It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Tension With Iran: US warns of military action over Strait of Hormuz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I beleive you have confused yourself with the label "anti american". What the adults are discussing is more appropriately labeled "anti murdering".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I personally don't see the US taking the 'first shot' in any confrontation. Even if the US Navy is confident in an ultimate victory if there is a shooting war in the strait, they are also aware that it will be a bloody affair that will cause casualties on both sides.

As long as Iran does not attempt to close that waterway, it seems unlikely that this will escalate. However, if Iran does try to close the strait, the US, along with many other of the world's navies, will have no choice but to reopen it by force. In that case, the first shot will be the act of closure and everything that follows, a direct result of that action.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Logman

But I'm sure you can't wait to watch a new war on CNN with your 300lb behind parked on an armchair, eating 3 large pizzas.

Was that necessary?

How about disagreeing without making things up about other posters...

Yep, pretty necessary. Warmongerers need to get served.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Is there anywhere in my posts that I stated that killing is "cool"? I think not. FYI, I earned a military paycheck.
When has stating facts become being a cheerleader for war and death? Although I served in the military, I do not support war. I am a human for goodness sake! But by the same token, I am not living in a fantasy world that says that these countries do not have any evil thoughts of causing harm on my country. Given the opportunity and resources, Iran would eliminate us in a heartbeat. Forgive me for not wanting them to have that opportunity. I guess I need to grow up.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You think Iranians are terrorists, because you are brainwashed. Muslim = terrorist. CNN told you so.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

But I'm sure you can't wait to watch a new war on CNN with your 300lb behind parked on an armchair, eating 3 large pizzas.

Was that necessary?

How about disagreeing without making things up about other posters...

Yep, pretty necessary. Warmongerers need to get served.

Judge and jury, huh?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Given the opportunity and resources, Iran would eliminate us in a heartbeat. Forgive me for not wanting them to have that opportunity. I guess I need to grow up.

Why do the Iranians want to eliminate the US (even if that is true which it is)? Why not remove the reason for the tension? Why are bombs the answer?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My thoughts go out to all those kids out there, any war will have casualties. My heart goes out to the families, friends, and loved ones..of those who won't be coming home..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You think Iranians are terrorists, because you are brainwashed. Muslim = terrorist. CNN told you so.

No, I think Iranians are terrorists because I served in the ME back before probably half of the basement dwellers here were even born.

You think MSM is 100% untrue because you have been brainwashed by conspiracy sites like this and it is the "in" thing to say.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Given the opportunity and resources, Iran would eliminate us in a heartbeat. Forgive me for not wanting them to have that opportunity. I guess I need to grow up.

Why do the Iranians want to eliminate the US (even if that is true which it is)? Why not remove the reason for the tension? Why are bombs the answer?

(even if that is true which it is) ...freudian slip?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If the US takes the first shot, they will only be considered the bullies by the uninformed that jump on the anti-american ban wagon which runs daily throughout this site. US military policy has always been to strike military installations, weapons depots, and nuclear production facilities. Does this not mean that there will be loss of innocent life? NO, but this is conflict...it happens...it is unfortunate. But our Marines are not strapping bombs to their chests and running into cafes or churches!

And all this talk of nuclear response if an American carrier is sunk (which BTW is almost impossible for Iran to accomplish) is a bunch of ignorant crap. We will do what we have always done- air superiority.

As far as China and Russia- they are in this in name only. Don't think for a minute that they aren't primarily concerned with their own economies in the whole scheme of things. They could care less about Iran as a country. This is a conflict of economies, plain and simple.

Iran is a loose cannon and it would be foolishness on the part of any country to trust them with nuclear weapons capability. For all those who do not believe that they are developing weapons... there is no way that a country would allow the situation to come to military conflict that would essentially cripple their country...for an alternative form of energy...get real
edit on 13-1-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

like Iraq eh. lulz WMD'S!!! WMD'S!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Iran posses NO threat to US soil, NONE what so ever.

They do not have ICBM's
And they could NEVER get a army to US

A terrorist attack blamed on Iran is very likely however in my opinion, though it will be a False Flag attack, that they blame on Iran so they can start the war, and justify the blookbath it will be.

Not so Iran Can hit US bases near the region .

Iran test-fires long-range missile which could hit Israel and U.S. bases in show of military power

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Iran said today it had successfully test-fired a long-range missile during its naval exercise in the Gulf - flexing its military muscle to show it could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the region if attacked.
The announcement came amid rising tension over Iran's disputed nuclear programme which Western powers believe is working on developing atomic bombs.
Tehran denies the accusation and last week said it would stop the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz if the West carried out threats to impose sanctions on its oil exports.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 13-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

If the US takes the first shot, they will only be considered the bullies by the uninformed that jump on the anti-american ban wagon which runs daily throughout this site. US military policy has always been to strike military installations, weapons depots, and nuclear production facilities. Does this not mean that there will be loss of innocent life? NO, but this is conflict...it happens...it is unfortunate. But our Marines are not strapping bombs to their chests and running into cafes or churches!

And all this talk of nuclear response if an American carrier is sunk (which BTW is almost impossible for Iran to accomplish) is a bunch of ignorant crap. We will do what we have always done- air superiority.

As far as China and Russia- they are in this in name only. Don't think for a minute that they aren't primarily concerned with their own economies in the whole scheme of things. They could care less about Iran as a country. This is a conflict of economies, plain and simple.

Iran is a loose cannon and it would be foolishness on the part of any country to trust them with nuclear weapons capability. For all those who do not believe that they are developing weapons... there is no way that a country would allow the situation to come to military conflict that would essentially cripple their country...for an alternative form of energy...get real
edit on 13-1-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

and I'm the one that needs to grow up...sheesh!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Iraq presented itself to the world as being in possession of those kinds of weapons. History shows that they did use them against Iran. So, there is precedent.

After that, Hussein... whether he actually had them in his arsenal still, played the WMD card for his own benefit. His neighbors certainly believed he did and so did NATO. In retrospect, he was a paper tiger who held on to power through that false fear. Unfortunately for him and the world, it also led to his own demise.

The US should have had better intel on this subject because the lack of those weapons has been a black eye on the US ever since. But at least some portion of the blame belongs to Mr. Hussein and the lie he rode into oblivion.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Yes, a grown up knows the difference between using violence as last measure of defense against an attack and a pre emptive attack based on the silly notion that a country with a nuke will "take out America".
How about them other countries with nukes? You seem to think you deal in reality so let me ask... when was the last time a country that dislked detonated a nuke near your house.
is this the first "crazy" leader with nuke capabilities (supposedly)?
edit on 13-1-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

Yes, a grown up knows the difference between using violence as last measure of defense against an attack and a pre emptive attack based on the silly notion that a country with a nuke will "take out America".
How about them other countries with nukes? You seem to think you deal in reality so let me ask... when was the last time a country that dislked detonated a nuke near your house.
is this the first "crazy" leader with nuke capabilities (supposedly)?
edit on 13-1-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

Seems to me that the grown ups that are in charge of this country and the military are taking the idea of a nuclear Iran as more than a "silly notion". I imagine that all the "Death to America" chants from times past may have tipped them off, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

US - We are going to sanction your country, no oil trading, no international banking, no nothing with anyone else because we are concerned you might be able to enrich Uranium to 20% and might build a bomb.

IRAN - We aren't building a bomb, we're using it for domestic purposes, come see for yourself.

US - No we won't come and see for ourselves...You ARE going to make a bomb...this false UN report says so

IRAN - A bit unfair on us don't you think? We can't sit back here and watch you ruin our country through trade without retaliating...so we don't want you using the strait.

US - Try and stop us and we'll destroy you, we'll nuke you

IRAN - ?????? and we're seen as the bad guys in this??????

CLINTON - We came, We saw, We conquered

PALIN - kahgalkgnbdfjktuwhgwkb

US CITIZENS - Vote Obama, Vote Obama, Vote Obama

DAVID CAMERON - Iran is the biggest threat since humanity started..we must destroy

BANKERS - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ME - What a god forsaken planet of morons we live on...

The US and Europe are meant to be the lands of freedom, democracy, prosperity, ultimate humanity etc etc etc

It seems more and more like its the land of the insane...

What a pi** take...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So we should stir up tensions because a few civilians chant "death to Americans".
hardly warrants talks of military strikes by the US. I maintain that a more mature reaction will contribute greatly towards peace on this planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Nor are the Iranians. But the Marines are certainly running into mosques with machine guns.

That was a bit out of line don't you think. How can you just assume someone watches CNN?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.

This has gone way beyond a few people chanting. If we just sit back and wait we will become incapable of stopping Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Although I wish a military strike could be avoided, I prefer a precision strike early over standing idly by while our enemy advances militarily.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join