It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Neither the Video Phage posted, nor the picture of the "blue marble" does anything to discredit the video in the OP.

The one where the supposed earth disappears behind the window frame could have been done easily in a studio and the famous "blue marble" could as well be a painting for all we know.

No one here can prove or disprove either theory in scientific terms, meaning with irrefutable physical evidence.

The discussion is futile.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Except that the video I posted is the full video of which Sibrel only took a part. Even he doesn't claim it was done in a studio. He had to come up with that stupid "cutout" idea and not show the parts which show how ridiculous an idea it is.

Did you see this post?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can you explain how that would have been faked in a studio? Remember, the telecast was live.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

You've fallen for the usual hoax from the conspiracy loons

Here is image taken at distance of 98,000 miles from earth

At this distance can fully frame the entire hemisphere

Notice similarity....

It takes 3 1/2 days to travel from earth to moon . During that time astronauts took numerous pictures and
made several TV broadcasts back to earth .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This footage took FIVE YEARS to leak. Plenty of time for nasa to edit it like they do everything else. Did you know mars is not really red? Well now you know.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Neither the Video Phage posted, nor the picture of the "blue marble" does anything to discredit the video in the OP.

The one where the supposed earth disappears behind the window frame could have been done easily in a studio and the famous "blue marble" could as well be a painting for all we know.

No one here can prove or disprove either theory in scientific terms, meaning with irrefutable physical evidence.

The discussion is futile.

Quotes like this happen when people DONT READ all the posts in a thread or miss certain ones on purpose.
edit on 11-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
This footage took FIVE YEARS to leak. Plenty of time for nasa to edit it like they do everything else. Did you know mars is not really red? Well now you know.

Well it is red and other colours just like the earth is not just blue!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

And also as to why Buzz Aldrin the second man on the moon actually punched a journalist for having questioned him on the validity of the missions.

Why punch someone ? Unless you are trying to shut someone up and/or hide something ?

edit on 11-1-2012 by nh_ee because: Live Free or Die

Why not punch some little S*^t that calls you a liar! when most journalists will lie through their teeth to create a headline!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Pimander

Did they fake all the NASA UFO footage too? Or was that Lunacognita? Or conspiracy junkies. Or is it real?

It's real. And subject to gross misinterpretation of what is seen in it. Similar to what Sibrel did with the Apollo footage.

In most cases I'd agree. You do talk as though there are no unknowns at all though. I enjoyed the thread below.

There's no such thing as a NASA UFO

We ended up in the ridiculous position of Kandinsky citing Jim Oberg not knowing what something was and assigning different percentages to how likely he thought the different prosaic explanations he could think of were.

Originally posted by Pimander www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Required01
You can thank Hollywood and MSM for the idiotic connection of aliens and UFO's. Mindless people accepting everything as is told.
Is that what you have been told to think.

You do not know whether you are correct. The only idiotic position is the closed minded one. The purpose of research is to understand the unknown. It may well turn out that connection is far from idiotic.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
James Oberg had favoured the Proton 3 stage, but had allowed himself a margin of error too. He wrote in 1996...

What do I think the Gemini-11 sighting was? Right now with what I've seen,
and considering all the evidence at my disposal, I'd say the following
odds express my view:
Proton-3 65%
Other manmade satellite 30%
Other spaceflight-related event 5%
Unexplainable stimulus

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

>sigh<

.......does anything to discredit the video in the OP.

The "video in the OP" discredits itself, once you realize that Bart Sibrel edited it to suit his absurd fantasy claims of "hoax'.

Do you know what originally motivated Sibrel, to pursue this ridiculous travesty of misinformation and smear on Apollo? He has a very twisted and skewed view on religion and "god". He actually believes that "god" makes it impossible for Man to leave Earth orbit.

Bart Sibrel is not only a jackass, he is an insane jackass. Possibly the worst kind. Of jackass.

Now, whist this is technically "hearsay", here's a post from a person in 2005:

"I met Bart Sibrel doing karaoke in Nashville a few years ago. He seemed like a resonable guy until we got on the subject of the moon landings. We must have discussed it for an hour. I tried but could not convince him that man did, in fact, go to the moon 6 times between 1969 and 1972. I later went to Bart's home for Bible study. He was a member of a group that we would have called Jesus Freaks in the early 1970s. I am 59. I calculated that Bart must have been in the 4th grade when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin set foot on the moon. He was too young to know what was happening. And I guess the religious fanaticism warped his sense of what is real and what is not real. www.jimcolyer.com..."

(Note that the link is to the person, "Jim Colyer's", own website....itself a testament to some religious fanaticism. SO, would anyone wish to claim that a guy like Colyer, who promotes a website to promote "jesus", would lie about his encounter with Bart Sibrel??)

May 11 post from a man, who met Bart Sibrel in Nashville

And a Related older ATS thread post

But as to Sibrel?? What else but a nut-job religious freak would chase after people demanding that they "swear on a bible"??

edit on Wed 11 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Ok what color is it?
Oh and the moon is made of cheese.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's 2012. People still don't believe we went to the moon despite all the insane scientific advances we have made. A new war is about to kick off. Constitutional rights are being stomped on in the United States, and this, THIS is one of the most important topics on ATS right now? Crazies run #ing rampant on ATS these days. A video that was debunked in the first page of the thread is getting more attention than things that are actually happening in the real world. No wonder we're in the position we're in.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The originally posted video (the clip from "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon") was irrefutably debunked as a fraud about 9 days ago by a Youtuber called GreaterSapien.

edit on 11-1-2012 by zigguratvertigo because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

While we're talking about Sibrel, here's an interesting note which gives a clue to his mental stability.

Apparently, someone took too long to get out of a parking space he wanted. He parked nearby, got out of his car, and then repeatedly jumped up and down on the offending car, doing over $1400 worth of damage.

bartsibrel.blogspot.com...

Oh...
ccc.nashville.gov...|BART|12151964

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Does anyone have any ideas as to my previous post.

I watched and listened to all the broadcasts of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon - I was a teenager at the time.
During one transmission one of the crew suddenly exclaimed "There are no stars where are the stars"
Then the broadcast was abruptly cut - I have scoured for that transmission but to no avail - I know what I heard because it really left an impression on me.
They were in flight this side of the Moon between it and the Earth.
It comletely baffles me - I am not suggesting a conspiricy - just an answer to something I have puzzled over for 43 years
The crew member said "There are no stars where are the stars" he sounded both excited and gobsmacked

Anyone??????????

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, you are apparently well respected 'round here, but the the very
fact that you fail to acknowledge ANY of many, many, many serious
issues with the whole Apollo program is a serious red flag and is
typical behaviour from the numerous consistent conspiracy debunkers
on this site.

From my viewpoint, everything that NASA puts out for public consumption
should be treated with extreme suspicion, and for very good reason.

The Moon Hoax
Moon Hoax/NASA BullCrap
Endeavour And The Spaced-Out NASA Efforts

The case against NASA is compelling, and it doesn't take much imagination to
understand why such clearly intelligent persons such as yourself religiously defend the
official versions of events, in the face of all this damning evidence.

The fraud here is gargantuan.
History as officially taught is truly bunk.

PS: Any headway in applying your obvious skills at spotting fakery to the whole
spectrum of 9/11 video and photographic releases?
It's OK phage. You don't got to answer that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

During one transmission one of the crew suddenly exclaimed "There are no stars where are the stars"
Then the broadcast was abruptly cut - I have scoured for that transmission but to no avail - I know what I heard because it really left an impression on me.

The line is "My god! It's full of stars!" It's from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

How sad:

The Moon Hoax
Moon Hoax/NASA BullCrap
Endeavour And The Spaced-Out NASA Efforts

When are people going to get it through their heads that "Simon Shack" is a con-artist and liar. Or else, if not a liar, he is one of the biggest delusional fools of modern times. Right up there with Sibrel.

All of those three links (^ ^ ^) go to "Simon Shack's" silly "september clues" forum.

The man is absurd to a degree even greater than Sibrel, on second thought.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by artistpoet

The line is "My god! It's full of stars!" It's from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Please I know that film but this is not what I am speaking of.
I am serious I am being truthfull - I know what I heard - It has haunted me so please dont take me for a fool

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

There is no compelling case for a Moon landing hoax. There is nothing but a patchwork of claims which hold no water on their own or, more telling, have any consistency. Many of the claims are based on deception, such as the one in the OP.

edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I used to think the moon was a fake, but now I think the fake is a fake. Let me explain.

If a fast moving, social internet society was onto you about all the secrets you are hiding, what better plan than to get them thinking you never went to the moon in the first place?

What genius. The government says: "In reality, we have bases on the moon and on mars, but these dummies will think we haven't even landed on the moon." "Oh how the conspiracy junkies will love this one and we'll totally throw them off."

Don't believe it, just think about it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join