It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Hi from Canada.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Try again

Since you're from S.Africa, and one of my fave bands are from there (Seether), mind describing a typicle day in south africa? I've heard conflicting stories, so just curious, how would you describe S.A.. A typical day, a bad day?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome from an ex-SAffer (I traded the heat and droughts in for cold and ice)
. You will notice that there are a few SAffers on ATS
. Enjoy your stay

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks,its nice to be here,and meet folks from other countries.This is the only way,lol,as im far too poor to travel.As im new,this site is quite overwhelming,cus the format is very different from the other one im usualy on.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

LOVe Seether,specialy Rise above this!my day wont be typical,i guess,cus im not employed,and im living out in the Bush,but its for most folks pretty much the same as elsewhere,the daily grind,except it IS much more dangerous cus of all the crime.Its second nature to be watchful,especialy on the roads..They real bad cus the government steals the taxpayers money,instead of the country's existing infrastructure in good condition,see.Also plenty of hijackings.And Farm murders.but there,s a lotta good too,its a wonderful country,beautiful nature and for the most part,warm friendly and decent folks..My typical day is to get up,feed my kid+grab some coffee,have it out in nature(our yard is bordered by a small game reserve),normal housework,going on my other site,and spending a lotta time outside,there,s zebras and apes and hundreds of type of birds,realy cool.Must seem boring,but if you love nature,its great,and no pressure and pollution.

i

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
welcome to ATS.
no apes or zebras in my neck of the country... (usa)
Someday I hope to be able to travel to other countries, I would so love to go to South America and Australia.
Of course, that is if the world holds up long enough.

enjoy your stay.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by theRhenn

LOVe Seether,specialy Rise above this!my day wont be typical,i guess,cus im not employed,and im living out in the Bush,but its for most folks pretty much the same as elsewhere,the daily grind,except it IS much more dangerous cus of all the crime.Its second nature to be watchful,especialy on the roads..They real bad cus the government steals the taxpayers money,instead of the country's existing infrastructure in good condition,see.Also plenty of hijackings.And Farm murders.but there,s a lotta good too,its a wonderful country,beautiful nature and for the most part,warm friendly and decent folks..My typical day is to get up,feed my kid+grab some coffee,have it out in nature(our yard is bordered by a small game reserve),normal housework,going on my other site,and spending a lotta time outside,there,s zebras and apes and hundreds of type of birds,realy cool.Must seem boring,but if you love nature,its great,and no pressure and pollution.

i

Salutations and well met!

So, S.A. is much like the US, minus the exotic wildlife and clean air

One of these days I will make my way there. There are a few places that I have to visit some day, with hopes, soon.

S.Africa, Austrailia, Ireland, Scottland, France, Italy.. That should be enough

Once again, welcome to ATS! Hope you enjoy everything we have to offer. I know you'll find a topic here you'll like. Hope to see ya around!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd like to buy a piece of land over there when I get the money. Where would you suggest? Or would you even suggest the move? Just trying to get out the states before it turns into a prison.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

And a hi back to you... from South Africa

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Hey,yeah i would definitely suggest you bail,while there is yet time.There,s so many places to consider when buying property,but the area where i live,in the Lowveld,Mpumalanga Province,is one of the most geologicaly stable on the planet..on a metaphysical level,i do have a Knowing that its a Haven,a safe place in the world but of course i dont expect you to go on that.Also,the Western Cape is awesomely beautiful but likely more expensive than else in SA..Kwazulu Province is exellent too,green +lush,and the city of Durban is modern+fun.Cape Town is wonderful,but property prices there are enough to make you propectile-vomit nonstop until you die.But then,with the exchange rate in your favour,considering the value of our Mickey Mouse currency,odds are you may be able to swing it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeCottageCheese

Oh cool,a Mzansi-person,where do you live,if you dont mind me asking,im in Barberton in the Lowveld,as you can see from other replies.Hamba Kahle,Sala Kahle!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Haai daar!

You will soon be a wizz on this site, and when that happens you will be amazed at it's extremely versatile features and capabilities.

Just to fill you in, if you go to the ribbon at the bottom, and click on messages and then click on replies, you will have a straight path to everyone that replied to your posts. Took me a good 3 weeks before I discovered that one.

So, welcome to ATS. We need lots more South Afircans on here. Spread the word to your friends maybe?

So much happening in the world that SA hardly gets to know about. I lived across the big blue for a good 10 years and came back in 2010.

I am in Pretoria. Never thought I would live in Gauteng. But, circumstances brought us here. Am a Durbanite and miss the sea like crazy. Grew up in the bush in Mtubatuba, then Zululand. It was awsome and i miss the bush and the wild. Even the baboon spiders! I really dislike the city, but am slightly stuck here.

Well, have a good one!
edit on 12-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Always good to see fellow Saf-Efrikans make their appearance here on ATS.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help and happy posting!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I must say, I miss some parts of the SA society greatly ... The Kalahari, the clear nights, the non-quiet when you are out in the bush, always some insects singing during the day, the creepy crawlies you find anywhere, the snakes, etc, and the frog sounds at night.
Totally unlike where I am now, where the forests are so quiet that you can hear the blood pumping in your ears... but I love it too.

I guess once Africa is in your blood, it will always be in your blood. You guys know the saying, "You can take a SAffer out of the bush, but you can't take the SAffer out of the bush". That is so true....

Sometimes I have serious discussions with my Spirit-guides for bringing me out of the bush, to a cold, white place, but from here I can look with new eyes at Africa, and I can understand so much more. During the long, dark months of winter over here, I just need to look back in my memory, and find the sun, the clear skies, the animals so wonderful.

Each country has it's beauty and charm, and I have traveled all over the world, but Africa will always have a very special place in my heart. Special country, special people

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I like your avatar btw

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
District 9 is just a myth right?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsDoom

LOL,yeah,as far as i know,just a flic..and happens to be a great fave of my 5year old son,he must have watched it bout 16 times!

top topics

join