It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Tension With Iran: US warns of military action over Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Dangerous Tension With Iran

www.nytimes.com

Dangerous Tension With Iran

With tensions rising over Iran’s nuclear program, the Obama administration has now warned the country’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, that Iran’s threat to close the Strait of Hormuz would provoke an American response.

Many officials, experts and commentators increasingly expect some kind of military confrontation.

An accelerating covert campaign of assassinations, bombings, cyberattacks and defections — carried out mainly by Israel, according to Times...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: Fixed link and title

edit on 13-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You can read the rest in the article.

It looks like things are heating up, with an official threat of military action now being given.

It has now turned from "Show of force" to verbal threats and ultimatums...

It looks like the saber-rattling has come to an end, and the thumb-biting has begun.

All we need now is the opening slap...

Good luck everyone... We may all need it.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

An accelerating covert campaign of assassinations, bombings, cyberattacks and defections — carried out mainly by Israel, according to The Times — is slowing the program, but whether that is enough is unclear.

so we already know who pulled the trigger first, I'm not surprised one bit
edit on 13-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So a question to everyone on here.

If the US strikes 1st they will be the bully once again.

So what are the chances that the US might turn a blind eye and allow an attack to get through their defenses so that they can do what ever they want.

Allowing a small attack through wont do and it would have to be on the scale of 911, so maybe allowing a state in the US to be bombed or allowing them to sink a battleship

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
So a question to everyone on here.

If the US strikes 1st they will be the bully once again.

So what are the chances that the US might turn a blind eye and allow an attack to get through their defenses so that they can do what ever they want.

Allowing a small attack through wont do and it would have to be on the scale of 911, so maybe allowing a state in the US to be bombed or allowing them to sink a battleship

Iran posses NO threat to US soil, NONE what so ever.

They do not have ICBM's
And they could NEVER get a army to US

A terrorist attack blamed on Iran is very likely however in my opinion, though it will be a False Flag attack, that they blame on Iran so they can start the war, and justify the blookbath it will be.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Well, it wouldn't be the first time... and it's been VERY successful in the past... I think it's a distinct possibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is the next step in the escalation.

Iran now has no choice but to answer this ultimatum.

This will not end well for anyone involved.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Nobody pulled the trigger yet.What you call the trigger is not actually a trigger.When first missile will hit that will be the trigger.

Who will do it first? My bet is that Iran will do it first (or it will look like they do it first = false flag).
Iranian generals warned 2 times US navy : firstly warned Stennis not to come back in the Gulf and secondly stating that US navy presence in Gulf is not wanted and its a menace.
Also, they warned that they will block the Strait if West continues with sanctions (and West did it).

PR wise, Iran already lost.They declared only stupid things in last 10 days, and everything that will happend next will be blamed (and believed by most) on Iran.False flag or not, Iran is in crosshairs now.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ugggh....it's only a matter of time. I'm sure this will happen........

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am American. The vast majority of civilized adults in my country are not war mongering ignoramuses. Obama and irresponsible journalists alike cannot think past the mentality of children on a playground intent on using physical vilolence to get there way. I guess its time again to justify the idea that we need a grand military complex.
i apologize to all freedom loving, kind natured people of the world.
Unfortunatly for us, there is too much money to be made by killing men woman and chldren in cold blood.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If the US takes the first shot, they will only be considered the bullies by the uninformed that jump on the anti-american ban wagon which runs daily throughout this site. US military policy has always been to strike military installations, weapons depots, and nuclear production facilities. Does this not mean that there will be loss of innocent life? NO, but this is conflict...it happens...it is unfortunate. But our Marines are not strapping bombs to their chests and running into cafes or churches!

And all this talk of nuclear response if an American carrier is sunk (which BTW is almost impossible for Iran to accomplish) is a bunch of ignorant crap. We will do what we have always done- air superiority.

As far as China and Russia- they are in this in name only. Don't think for a minute that they aren't primarily concerned with their own economies in the whole scheme of things. They could care less about Iran as a country. This is a conflict of economies, plain and simple.

Iran is a loose cannon and it would be foolishness on the part of any country to trust them with nuclear weapons capability. For all those who do not believe that they are developing weapons... there is no way that a country would allow the situation to come to military conflict that would essentially cripple their country...for an alternative form of energy...get real
edit on 13-1-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nothing new here. Just an opinion piece by the New York Times.

1) Iran is not going to close the Straits of Hormuz until the oil embargo starts to bite into their economy. This is months away.

2) The US isn't going to attack Iran unless they close the Straits (see 1)

Any military action is months away but there is one wild card and that is Israel. Israel could bomb the nuclear facility at Forza (and other nuclear facilities) and any time but the fact that bases are being bombed and scientists are still being assassinated means that they are still trying to avoid it. But now enrichment has moved to the almost impregnable Forza site Israel will feel the clock is ticking. If they can't sabotage it they will attack within the next 6 weeks.

What happens after that is anyone's guess. Will Iran retaliate against Israel or will they take it on the chin? If missiles rain down on Tel Aviv will Israel nuke Tehran? This is going to be a wild year that's for sure and the chance of desert turning into glass is very high.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Bottom line is, Iran will not close the strait.

Doing so would be economic suicide for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
If the US takes the first shot, they will only be considered the bullies by the uninformed that jump on the anti-american ban wagon which runs daily throughout this site. US military policy has always been to strike military installations, weapons depots, and nuclear production facilities. Does this not mean that there will be loss of innocent life? NO, but this is conflict...it happens...it is unfortunate. But our Marines are not strapping bombs to their chests and running into cafes or churches!

Nor are the Iranians. But the Marines are certainly running into mosques with machine guns.

But I'm sure you can't wait to watch a new war on CNN with your 300lb behind parked on an armchair, eating 3 large pizzas.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There also will not be any false flag. The west is now conditioned to war on muslims and will swallow anything anyone does. Israel don't care and will attack when and if they want, they don't need an excuse.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

But I'm sure you can't wait to watch a new war on CNN with your 300lb behind parked on an armchair, eating 3 large pizzas.

Was that necessary?

How about disagreeing without making things up about other posters...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

To say that Iran has not supported terrorist acts is pure ignorance or the words of a person in denial.

On your second point, do you have a magic crystal ball that can give you insight as to my physical stature and position? How do you know anything about me? I could be an active military person, a retired Navy officer, a government employee or even a 400lb fat slob! Your comments are stereotypical, ignorant, and only reinforce my previous comments concerning the anti-american choo choo that runs through here.

Good day.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Thank you for your intelligent and level-headed comment. It is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It will be a flase flag that gets the ball rolling in my opinion.

A terrorist bomb in Israel my guess blamed on Iran.

Cant the world just get along.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Most likely you or someone close to you gets a paycheck from our military. It doent make killing any more justifiable. Grow up please. Death is like totally not cool. Well maybe in Rambo movies it is.

<<   2  3 >>

join