It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have any enemies on this website?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I disagree with you about the avatar issue. One should alway judge another by their post's content, not the picture they use for their avatar. You know the whole book by its cover thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
NO, I don't have any enemies online. Thanks for asking! I don't have any enemies really. That would imply I share some sort of hatred towards someone, and that is something I find really tough to do.

I must say, if you feel you have enemies on this website with only 107 posts, then maybe you are making things a little more personal than they should be.

I would recommend not so much Hater-ade

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

I disagree with you about the avatar issue. One should alway judge another by their post's content, not the picture they use for their avatar. You know the whole book by its cover thing.

Disagreement acknowledged

It should be that way...only content being how people approach a poster. But, it doesn't always work that way.

Ever heard of the saying...one picture is worth a 1,000 words> Don't judge a book by it's cover?

There is a reason there are even those sayings. Because people do make judgements on first impressions.

I did change my avi, due to many people assuming I was a sad person. I got tired of explaining to people I chose the avi for the poor people in Japan, dealing with all the horrible outcome of the 2011 EQ.

Changing my Avi to still honor my feelings on Japan, changed how some people interpreted some of my posts.

Just sayin'....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I apparently have one rival. A U2U came telling me that much. I tried to find a thread where we had both exchanged words, I couldn't so moved on.

As I'm sure you've noticed, people post here for many reasons. Some are star and flag whores (can't think of a nicer way of saying it), some are trolls, some are shills, some are also fools, and then the majority, probably just curious.

I generally haven't seen too many people who I "don't like" but for what it's worth, the ones I don't like are the constant "debunkers". They are right about everything, know all there is to know on any given subject (ranging from diverse subjects like politics, to space flight to the 9/11 stuff) and spend more time on this site than a regular person would ever be able to. Their opinion is also set in stone, along with that of the government. That's a clue there... With some people there is also no point discussing anything, it's a waste of your time and energy. Having said that, they are not too numerous yet...

The people I don't like are the grammar/typo/semantic nazis, but that's just a personal thing of mine. People who argue on format rather than content generally don't have much to add to anything.

So, in summary, yes and no. I have people I don't agree with but that is not the same as not liking them. I tend to not like people because of various things like rudeness, arrogance, egotism, etc.

PS I think Destinyone gave you a good tip and a free avatar too.

I think manners and humour are probably the best 2 weapons you could have in yout arsenal when visiting ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As always, I'm confused.

How would you know if you had an enemy? It can't be just someone who disagrees with you. Nobody on here agrees completely with anyone else. I don't think it's someone who can't restrain their passions and uses harsh words. That's just a person with self-control problems, not an enemy.

Doesn't an enemy have to be someone who can hurt you, or that you believe might possibly hurt you? I don't know of anyone here who could hurt me, now, or in the future. Sorry, but I don't think anyone here has enemies.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My only enemy is intolerance...

I simply will not tolerate it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
I have several "enemies"
How about you?

I have several members who regularly disagree with me on certain subjects, and sometimes in a kinda snarky manner. I do that, too. These people are not my "enemies" and many of them I like and respect. They are my "playmates" on this "playground".
They are my friends.

Many have put me on their "rivals" list, but I have no one on mine.

reply to post by TupacShakur

Didn't you forget somebody?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by DresdenCodex

Enemy means someone that you do not agree with and fight.

Open up a dictionary once in a while.

When I took my military training, enemy meant the other side people you were being sent to kill.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So an avatar reflects on how a person acts or who he is?

So if i have a pic of pedobear i am a pedophile? *sigh the ignorance is strong with people like you*
edit on 12-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So an avatar reflects on how a person acts or who he is? i would just call you an eco nut because of your avatar.

So if i have a pic of pedobear i am a pedophile? *sigh the ignorance is strong with people like you*

You have just confirmed some of my assessment of you. You didn't bother to keep reading in the thread did you.

Just knee jerk reaction to something I said very politely to you. I've come to the conclusion your threads are a waste of my time. Good Luck...really, I mean that.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No enemies, but I do skip posts that use
.....those. Makes me think they are too young to be on the computer without supervision.

I also choose to skip posts were they CAPITILIZE EVERYTHING LIKE THISSSSSS! Makes my ears hurt, no bueno.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Hey i'm not the one going around accusing people of them being kids or not and i do not force people to tell them which avatars best suit them so they do not look like kids.

Politely? naa you said it like you have a problem with ME or something.

A waste of time? then why bother if it is a waste of time :-D

Read my signature bro.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Haha okay i get it

But if you read some replies on here....it doesn't even answer my thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I think the point being made was that yours comes over as a little bit "jokey", but then it's your avatar and your choice.

An avatar can influence people's impressions, as already stated. Animals are a popular avatar here, many have photos of their own pets.
It's also why some themes are not allowed, sex, offensive images, guns pointed at viewer, etc, etc. It wasn't a personal attack on you or your avatar.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That wasn't a jab at you or anyone in particuliar, actually. As I said, I skip them.

Oh, and I like your avatar, by the way (says the man with a batman avatar).

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Makes me wonder what people think of my avatar. What does a broken mirror say about me?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Makes me wonder what people think of my avatar. What does a broken mirror say about me?

That you shouldn't go out in public without a bag over your head. Just kiddin.....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Haha no clue ;D but i assume some just see it and say "anger issues much?"

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Thanks
at least one person likes it

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Originally posted by Glass

That you shouldn't go out in public without a bag over your head. Just kiddin.....

Heh, well perhaps you shouldn't be trusted with orphans.

reply to post by Glass

Haha no clue ;D but i assume some just see it and say "anger issues much?"

Fair enough, I used to have anger issues of a sort. Not anymore, since I've distanced myself from the type of people that raise my temper.
edit on 12/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join