It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India heads toward cashless society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
link

This is what is going on:

All ten digits of the hand will be recorded, and both eyes will be scanned.

Now, looking around, I think that some form of this has already been brewing for a while in India, but they never actually set all of this up and made it this far-reaching.

If they can do this in India with a huge population, how long is it going to take before they do this in other places?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

In a world where everyone is trustworthy, this would be wonderful.
Even in a world with limited corruption this would be wonderful, and could even be used against crime.

Unfortunately, especially where we have societies who's governments are essentially an enemy of the people they're suppose to represent, this has all sorts of horrible potential for abuse and exploitation.

A cashless society would be cool. A society completely independent from money on track for Utopia would be cooler.
Too bad, that will likely not be the case.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

cashless society would be cool

paying for items with digital credits, using fingerprint and eye scanners.. everything you spend tracked and recorded..

kidnap and mutilation involving criminal elements.

maybe in your ideal world?

edit on 13/1/12 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Ehhhh NO!
Cash in hand or I don't bother with it.
Everything is going toward cards...Please keep the banks away from my money, they have meeeeelions of vaults and accountants and yet my money is far safer with me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Aren't the lower castes mostly cashless?

So they are well on their way.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
India is being used as the beta-test. This is scary, we all knew this would eventually come, the NWO want us as their slaves

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

paying for items with digital credits, using fingerprint and eye scanners.. everything you spend tracked and recorded..

edit on 13/1/12 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty sure you missed the context of that statement. You did see and comprehend the use and implication of the word 'unfortunately'? Please go back and look for the word 'unfortunately' a second time. If you look hard, you might see it.

Very simply, in an IDEAL world, a cashless society would be great. UNFORTUNATELY, this is not said ideal world.

Please attempt to restrain yourself from condescension when you essentially just said what I already said.
You're only an embarrassment to yourself in that your lack of reading comprehension is showing.
Thank you.

edit on 13-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

If they can do this in India with a huge population, how long is it going to take before they do this in other places?

America is watching and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if this is the testing ground for the eventual NWO agenda.

Coming soon to an American city near you...then county, state, and finally the prize...America.

Anyone still standing behind these so-called "It's all for the betterment of humanity" plans?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

I'm pretty sure you missed the context of that statement. You did see and comprehend the use and implication of the word 'unfortunately'? Please go back and look for the word 'unfortunately' a second time. If you look hard, you might see it.

Very simply, in an IDEAL world, a cashless society would be great. UNFORTUNATELY, this is not said ideal world.

Please attempt to restrain yourself from condescension when you essentially just said what I already said.
You're only an embarrassment to yourself in that your lack of reading comprehension is showing.
Thank you.

Your post was not very clear then.. firstly you used the word unfortunately before you made the statement about a cashless society..

then you proceed to try and formulate an "intelligent" sounding reply in coming back with what can only be regarded as a snarky comment.. which doesnt really come across, if im to be honest.. you have actually embarrassed yourself..

In an ideal world mate, fairies would fly down and sprinkle sugar on my cereal every morning and my missus would stop spending money on frivolous items..

Exactly how do you propose a cashless society works? even in this little fantasy world of yours?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Thank-you, that is very interesting. I have always been of the opinion that such a step would be implemented through the lower socio-economic sectors. In western countries I believe it will initially take place through those on social security (welfare) payments, released prisoners and other financialy fragile persons who would accept this process due to their economic needs. Government employees would be a logical second step and then a slow but sure expansion into all walks of life, unless of course you are massively wealthy then I am sure there would be an alternate system.

Again, thanks for that.

Regards,

Jarrah.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
link

This is what is going on:

All ten digits of the hand will be recorded, and both eyes will be scanned.

Now, looking around, I think that some form of this has already been brewing for a while in India, but they never actually set all of this up and made it this far-reaching.

Its old news...

Here is some UPDATE on "Aadhaar (India's UID project)"

Its time to disown this Idea
www.thehindu.com...

The government should pay heed to the parliamentary standing committee's views and suspend the Aadhaar project. It would be a travesty to push the project in through the backdoor.

“…The Committee categorically convey their unacceptability of the National Identification Authority of India Bill, 2010…The Committee would, thus, urge the Government to reconsider and review the UID scheme.…”

Blow to Aadhaar project as Bill is rejected
www.thehindu.com...

The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance has rejected the National Identification Authority of India (NIAI) Bill, which was meant to give a legal backing to the Aadhaar project and its aim of using biometrics to create a unique identity for every resident of India.

Sources in the Committee say the Bill has been rejected in its current form on the grounds of the project's high cost, as well as concerns regarding national security, privacy and duplication of the National Population Register's (NPR) activities. One major sticking point was reportedly the Aadhaar project's ambition to enrol every “resident” of the country, rather than every “citizen.”

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I hardly use cash for anything these days, paycheques are deposited into the banks digitally by anyone owing us money, transfers are digital, debit cards used for most things, cheques for others. Sometimes a credit card.
I handle less than $200 cash in a month, it's been like that for years now, everything else is digitally done.

That said, I would rather lose my debit card, or credit card, than my fingers or eyes, to an identity thief...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Compromise reached on UID project row
www.hindustantimes.com...

A compromise formula over identity cards for 1.2 billion Indians was worked out Friday with the government asking both the home ministry and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to collect biometric data without any duplication.
A cabinet committee on UIDAI chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh settled the turf war between home minister P. Chidambram and Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and extended the mandate of UIDAI (which comes under the Planning Commission) to issue 600 million cards in 16 states and union territories.

The home ministry will cover the remaining 600 million people as part of the National Population Register (NPR) being prepared by the Registrar General of India.

Chidambaram said both UIDAI and the NPR will go ahead with their work simultaneously and try to complete the process by mid-2013.

The home minister said there could be around 5% duplication in the entire process but that is negligible.

Duplication in collection of biometric data by Nandan Nilekani-led UIDAI and the NPR and security issues involved in the process had sparked a row between the Planning Commission and the home ministry.

"The NPR will continue to capture biometric data, but if a person says he or she has taken an Aadhar (UIDAI) number, no biometric data will then be collected by the NPR," home minister P. Chidambaram said at a joint presser with Nilekani and Montek Singh Ahluwalia.

"We had raised the issue that there will be duplication in the collection of biometric ID. We had proposed that one authority will collect biometric, the second authority will take it," said Chidambaram.

After Chidambaram flagged the security issue, Nilekani said the UIDAI will do a complete review of its strategy over the next six to eight weeks.

"We will start covering the additional 400 million people only in April this year," said Nilekani.

The UID project, called Aadhar, aims to give every Indian resident a unique identity number.

The NPR would lead to a resident identity card which will culmitnate in a citizenship card.

The whole effort is aimed at using the identity so generated to improve delivery of various public services, said Chidambaram.

The UID project is primarily aimed at ensuring inclusive growth by providing a form of identity to those who do not have any identity.

It seeks to provide UID numbers to the marginalized sections of society and strengthen equity.

The cabinet committee approved an additional expenditure of Rs.5,000 crore for the project.

Around 17 crore enrolments have been completed by the UIDAI and as on Jan 20, 2012 with 11.90 crore Aadhaar numbers generated.

Montek Singh says UID project should go on
www.deccanchronicle.com...
edit on 28-1-2012 by flyingdonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join