It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to withdraw 7000 troops from Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

US to withdraw 7000 troops from Europe

www.perthnow.com.au

THE United States plans to withdraw about 7000 US troops of the 81,000 troops based in Europe, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday.
In an interview with the Armed Forces Press Service, Panetta said two brigade combat teams, or roughly 7000 US troops, would be withdrawn from Europe, but rotational units would still maintain strong military presence in the region.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ok guys if this is here already please delete and move where nessacary.

So we have here 7000 troops being moved out and we also have the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

Now the question to ask here is why?

What is the real reason behind these withdrawals?

Is he withdrawing troops due to show everyone he did as he promised at the election? Only due to the fact the mass of sheep only seem to remember the last few months of a presidency.

Could this be basically a withdrawal to bring troops back to prepare for Iran and send a mass of troops to Iran to die for a BS cause or reason?

I have a feeling it will be for both I suspect we will see a lot more withdrawals due to these 2 reasons and most probably he is worried about Ron Paul being the contender and his message of bringing troops home making Obama a 1 term president.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

www.perthnow.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What about they withdraw ALL OF THEM?

I mean, it's not like Germany is about to invade France.

Unless those soldiers are there to look for bankers and arresting them, bring back the troops.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Bring them all home from everywhere! Cut down the millitary immensly and rework the budget to chop away at some of the debt!
Or is that thinking like too much of an adult for our war lovers in this country?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Great! As long as they are not used to flesh out the Northcom brigade combat teams to bust civilian heads on u.s.soil during civil unrest...

edit on 12-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They're just trying to steal Ron Pauls idea so obama can say he thought of it

edit on 12-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

Yeah that's one of the reasons I believe is right too will be interesting to see how this goes with voters though

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
They're just trying to steal Ron Pauls idea so obama can say he thought of it

edit on 12-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

Yep. That's Obama trying to get some votes from Ron Paul.

All his talk of ``cutting the military budget`` is too. It's all BS.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Reasons for redeploying troops from Europe:

1/ the cold war is over - there's been a slow but steady reduction in troop numbers in Europe for a decade or 2 now
2/ overall troop numbers are being cut - the Europe stations have to lose some too
3/ Defence priorities are moving Asia-wards - hence troops need to be found to be available for deployment there.

Glad o help deny ignorance!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
yea but i bet they will be heading to ISRAEL

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
YouTube Is Closing Accounts Of People Who Uploaded The Marine Video !!!

Go to this video -

www.youtube.com...

And look at all the videos to the right, see all the blank ones ???

They all say -

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

THAT'S MESSED UP! THAT'S CENSORSHIP PLAN AND SIMPLE!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

That's copyright violation.

2nd

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
NATO Operation Eagle Guardian must be downsizing.
Russia must not be so scary any more.

www.wikileaks.ch...
edit on 12-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Reasons for redeploying troops from Europe:

1/ the cold war is over - there's been a slow but steady reduction in troop numbers in Europe for a decade or 2 now
2/ overall troop numbers are being cut - the Europe stations have to lose some too
3/ Defence priorities are moving Asia-wards - hence troops need to be found to be available for deployment there.

Glad to help deny ignorance!

The most intelligent reply in this thread. I'd flag ya if I could, but least ya get a star.

I love a conspiracy as much as the next guy...but this ain't one of them.

We'll be seeing those Soldiers in the unemployment figures before to long.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just seeing if you were awake Mod.

edit on 13-1-2012 by JudgeDeath because: I broke ATS THC Rules

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Are the planning on keeping the troops in America? It might be that the Gov. is preparing for people to riot.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

It has to do with the restructuring the Pentagon is doing in the face of massive budget cuts to the DoD as well as other agencies in order to cut spending.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
That's copyright violation.

THAT'S why the troops are being recalled... he needs them for SOPA enforcement

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think the real question here is why are they even in Europe to begin with? Do we really need to pay for bases all over the world with a $15 trillion dollar debt? How would we feel if China decided it's going to set up a base in Atlanta because they want to and we have no say so in the matter?

And you wonder why the world hates us.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesclo
I think the real question here is why are they even in Europe to begin with?

The USSR, Cold war - it's been a while now, but sometimes it takes the "establishment" a little while to catch up with current events, but they haven't been doing too bad - there were 315,000 US troops in Europe in 1989 - that's a reduction of over 75% over the last 20 years!

Annual maximum deployment figures can be found in this xls spradsheet from this article

Do we really need to pay for bases all over the world with a $15 trillion dollar debt?

Depends

How would we feel if China decided it's going to set up a base in Atlanta because they want to and we have no say so in the matter?

Stupid analogy - AFAIK the governments are more or less happy to have US bases in most places they exist - except Cuba! The foreign exchange alone makes most of them worthwhile...most of the time!

And you wonder why the world hates us.

Not when I read ATS I don't - the hate you feel has little or nothing to do with troop bases unless you're in Iraq, Okinawa or Cuba!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join