according to the bible... And God will not condem his children for seeking him...

Follow your heart... study the words of Jesus if you believe in what he taught... they will show you the truth.

And believe it or not, God is not in the bible...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Embrace that knowledge seeking side of yourself. Break free of the oppressive bubble of Catholicism. You can understand it, and be on the outside looking in. You can be on the outside of every religion, and still be a "good", moral person.

Regardless, respect those who chose to "blindly" devote their lives to it (or Islam, Judaism, etc.), as it is their choice to do so, and their choice alone. It is their Truth. It is not your Truth.

Remember, there is nothing inherently wrong with religion. Religion is merely one man's ideas and "refinement" of the ambiguity of spirituality. Religion has just been twisted and distorted over the millenia to suit the needs and aims of evil men.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
First, there is no eternal damnation!

Second, listen to what your heart says is the truth!

Third, there is a God and She loves you!

Ribbit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join